We've all done things that weren't right up to kosher.". Frank was breaking up with laughter when the unknowing politico raced up to the bar and ordered more drinks for me and my girl. He was a stocky rock of a man, 5-7, 180 pounds, a fisherman when he wasnt angling for money and women, who flashed a well-practiced angelic smile. He didnt, however, figure out how to avoid getting caught at it or, whenever he got out of stir, how not to go back to the female commodity business. In Seattle, thats already pretty expensive, from $120 to $180 depending on the club and how many nights a dancer is scheduled to work. He wasnt naturally chatty, but talked animatedly if the subject interested him. Forgive me while I rehash an issue you probably thought was long-dead. plate heat exchanger sizing software. Under the terms of the plea agreement, FRANK COLACURCIO, JR., and the . Still, in divorce papers filed in 1993, Frankie's mother, Jackie - Colacurcio Sr.'s wife of 36 years - said she believed her ex-husband was still running the show. They havent even decided which panic buttons to use (Cole and Jane both want a button that triggers flashing lights) or where to place the buttons. Seattle, it turns out, has a storied and very puritanical past when it comes to strip clubs, and The Stranger had a wealth of articles on the subject for me to dig into. [8], On June 30, 2009, Frank Sr., Frank Jr., and four associates were indicted by a federal grand jury on racketeering and other charges stemming from years-long investigations into allegations of prostitution and money laundering. Though Colacurcio admits he isn't a "straight arrow," he hesitates when asked if he is a criminal. "I did not know what they were. All except Frank Sr. reached plea deals with the government resulting in his four remaining clubs being . I have had more back rent in the past year than I have ever had in my nearly 15-year career of dancing., Not all clubs use back rent, according to Frank Colacurcio Jr. (Yes, that Frank Colacurcio Jr.), whothough banned from running strip clubs in Washingtonis a consultant for Kittens Cabaret. He had peepholes everywhere, says one of Franks ex-bartenders. Colacurcio, who died in 2010, was the owner of strip clubs Sugar's in Shoreline and Rick's in Lake Forest Park. Bill went on to New Orleans where he was convicted in the 1980s for racketeering. It was finally ended in 2007, but during that 18-year period no new strip clubs could be operated in Seattle. He got three years. She said that's why she's concerned about the next city councilit will likely be made up of many first-time council members. She also didn't "explain why at least $8,455 from Colacurcio-connected campaign donors did not raise concerns in her mind until after weeks of media scrutiny," the Weekly wrote. After her conversation with Rossellini, Wills showed up at the Land Use Committee, which she was not a member of, and cast a key vote in favor of the re-zone. During a 197O trial, in which Colacurcio was found guilty of assaulting a former bartender who was a police agent, a detective testified that the nightclub operator also was being investigated for vice, narcotics, dangerous drugs, assaults and prostitution. To avoid trouble obtaining liquor licenses, Colacurcio had relatives and associates front as the business owners. Frank Colacurcio Jr. Frank Francis Jr. is called Frankie. [2], Born to immigrant parents from southern Italy, Colacurcio was the eldest of nine children, and worked on his father's vegetable farm in Seattle. A lifelong . In depositions, Colacurcio has said he often had $100,000 in cash on hand. As Bob Payton, Franks personnel director (and house-sitter when Franks off doing time) said in court last year, the young job seekers regularly tell him, I have no money, Im broke, my boyfriend left me, my husband beat me, Im on welfare, can I get paid under the table-things like that. But, back to Strippergate. Suddenly, the glass in the door shattered and flew into the club. The big guy was on the pavement, screaming, holding his bloody hands over his battered face as Frank continued to raise the rod to full extension over him. Furfaro asked the court for mercy: Dont make him quit, he said, hes too old. Frank Colacurcio Sr.Frank Colacurcio Sr., longtime resident of Newtown, Connecticut, passed away on September 28, 2020 at the age of 70.Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut on December 27, 1949, he was the Earlier this summer, I put up a Facebook post about Wills and Strippergate-a City Hall scandal involving illegal lobbying and political money laundering by Frank Colacurcio, a vicious gangster. Its been horrible for Frank, too: Women have not only kept him in the money, but also in the courts. I understand that they played the tape for him one day and he suddenly felt too old to seek re-election. In a deposition in the divorce case, his mother, Jackie, wondered if Frankie was up to the job. It is up to you, depending on your conduct, to ensure there is no sequel. Judge Jones observed that COLACURCIO, JR. was on the radar screen of the government, and the judge noted that prosecutors would not hesitate to ask that COLACURCIO, JR. be sent back to prison if he violated the terms of his supervised release. He was 25 at the time and worked as a truck driver, hauling fruits and vegetables from local farms to wholesale distributors. That one peed him off, says an old friend, because it was a setup deal; they lied to get him. A lingering mystery of those long-ago probes has been a tape recording confiscated by U.S. agents from Bill Colacurcios house and said to be prime evidence of corruption by a top Seattle city official. ", Im a little concerned [about retaliation], Orwall told me. "Some people would call it extravagant," the younger Colacurcio says of his lifestyle. Robin Price's daughter A Life of Crime . Seattle newspapers were never quite sure what to call Frank. One of the main sticking points for the clubs is the customer blacklist that would ban bad acting customers. She also didn't know that she had to disclose that she had met with Rosellini before the council vote, or what Rosellini's history was with the Colacurcios. Everyone calls Frank Francis Colacurcio Sr. just plain Frank. Brother Bill, who became known as the Pinball King of Seattle, and Frank, the Jukebox King, were accused of illegally undercutting competitors in the vending, jukebox, pinball, and cigarette machine business. In some cases he owns the property; in others he works as a "consultant.". For additional information please contact Emily Langlie, Public Affairs Officer for the United States Attorneys Office, at (206) 553-4110. Frank Francis Jr. is called Frankie. Frank Colacurcio Sr., 92, left, and John Gilbert "Gil" Conte enter the federal courthouse in Seattle on Friday for arraignment on racketeering charges. I do understand that retaliation threat, Cole told me, I understand completely. "I've never been an extravagant person," he says, quickly adding, "I have what I desire.". For decades, his name conjured up a seamy underworld of handshake deals, bare-breasted women and bundles of cash. Frankie lives with his wife and 14-year-old daughter in Arlington, Snohomish County, drives a 1991 Corvette and collects muscle . Boom, coins all over, and youre down the street. [4] In 1957, Colacurcio began working with Portland crime figure James "Big Jim" Elkins to open prostitution houses in Portland. He dropped out of school before completing the eighth grade and started a produce-hauling business. A parade of police and officials were linked to an illegal gambling/payoff system in Seattle bars and bingo parlors. schneider funeral home mt vernon in obituaries frank colacurcio construction. Cole would like to make it illegal. In 1981, Junior testified as a hostile government witness "I look at Frank Colacurcio as my dad, my friend and a very special person." gs, conclusions and a eements will be bin' upon the Parties, th . Colacurcio Jr. was convicted of tax . "I had been a council member for many years and I should have known better," Wills said. This agreem is binding The following fin . His prison time, mostly spent reading westerns, did him some good, he reasons. In the 1950s, Colacurcio and his brother Bill were distributing vending, slot, pinball and cigarette machines. In 1981, U.S. prosecutors charged him with skimming profits from the Brass Tiger in Federal Way and the Bavarian Gardens in Factoria. He liked the setting, the quiet. The city had turned down the rezoning application for the parking spots twice before 2003, once in 1989 and once in 1998. He did four years, got out in 1985, and went right back at it, hiding his interests through frontmen and continuing to pocket untaxed profits. I feel like Frankie, if he had to run it and his father wasn't around, I don't think he's capable of doing it.". "I don't break the law, but who knows? Not all clubs use back rent, according to Frank Colacurcio Jr. (Yes, that Frank Colacurcio Jr. ), whothough banned from running strip clubs in Washingtonis a consultant for Kittens Cabaret. I doubt they want to out themselves as having been in a strip club and having been accused of bad behavior.. Cole was one of the original dancers who took her complaints and vision for change to the Seattle City Council around two years ago. Seattle crime family. Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut on December 27, 1949, he was the son of Frank Colacurcio & Ethel Willis. If a dancer doesnt make enough to pay off the house rent, they basically get an IOU from the club, an amount that the manager on duty sets seemingly arbitrarily. Franks empire expanded steadily, and by the end of the decade he ran a handful of Seattle and King County clubs and another half-dozen scattered from the Southwest to Alaska. Hey Frank, one said with a smile and a wave, standing over the battered, near-comatose man, this guy giving you trouble? In March 2006, the FBI started a multi-agency task force to investigate alleged organized crime, racketeering, and cold case murders tied to Frank Sr. I would ask better questions next time. That's been my one drawback. "I'll never be retired retired," says Colacurcio, 78. "It didn't bug me that much except you don't have women, which is horrible," he says. Nonetheless, those who know him are sure he sits in prison planning his exit and his next business move. Former Councilmember Mike OBrien referred her to Working Washington which jumpstarted this whole thing. Frankie pleaded guilty in 1991 to the felony charge of tax fraud but, like his father, says it was a setup. ), Despite his nearly lifelong battles with the law and local crusaders, Franks empire thrives. As part of his plea agreement, FRANK COLACURCIO, JR. is barred from participating in any adult entertainment enterprise in the State of Washington for the three year term of supervised release which will follow his prison sentence. Rather than marry, hed do the time, and did: two years for carnal knowledge. The indictments alleged Colacurcio Sr . Crime family based in Seattle, Washington. "It's not for lack of trying," says former vice-unit supervisor for King County Police, Sgt. Frank Colacurcio Jr., 47, of Seattle, is the heir to his father's strip club empire, which has waned in recent years as cities have restricted nude dancing. A bill partially unwinding a 2021 policing reform clears the Legislature. COLACURCIO, JR. agreed to forfeit $1.3 million in cash, all interest in the strip clubs and related property worth more than $6 million, and . I dont have any doubts Frank will be back, says a longtime friend. The civil charges against Frank Colacurcio Sr., 89, Frank Colacurcio Jr., 45, and Marsha Furfaro, 67, who is the manager of the Colacurcios' Talents West booking agency for club dancers, will be . In 2008, local police and federal agents raided Colacurcio's home and business. Having too much back rent is an easy excuse to fire a dancer. His brothers and sisters, raised in the big family home in north Bellevue, looked up to Frank, the oldest of seven kids. "Mafia malarkey," he said recently. Says the associate today: I told Frank to let me buy this round. Male writers, anyway. The strip clubs run by this organization, Rick's in Seattle, Fox's in Parkland, Pierce . For example, Levy contributed $600 to Heidi Wills on April 27, 2001; the moratorium was renewed on April 30, 2001. With this final sentencing, the government will move to take control of the Ricks, Sugars and Talents West properties and put them up for sale. [6][7][8], In 2009, Colacurcio Sr., his son Frank Colacurcio Jr., and four others were indicted and charged with conspiracy and racketeering. Frank, today bespectacled, gray hair thinning, a bit heavier at 200 pounds, is in reasonably good health as he heads toward his 80th birthday next June-although his doctor, Dr. Frank Gleeson, says Frank has polycythemia rubra vera, a condition that can lead to thrombophlebitis, or blood clotting. In the end, crime never pays, and the results of this investigation prove that.. "Not until I'm in the grave.". A federal grand jury indictment unsealed today charges FRANK COLACURCIO, SR, his son FRANK COLACURCIO, JR, and four of their close associates with a Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization (RICO) scheme to promote prostitution at the strip clubs they operate in the greater Seattle area. "How do you define criminal?" I freaked out, she said. Allegiance: Seattle crime family: Francis Colacurcio Sr. (June 18, 1917 - July 2, 2010) . Hes one good-lookin broad! He had to have the honor. The View from Frank Jr. He was paroled a year later. The divorce settlement left her with several properties in addition to the Poulsbo house and $3,000 a month, but she says she is hardly living in luxury. If a dancer speaks out, in Jane's opinion, it's serious. By Posted sevier county septic records His appeal on the first tax conviction