The twin t-slots provide an anchor point for the included Hold Down Clamp and user-made accessories. What Are the Best Miter Gauge For Dewalt Table Saw? This innovation makes the DWE7492 the winner this round. The stand is one of the easiest stands Ive ever set up. 4 800 RPM. His aim? I used a Y connector with a hose to tee off for the bottom and the top and then some adapters to get to the right connection sizes; it works, but its fiddly, and things got in the way of my rips, so Ive abandoned the top port for now. Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. Maybe Ill wait it out a bit to see what comes up nest. Its a huge benefit that this wheeled stand is included and not sold separately. Buy Dewalt DWE7491RS Type-2 Other tools in DeWalt Electric Saw category at lowest online prices - Find Dewalt DWE7491RS Type-2 tool diagram / schematic with complete list of replacement parts at RepairtoolParts.com. What are people using for an after-market miter gauge? It doesnt matter how good the design is or how good the quality is if its functions dont meet the requirements you have set. It made my workflow faster knowing I didnt have to measure everything four times to double-check the DeWalt. Such as the table top and the squareness of everything? Poor mitre gauge (but the mitre slot does take aftermarket mitre gauges), Excellent accurate fence with rack and pinion system. If the table saw miter gauge does its functions properly and supports your work, everything will be fine as expected. We keep things fair and balanced, to help you make the best choice for you. I also made a zero clearance throat plate. The unique rack and pinion fence system includes a flip over fence attachment that serves two function. I tried to find the model with similiar power (2200w) on 220 V, but i couldn`t. We recently also reviewed the DWE7480 and DWE7490X which were released with this saw. The Dewalt table saw is a tool-free power tool that allows you to install the riving knife, miter gauge, blade guard, and riving knife with a simple switch of a lever. This 10 in. Upgrade your miter gauge to the safety and extra crosscutting capacity of INCRA Miter Express sled. I found an excellent solution for dust collection. Trying to develop a saw light enough to be portable from job to job but durable enough for all the abuse. Where are you seeing sparks? The Dewalt DWE7491RS can hit an incredible speed of up to 4800RPM (rotations per minute). The Blade Guard Assembly is a standard clear plastic set of guards that allows the wood to be fed to the blade but shields you from putting hands on the exposed blade in a slip. The DWE7491RS comes with a miter gauge and three-piece blade guardwhich works nicelythat store onboard, along with the blade wrenches and rip fence. Although, it has a place to store wrenches, a cord, and anti-kickback pawls. Warranty: 3 years, 90-day money-back guarantee. It is about time that reviews were based on the item shipped as it shipped and not supplied by the corporation after an extensive QC is performed. Carl I cant imagine why that would be the casegot the right bolts? 90 lbs / 20 lbs. Another nice surprise that it is written by a childhood friend! The fence system is amazing. The mitre gauge itself is also extremely simple, with no stops for specific angles. Tools Saws Table Saws Table Saw Reviews, Crafted Garageis supported by its readers. I thought this is the best potable table saw. With a maximum cut depth of 3.125 inches and a 32.5-inch rip capacity, the 10-inch blade of this DeWalt table saw handled all the relatively light-duty board ripping I needed from it, but I also tested it against a variety of plywood and other board sizes to assess its capability. The DeWalt DWE7491RS 10" Jobsite Table Saw is a straightforward saw that delivers quality and performance in a portable package. At least its aluminum so corrosion wont be an issue. Going back to my far, far superior $99 table saw. My other drawbacks are that it could do a bit better with dust collection or at least offer better options for the blade dust collection, perhaps offering a splitter and how . I tested one of its core offerings, the DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw (which comes with a rolling stand) while rebuilding the deck on my Colorado home. It has been succeeded by the new DWE7492, which is mostly the same machine apart from a few minor improvements. Though thats a minor thing, you really should take care of your tools. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw. Moreover, it features a standard miter slot, letting users replace the available gauge with a high-quality miter gauge from a reliable brand. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Hope this helps. DeWalt itself has several other jobsite table saws for lower prices, though they either lack a stand or feature a flimsier one. Most Dewalt table saws make quick work of dado cuts and other types of cuts. However, if you value a sturdy stand and the ability to wheel the collapsed unit around, its easy to justify the modest extra expense for this saw. Got mine yesterday. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. It is a common thing to see a fence that measures up to 32 or even more. By clicking on 'Accept' or continuing to use this website, you agree that cookies can be placed. Rolling . It is the most affordable INCRA Miter gauge you can find. The DEWALT DWE7491RS is the best job site table saw Ive ever used. Sign up to receive the latest info on new DEWALT products, special offers and more. 32-1/3" / 22". Thanks. What safety features does the Dewalt table saw itself include? Haters gatta hate. Other Specs: Max rip to left of blade 22inch | Max rip to right of blade 32-1/2inch | Max width of Dado 13/16inch | Arbor size 5/8inch | Amps 15 | Depth of cut at 45inch Rolling stand designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability, 2-1/2 Dust Collection Port easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction. The flip fence allows you to cut wider material yet the saw remains very compact when its stored. You wouldnt worry about the middle of the fence? I have to say that this rolling stand is one of the better ones Ive had the pleasure of using; its very easy to set up and very strong and sturdy. We purchased the DeWalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw so our reviewer could put it to the test while rebuilding the deck on his home. Brad Nailer. Know a useful link or video for the DeWalt DWE7491? 26-1/4" x 22". You can download the relevant product manual for this item by visiting our dedicated service website following the direct link below. Weighing 90 lbs, this isnt the easiest to lift alone and can potentially cause a serious lifting injury. The 15-amp motor is fairly standard for this contractor or job site level of table saw, and none of the boards I threw at it caused it to bindgood news, as binding is at best annoying and at worst dangerous. Do you happen to know what the height is of the table part of the saw when the stand and table are open and ready for use? My table top scratches so easily. The included push stick is useful when using thinner workpieces that dont allow your hand to be at least 4 inches from the blade. The DEWALT DWE7491RS leads the industry for cut capacity on a job site table saw. I seemingly cant find a table was under 1K that gets 5 star reviews. The tables are warped, the fence is not accurate, the blade on many wobbles because of the housing. Its a basic block that slides along a slot of a fence and it can be easily locked in the desired position. Did you find an error in our data? Partially because of its huge powerful motor, which makes cutting workpieces feel like a hot knife through butter, something Ive not noticed often with other tools. For more information, check out our, https://www.toolboxbuzz.com/head-to-head/best-portable-jobsite-table-saw-head-to-head/. Miter gauge help in cutting wood at various angles, from 90-degree cuts to almost all any angles you might need. OMG! Owning a saw miter gauge helps you build concepts and you will keep getting better at the woodworking craft. Get daily tips and tricks for making your best home. Maybe they offer an accessory splitter and hose package. To avoid this likely problem, most miter gauge manufacturers incorporate a bar adjustment to help you fix the miter gauge on your table on a fixed position. I hope that helps. Because of your article, and others on-line, I decided to go with the SPT99-13 Skilsaw..found a good price locally and think it will outshine my old (pretty underpowered) Craftsman by a mile. As with many table saws, the included plastic miter gauge isnt nearly as precise as the fence and so I made angled cuts on a miter saw. It looks like the original European version, now replaced by DWE7492, was identical except for the arbor and power cord. There is also on-board storage for the power cord and the loose parts such as the miter gauge and guards, making it completely self-contained. With the DW745 being discontinued, this is the 10-inch jobsite table saw of choice within the DeWalt brand for me; though it always was, this is a seriously impressive job site table saw, one that has a powerful motor that is capable of rivaling a cabinet saw. Sliding block- A sliding block is the simplest type of length stop. The site pro system allows for tool-free installation of the blade guard, throat plate, and the riving knife. Cornerfield Shop shows how to make a nice Crosscut Sled for the DWE7491. This is quite a bold statement considering the options from Bosch and SawStop table saws, and I love a SawStop table saw. One of those functions is it creates a support for wide materials when the saw is set up to rip material wider than the saws table top. This is a highly versatile table saw which can achieve a huge number of jobs while still being a jobsite table saw; in a lot of ways, it punches like a cabinet saw, which is a lot to say for a DeWalt table miter saw. Typically, the workplace and the miter gauge are held together and moved across the table to cut. The saw blade is placed on two cradles on the right side of the saw. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. In all operations using saws, at all times, ensure your hands are at a safe distance from the saws blade. One of the best features that make the Rikon professional miter gauge the best is its easy to use design. The DeWalt Dwe7491rs table saw also includes the site pro system, which means that switching the various safety features around it can be done quickly easy and, most importantly, tool-free. They will fit jobsite saws. I suspect those parts could break when they are cold if you remove the fence and toss it in the trailer or back of your truck. Now I am supposed to box it up (an enormously difficult task in itself because how tightly it is packed), somehow pick up a 110lb 4 x 3 x 3 box (with weak cardboard that tears if you use the included handles) on my own to put it into my vehicle, drive to the nearest store (an hour round trip), somehow get a 110lb 4 x 3 x 3 box out of the vehicle, lug it into the store, wait in line to return it, then presumably wait while another one is shipped to me (the local store has none of these in stock). The left slot is a touch wider than the right slot. I said myself NO WAY! When attached to a job site vacuum such as my, The DWE7485 has a 2 1/2 inch dust port which will fit many shop vacs such as my Bosch shop vac VAC140A dust extractor, this sawdust port is very effective, collecting around 80% of the dust produced. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. You also get a miter gauge included with the table saw, and well, its not all that great; it does get the job done. Cookie Notice Set your gauge on your miter to 90, for a square cutting that is perpendicular to your miter on the square table saw. Any thoughts? Privacy Policy. The worry i have is that the motor spark when running and spark even more when I stop of the machine. This unique fence design rides on rails at both the back and the front of the table saw, which helps to eliminate the possibility of fence drift. Its between 36 and 38the specs say 37. Were confident of the quality of our products, and well repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship within the specified warranty. At first I was very excited about this idea but soon discovered it seems more of a hassle than a cool new feature. This flip fence allows you to cut those really wide materials, and yet the saw remains nice and compact when its stored. Its good to note that most of these tools are undersized, the idea being that you can tighten them. I am building a crosscut sled for it now and the rubbing of the sled it putting scratches all over the table top. Some professional miter gauges have a longer piece of wood facing because of this same reason. Serious Woodworkers: home hobbyists, ripping sheet material (4' X 8'), framing lumber, 2" X 12"), sizing material up to 3" thick, ripping and cross cutting 1X material used for dados, rabbets, mortise and tenons. Fulton Precision Miter Gauge with Aluminum Miter Fence with 45 degree Angled Ends for Maximum Stock Support and a Repetitive Cut Flip Stop . The problem I had with trying to use a precision miter gauge in my Dewalt DWE7491RS was that the miter slots were awful. Unplug the electrical cord of your table saw and lift the cutting blade high. Plus, this saw, which is a feature I truly love, is compatible with a dado blade. Learn more. My other drawbacks are that it could do a bit better with dust collection or at least offer better options for the blade dust collection, perhaps offering a splitter and how accessory package. A portable table saw with built-in rolling stand and plenty of power. More advanced safety features like the automatic flesh-sensing of brands such as SawStop just arent available in this price range. The power buttons flip cover ensures that you only turn the blade on when you mean to, which is a welcome layer of safety. Its painted diecast aluminum (Sorry for the delayi was waiting to hear from DEWALT). DeWalt has created the DWE7491RS portable table saw with longevity and convenience in mind. This is simply an integral part of a table saw, its a guide that helps you cut wood evenly, safely, and precisely. Another important point you can afford to miss is the miters overall construction. Reliable jobsite saw with excellent fence. The DeWalt DWE7491rs jobsite table saw has not one dust port but a total of two dust ports; the first is located above the guard, the second is located below the table. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. This movement and slop translate to inaccurate measurements and unreliable cuts. Pressure washer trailer setup a guide for new users, Your purchase includes one Dewalt table saw, 10inch 24-tooth carbide blade, rolling stand, push stick, miter gauge, rip fence, 2x blade wrenches, blade guard assembly manual. They increased the model number by one digit each year, but didn't change their . Keep reading for our full product review. When the cutting is completed, release the board, move it far from your blade. Machine Atlas will help you decide which machine is right for you and how to get the most out of it. The Delta 34-4__ saws are all about the same. We compare it with the original DWE7491. So I would like the workbench to be the same height. Now question is that what is the best miter gauge for dewalt table saw? The fence was .007" wider at the back than the front. This was extremely convenient since I did my cutting in the driveway and stored the saw in the garage overnight. And, if you check the many reviews on Dewalt table saws going back 3 4 years, the same complaints are very apparent. Some miter gauges are very sophisticated than others and can lamp the workplace and even have variable stops for repetitive machining of the workplace. For a couple of hundred dollars less than the DeWalt, you can get the SKILSAW 10 In. Which, for safety reasons, isnt ideal. Hello Todd, I have read dozens of reviews for Dewalt,Bosch,Baileigh,Grizzly and others and from my perspective (regarding Dewalt at least), Black&dDecker/Stanley have turned the product line , for the most part into junk. Obviously the standard vacuum connection on the lower housing. I may just buy the Bosch 4100 due to the lack of these items. Onboard storage system provides easy access to the Blade Guard Assembly, fence, riving knife, miter gauge, wrenches, push stick, and cord wrap when not in use. The mitre gauge on the DWE7491 is infamous, because many people complain about it. Having the dedicated on board storage with a dedicated location for the guard makes this much less likely to happen. The miter gauge you choose should include adjustable plates to avoid any possible movement and give you an accurate cutting machine. "Dock and Lock" or remove your gauge in seconds. Personally, this is the best overall jobsite + mobile stand option on the market. I agree. This is one of those contractor saws that you really shouldnt ignore; if you are on the fence about buying this, get off that damn fence! It fits all standard T-slots of x 3/8 slots. The Incra miterv27 has an adjustable miter bar that fits in any standard square-sided miter slots of 3/8 inches deep, inches wide. Aside from the incredible cut jobs the Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-inch table saw can provide, the table saw itself adds to the performance with the rolling stand. Its a really nice saw. The first problem I had was trying to outfit some sort of Y and hose to tee off my main dust port and attach to the upper one (2-1/2 to 1-1/4 Ys are not that common). The Dewalt miter that ships with the saw is 4-1/4" from the front of the front of the fence to the back of the gauge. The sawdust port on the guard features a smaller 1-1/4 dust port, which allows for any dust above the table top to be collected; this can be a bit of a hassle to use. An AMAZING Miter Gauge Upgrade for Your Saw. The DWE7491RS is also extremely accurate and very well built. What makes this particular miter appealing is because you can be able to use it with a variety of table saws that you might have. Features tool-free guarding component adjustments and fast, accurate fence adjustments. $654.99. The roller stand that comes with the DWE7491RS is extremely effective and easy to use. . It is often sold as a package deal with a foldable rolling stand (DWE74911). Good clean ones are listing for $3-400 around here complete with fence, miter gauge, motor, etc. If you are hoping to use this saw in lieu of a miter saw, youll probably want to invest in a higher-quality third party miter gauge. Click to play video. Missing is an additional anti-kickback pawl that is included in some saws and essentially grabs your workpiece in a kickback situation and prevents the board from moving back toward you. It honestly takes less than a minute to set up and tear down, and there are no tools required. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This particular table saw model comes with onboard storage. If you haven't already, get your dial calipers out and measure the slots at the edges and center of the table. Have there been any changes to the Dewalt DWE7491 RS lately to fix some of the problems mentioned. Easily store guard, fence, wrenches and miter gauge. Thanks Art. 32-1/2" rip capacity easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials. . 10" Jobsite Table Saw 32 - 1/2" (82.5cm) Rip Capacity, and a Rolling Stand, Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System Make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate. 26537. I assembled all and I began adjusting blade squareness. Find the lowest prices for the DeWalt DWE7491, updated daily, Ask questions or share your experiences with the DeWalt DWE7491 with others. The DWE7402di or DWE7444? This jobsite table saw offers an impressive 32-1/2 inch rip capacity, thats a rather impressive max rip capacity; this capacity is to the right of the blade, the increased rip capacity will no doubt cause competitors to match in time. It was a cup towards its middle by almost 1/16!! I agree. This allows the dust from the blade guard to be captured into the dust bag on top and it does not interfere with the material you are cutting. when I look at products, I start with the 1 and 2 star reviews because they are the indicators of product quality, shipping and customer service. Justin Park is a product reviewer for The Spruce who specializes in reviewing outdoor gear and cooking gadgets, and boasts two decades of writing experience. The Rikon professional miter gauge, 12-912 helps you correct your cuts with its adjustable aluminum support plate. Set it up. But for the upper port on the blade guard I connect the bag that came with my Dewalt compound miter saw it is the exact same size and slides Right over the port. Although the saw can accommodate a dado blade, you need to purchase the dado throat plate separately. The Miter 5000 blends the incremental angle control features of the Miter 3000SE with a very special 3-panel Sled for the ultimate miter cutting workstation for the table saw. Measuring the blade, it is under .001 front to back! Which Dado Throat Plate fits the DWE7491rs? It is simply a gauge replacement, not a complete meter gauge, this makes the price cheap. It features a 27 angle stop feature for precise and incremental control to help you make perfect cuts. Ive had this table saw about a year and have had very good results making precision cuts with the rip fence. One of my biggest concerns when buying a job site table saw is mobility and ease of set-up for one person. I learned to trust the fence and its measurements once I got the saw set up, and it made my workflow faster knowing I didnt have to measure everything four times to double-check the DeWalt. The saw comes with a push stick to keep your fingers away from the blade and a blade guard. The unit does weigh 90 pounds, so if youre going to be loading it in and out of a truck bed several times a day, you may want to look at a lighter job site saw. This model is designed with a universal mounting bracket that will support all user-made fences and any INCRA fence you might want to use. As you continue learning how to use a table saw miter gauge on your own, one of the easiest cuts to learn is a square cross-cut. The DWE7491RS 10" Jobsite Table Saw 32 - 1/2" Rip Capacity, and a Rolling Stand has a 15 Amp motor and 32-1/2" rip capacity to allow cutting of large and hardwood materials. It has too much play, and you need to use some tape or some other fix to make it actually usable. You can unsubscribe at any time. This is a pretty bold statement considering Ive been a huge fan of the Bosch saws for years. It is compatible with a variety of table saws. Looked at various Miter Gauges to upgrade my Dewalt DWE7491RS 10 inch table saw. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Its got a durable finish on the top. You dont have to be a professional to use this miter gauge. DeWalt makes a lot of effort when it comes to onboard storage. Learn how your comment data is processed.