failed, however, and Frank went off to the federal lockup. This was a big disappointment to the head of the party, who was Franks old friend. "None will last if not run properly.". . [1], In the 1960s, Colacurcio acquired more interests in restaurants and nightclubs. project zomboid . Every night, a dancer has to pay the club house rent. Dont hit me no more, the guy pleaded, crying. Like his father, Frankie sees nothing wrong with the adult-entertainment industry and says he doesn't understand what all the protests are about. "Any politician, I dont care how large or how small, takes more of an interest in people who are donating than people who are not," Colacurcio Jr. said. In declining health, Colacurcio died at the age of 93 of heart failure, on July 2, 2010, at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle;[1] he was buried at Acacia Memorial Park in Lake Forest Park. At the same time, the local prosecutor said the Colacurcios' business efforts had "all the earmarks" of a well-financed attempt to take control of the jukebox business in Seattle. Jane said that the clubs are worried theyll get sued by customers. In return, theyd protect Frank and other illegal operators by not busting them. "I've never done anything wrong," he says, quickly adding, "Does that include traffic violations? One night at the club, Frank and the associate spotted the pol sitting in a booth with the busty pre-op, the pols face smeared with lipstick. Factoria was the venue of the old mans onetime-flagship dance club, the Bavarian Gardens, a topless beer-and-pool pub tucked into a strip mall with a next-door massage parlor. frank colacurcio jr. artmodeling studios bell 429; mom blackmailed for sex blooket hack to get all blocks; 2017 volvo truck fuse box diagram ultimate cheat menu the forest; proxmox find mac address of host; prime hydration. His income has been estimated at $800,000 to $1 million a year. He received this advice from Rick's attorney Gilbert H. Levy, who was friends with and received guidance from Rossellini, according to the Seattle Weekly. The extent of Colacurcio's involvement in the nightclub industry may never be known. In 2003, a criminal investigation began in Seattle known as "Strippergate" focusing on strip clubs owned by Frank Colacurcio, Sr. and his son, Frank Colacurcio Jr. Frank will be 82 if and when he gets out by 1999. In 1962, he opened a beer garden at the Seattle World's Fair.[1]. Some in law enforcement believe Colacurcio's time in prison opened the door to competition, and today the Detroit-based Deja Vu chain has the edge on the number of local strip clubs. "We've always been very close; he's always given me advice on everything," he says. He attended Bullard Havens Technical School. He says his one indulgence is his boat, a 38-foot Bertram called 4PLAY, worth about $80,000. For me, I didn't know this was, as the kids say, a "thing" until this past April when I was researching a story about strip clubs in Seattle. Back rent is an industry-wide issue. The other boys joined in, eventually setting up an office in Seattle. The King County prosecutor at the time determined that Wills was naive and there was no wrong-doing on her part. But hey, Franks a macho guy. He's been banned from working in the adult entertainment industry for life and said he is currently a "consultant" for a strip club called Kittens Cabaret in Georgetown. Frankie pleaded guilty to a single felony tax charge. In the following years Colacurcio continued to expand his strip-club business. Writing to the court, prosecutors noted that this sentencing is a final chapter in a long running criminal enterprise. Colacurcio Jr. was fed up with the zoning laws and the city council not listening to his business's pleas. In 1988, Sam pleaded guilty to profit skimming, Daniel pleaded guilty to obstructing an investigation by providing false information to investigators and prosecutors, and Patrick Colacurcio pleaded guilty to attempted trafficking in stolen property, all related to the operation of topless bars in Arizona. 86 - died November 30, 2011 at her home. | Learn more about Frank Colacurcio Jr's work experience, education, connections & more by visiting their profile on LinkedIn. One day were sitting in the lobby of the Lake Quinault Lodge, by a big fireplace, talking business, says a former employee. In the following years Colacurcio continued to expand his strip-club business. Besides, Frank was colorful. The charges were dismissed against Colacurcio Sr. after his death. His parole officer said a plea agreement designed by his lawyer ensured that Frankie, now 33, would be allowed to run the clubs once he was released.