HJ, is that your opinion or that of the rules committee? First deployed with US troops during the Philippine Insurrection of 1899-1902, this beast of a shotgun came into its own during the First World War. The fact remains, if you open a door you will let in something. WWI guns used a solid frame. Finally, some of the guns were arsenal refurbished, which is indicated by a stamp on the stock. She said she was there to shoot and have fun and didn't care about the score. WWI guns had six rivets ground smooth. March 16, 2023: The 1897 wait list for BCA supplied guns is currently CLOSED. Made from premium-grade, vegetable-tanned leather, the Burdette Custom Holsters Detective SA-35 holster is a custom outside-the-waistband (OWB) model for the Springfield Armory SA-35 semi-automatic pistol. Now you can dress up your office desk or man cave with a 1:3-scale replica of the best battle implement ever devised.. Know the exact vehicle you want? Q. I just purchased an original World War I, U.S.-issue Model 1897 Winchester trench gun with a heat shield and bayonet lug. We can fit them but will charge to do it at our standard $75/hour minimum shop rate. Action: Pump. 21. Your link has been automatically embedded. Researching more than one vehicle? And, since they can't seem to grasp what's spelled out for them, they figure they can just ignore itthen get their knickers all tied up in a knot when they get caught doing so. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. This is one reason the WWI guns are more sought after. Estimates do not include buyer's premiums or applicable taxes. I hope this clears up the questions concerning the rule about "reproductions". All absentee bidders must register with a credit card number and will be charged a preliminary hold of $100.00 upon registering. We have no idea whether they will fit a 31 Remington or a 5 shot 37 Ithaca. QW reserves the right to withdraw prior to sale any lot listed in this catalog, in whole or in part, and may do so at any time up to the moment of sale and at its sole and final discretion. Bidder agrees not to stop payment on checks or disallow a sight draft. Believe me, it would be a deluge. There is one caveat, however. The rules committee has listed the external modifications that are common to the three guns we shoot. Invoice and payment instructions will be sent by email on file after the conclusion of the auction. Possible replica. Seems the 870 et al clones are much bigger sellers, much easier to make and much more profitable. There are some poor quality shields in circulation that we won't attempt to use. Quinn's staff assisting customers with moving auction purchases to vehicles are not responsible for damage. There are original takedown model 97 trench guns. The auctioneer reserves the right to bar bidders in participating in future auctions due to failure to pay for merchandise won at auction. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program. Parkerize the whole thing. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Winchester Model 1897 12gauge Shotgun Trench gun Heat Shield Bayonet Lug M1897 at the If you must make the modification, recognize that you have illegal equipment and you can not shoot for a score. August 3, 2014 in Wild Bunch Rules Forum. Barrel Length: The barrel has been cut to 22 Choke: Cylinder Bore, Fixed. The bayonet lug and heat shield are one (attached) piece. LXVIII No. No property bearing additional descriptive limitations [i.e. I wonder what this phrase means: "ANY EXTERNAL MODIFICATION TO ANY FIREARM NOT SPECIFICALLY REFERENCED IN THIS HANDBOOK IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED!" There is probably no difference. It's simply amazing that some folks just can't understand what's written in black and white right in front of them. That does not equate backwards by being able to use a Modern gun in Traditional however. Original military 1897's have special markings on the receivers that are not present on the chinese reproductions but that lack of correct marking was not considered to be sufficient to disallow them as legal "reproductions". There was no special Model of 1917 bayonet made for the U.S.-issue trench guns. Construction is entirely steel, with a cast muzzle piece that incorporates swivel and bayonet lug and stud. | Online Auctions | Proxibid Guns & Military Artifacts > Ammunition and Militaria Auction QW assumes no liability for errors and omissions in the execution of absentee, telephone, or Internet bids. BIDDING. Valid Credit Card required for bidding approval, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Check, Money Order, Wire Transfer, and Cash. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. The muzzle should be roughly even with the front of the bayonet lug. Absentee bidders may leave bids to be executed fairly and confidentially by the auctioneer on their behalf. Registration is required of all Bidders. Clear editor. It blocks the trigger and locks the action, but JRB notes that it should not be fully trusted. Installing the hand guard will require a notch to clear the screw. They will not fit a Heavy Duck magnum because if its heavy barrel. In any event, these were not military bayonets and were certainly not issued by the military with trench guns during World War I or subsequently. Most WWI guns do not have military markings, though some will have an uneven U.S. and flaming ordnance bomb on the right side of the receiver in front of the ejection port. View Item in Catalog Lot #263 . They had also carried the 8-pound Winchester Model 1897 shotgun. When finished these are an excellent representation of the original factory guns, ready for display or use. Through its partnership with TALO Distributors, Glock is now making its G28 pistol, a subcompact, double-stack .380, available to U.S. consumers. Authentic trench and riot guns were cylinder bored and marked CYL on the left side of the barrel just forward of the receiver. I also decided to vote with my wallet and refrain from shooting any WBAS match because of the stringent rule interpretations by the committee. WWII guns do not have that stamp. Finish is brushed surface blued steel. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. WebThe Model 1897 Trench grade was an evolution of this idea. The bidder agrees to allow the auctioneer to charge his or her credit card for all unpaid merchandise. Early Retreats, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. This is not a definite indicator of authenticity. REMOVAL: Removal of items won at auction is the responsibility of the buyer. Very, very few are used in WBAS competition. These guns take the 1913/1917 bayonet used on the US Model 1917 Rifle and British P14. Please let me know if this 1897 bayonet lug and heat shield would fit on a Stevens 520 shotgun. * Original WWII Winchester 97 Trench Gun Heat Shield + 1917 Remington Ba, Original Winchester M1897 Trenchgun Magazine Tube Plug Screw Trench Gun. 360 S. Washington, Falls Church, VA 22044. Some were Parkerized by civilian owners in. Adding a 97 trench gun heat shield with bayonet lug to a take down 97 legal? These were presumably made for use with the commercial-production Model 1897 trench guns made in the late 1920s or early 1930s. Lot number: 263. This service DOES NOT APPLy to the modern reproduction bayonets. Pasted as rich text. I recommend you watch the video, as I simply didnt have the space to write up all the detail provided therein. We finally have these available. View cart for details. Those are the models that also went The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun is legendary. Posted: November 15, 2022 09:22 AM. A. There was no special Model of 1917 bayonet made for the U.S.-issue trench guns. The reason the Model of 1917 rifle bayonet was selected for use with the trench gun in the first place was to simplify logistics. They were already in production at Winchester, Eddystone and Remington-the makers of the U.S. Model of 1917 Rifle. However, I do not, and will not break them. After looking at the original photos I realize by barrel is to short got it to fit and still have enough room to take town then shotgun if I desired. WebThe heat shield appears to be riveted on to the bayonet lug with six small rivets - two on each side and two on the top. How do I know one of them didn't start out as a trench gun years ago. LXVIII No. East Taylor Heat Shield for Winchester M1897 Shotgun, ventilated barrel jacket with bayonet lug for the M-1917 Bayonet. Several years ago I ended up with a heat shield for a 97 trench gun with the bayonet lug and sling swivel. But it appears to have come off an winchester not a norinco. Please remember, that back when, shall we say. I Have This Old Gun Winchester Model 1897 Trench Gun. Carrying a half-cocked hammer over a live shell may teach you what the phrase going off half-cocked really means. The shield proper is tig welded on four positions at the muzzle collar. WebWhen building our 1897 & Model 12 conversions we will only use the shields that we supply. QW assumes no risk, liability, or responsibility for the accuracy of description, identification, weight, count, or measurement, or the verification of authenticity, authorship, or previous ownership, of any property listed in its catalogs, advertisements, lists of sale, or announcements. It really is very informative and, if youre looking for a trench gun, may well save you from making an expensive mistake. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, Winchester Model 1897 12gauge Shotgun Trench gun Heat Shield Bayonet Lug M1897. Combat Shotguns. Adding a heat shield to a shotgun that did NOT come from the factory with one would be an External Modification. Buying firearms and related items for other people can result in felony charges. It is outfitted with a 20 inch barrel, which makes it a nice compact package for tight spaces. Iconic Sniper Rifles of the American Armed Forces, Dont Lose Your Guns: Storage, Tracking and Insuring, Stories From The Squad Car: Balancing the Badge. M1897 Winchester Bayonet Lug And Heat Shield For WWI M1897 Shot Gun! Im not familiar with Poyer, but I looked briefly and found that he has published numerous firearms-related books. Chambers are re-cutto correctly accomodate modern fold crimp plastic shot shells. A direct replacement for both original and reproduction bayonet/shield assemblies. During World War I it evolved into the Model 97 trench gun, complete with a bayonet lug, sling swivels and a perforated steel heat shield covering the barrel. The reason the Model of 1917 rifle bayonet was selected for use with the trench gun in the first place was to simplify logistics. Battle of Winchester Virginia General Ty;er Bayonet Charge 1896 Civil War Print, THEATER KNIFE - WCC84 (TEST) SHELL- SWISS BAYONET-DIVE BLADE-JET PILOT SHEATH, U.S WW1 REMINGTON M 1917 BAYONET /SCABBARD --- US BOMB PROOFED, MEDAL OF HONOR SOCIETY CHALLENGE COIN - GETTYSBURG - 1863 2013 150TH ANNIVERSARY, M1 CARBINE BARREL BAND GI TYPE 3 WITH BAYONET LUG, Rare Swiss M1881 Vetterli Pioneer Musician Sawback Bayonet Scabbard Leather Frog, HELL ON WHEELS 2ND ARMORED DIVISION poster PATTON SCOTT CRITTENBERGER, 2 RARE Photos - Civil War Dead Burial Fredericksburg 1862 & Yorktown Zouaves, GENERAL ROBERT E. LEE & GEORGE MEADE art prints by Mike Gnatek 1990, 1862 Leslie's Weekly Centerfold Battle of Winchester VA by Tyler Charge, 1st AD - 4-17 Infantry - 1st SBCT - Ft Bliss TX - Embroidered Hook & Loop Patch, Nasty Bravo 4-17 Infantry Embroidered Patch - 7th Infantry Division - Wax Back, 17th Infantry Regiment "Whoop Ass" BUFFALO - American Bison - Embroidered Patch, British Enfield Rifles V4 Pattern 1914& U.S. Model 1917, CSA CONFEDERATE GENERALS HAMPTON & HILL art prints by Mike Gnatek 1990 CAVALRY, WHAT WILL TOMORROW BRING - GETTYSBURG - 1863 Civil War Giclee art print - REEVES, GENERAL ROBERT E. LEE & TRAVELLER AT GETTYSBURG art print by Mike Gnatek 1993, GENERAL ROBERT E. LEE & U. S. GRANT art prints by Mike Gnatek 1990, 17th Infantry Regiment Buffalo DUI Logo Patch - Multicam - Hook & Loop OIF - OEF, 17th Infantry Regiment Scrolls (2) - BUFFALOES - Afghanistan - Iraq - Panama, RARE Civil War Soldier Artist Hopkins Orig Drawing & Papers Nashville Camp 1865, 1948 Manual BREN MACHINE GUN LEE- ENFIELD RIFLE WW2 ANTI AIRCRAFT ISRAEL, THE HUMMELBAUGH FARM Gettysburg PA Limited edition Art print by Mel Shull, 1937 LEE ENFIELD RIFLE EXERCISES SQUAD DRILL WITH ARMS BRITISH PALESTINE MANUAL, Antique Arms Armor & Modern Sporting Guns Bonhams 11/12/12, Original 1862 Civil War Engraving BATTLE OF KERNSTOWN Winchester Virginia Waud, Death of a Nation Lee & His Men at Gettysburg by Dowdey BRAND NEW! Time Remaining: updating left to bid! WebThe action bar is marked MODEL 1897 / -WINCHESTER- / TRADE MARK REG. The pre-existing Winchester Model 1897 was modified by adding a perforated steel heat shield over the barrel which kept the soldier's hands off a hot barrel, and an adapter with bayonet lug for affixing an M1917 bayonet. ESTIMATES. The excerpts provided in the linked video seem well-informed. SHIPPING: USPS flat rate packaging will be used for this auction for all eligible invoices. WWI heat shields have six staggered rows of 29 holes each. These are not legal to install on the China made copies of the 93 and 97. Nor, would I expect, that they really cared that you created the replica trench gun. BUYER'S PREMIUM AND PURCHASE PRICE. The Americans thought the German complaints were rather rich, coming from an army that deployed mustard and chlorine gas, serrated bayonets, and flamethrowers. This is a safety feature to allow the gun to naturally unlock under recoil but delay manual operation in case of a hang fire. 1897s are old guns and some may be very worn. AUCTIONEER'S DETERMINATION AND DISCRETION The heat shield/bayonet adapters were easily damaged and may have been replaced with aftermarket parts, even on authentic guns. Internet bidding is available via the Live Auctioneers service. Three set-screws up front for a secure Please contact the auction company for checkout dates & times. A buyer's premium of twenty-seven percent (27%) will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns. Heat Shield/Bayonet Lug Fastening Screw $ 12.80 Add to cart; Back to Homepage. Watch American Rifleman staff with the BFT47, a semi-automatic rifle chambered for the ubiquitous Russian cartridge, 7.62x39 mm, and its a rifle that is specd out by Americans, built by Americans, for the American market by Century Arms. Auctioneer is held harmless for any damage to property incurred during relocation. The bolt comes right out the back of the receiver and will give you a nasty case of slide bite, or bolt bite if you arent paying attention. October, 2022. admin $ 404.00. First is Bruce Canfields Complete Guide to United States Military Combat Shotguns. WW2 pattern Winchester 1897 "Trench Gun" heat shield and bayonet lug. If that were my trenchie, Id name that one Poke-a-haunt-us or Porky. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Stock: American Walnut. I thought the Chinese had just stopped making any 97s at this time. "Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium not included. Just sayin. Lots should be picked up or removed by a shipper two weeks after the auction. The only safety is a half-cock mechanism which is set manually. As your name comes up on the list, we'll contact you as soon as we have a gun available. Amounts due over $2,000 must pay by wire transfer in US currency. Copyright @2022 The Single Action Shooting Society, Inc. We will accept a check, money order, cashier's check, or wire transfer along with a copy of the invoice. When US authorities declined to withdraw the guns from service, the Germans announced that they would summarily execute any American soldier caught with a trench shotgun (there were other models too, like the Winchester Model 12 and Remington Model 10, but since this article is about the 1897). Monday, April 24th: 11:00am-2:00pm WebWinchester Model 1897 Bayonet lug shield assembly replacement sling loop Bayonet lug/shield assembly replacement sling loop. Nevertheless, no information or description of any kind with regard to property listed shall be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. Free SHIPPING TO YOUR PREFERRED FFL Easy Payment RELIABLE This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. If so, thats good, but you need to look at other things. Thought of it at length. Any bidder failing to make full payment within 21 calendars days of the sale date is in default. Winchester 1897 BAYONET LUG & HEAT SHIELD for TAKETDOWN Ver. I also want to point out that there are companies that make reproductions using refurbished and reworked Model 1897 guns. Consequently, it behooves the telephone bidder to focus their attentions exclusively on the process of sale and the lot under consideration. But I'll never agree with it 100% since I'm personally having problems with the proper heat shield ie one that came off a 97 to begin with being put on another 97 for this game but I will oblige you on it so I guess I got stuck with this part. Bids cannot be retracted using this feature. Complete the look of your Model 1897 Trench Gun with this Winchester made reproduction heat shield! WW2 pattern Winchester 1897 "Trench Gun" heat shield and bayonet lug. WW2 pattern Winchester 1897 "Trench Gun" heat shield and bayonet lug. Copyright @2022 The Single Action Shooting Society, Inc. LXII No. The law of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern the auction and sale of all property unless otherwise noted. When soldiers managed to breach their opponents line, swinging those long-bayoneted rifles to fight in the confines of a trench was difficult, to say the least. M1917 US REMINGTON BAYONET SCABBARD WINCHESTER EDDYSTONE TRENCH SHOTGUN, Winchester U.S. Model 1200 Trench Shotgun, Riot Gun Barrel Shroud, Bayonet Lug, VINTAGE ORIGINAL US M1917 SHOTGUN BAYONET AND SCABBARD MADE BY WINCHESTER, SUPER RARE US M1917 POLICE SHOTGUN BAYONET AND SCABBARD MADE BY WINCHESTER, US WW1 Period WINCHESTER Russian Contract Bayonet Converted to Fighting Knife, WWI WINCHESTER 1917 BAYONET -British P14 Enfield -Scabbard -Knife WW1 -Military, RARE WINCHESTER MODEL 1895 BAYONET WITH RARE SCABBARD, Winchester Repeating Rifle Model 1873 Socket Bayonet, Scarce Winchester Repeating Rifle Model 1873 Socket Bayonet, RARE ORIGINAL US M1917 POLICE SHOTGUN BAYONET AND SCABBARD MADE BY WINCHESTER, TRENCH ART WW1 EAGLE HEAD GERMAN 1873? When building our 1897 & Model 12 conversions we will only use the shields that we supply. And since both my 97 s have had barrels cut and work to mark them cowboy ready prior to me getting them to use in WBAS. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. Some of seen that happen. These Conditions of Sale may be altered in written and oral public announcements made only by authorized representatives of QW. Please do not show confirmation for remainder of session. If not, its a fake. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. Therefore it is ILLEGAL. WWII heat shields have four rows of 19 holes. Fakes may be soldered or welded. Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. As has been the case all along, this is a matter of acquiring decent candidate guns, not a manufacturing issue.. We are still shipping guns every day and will continue to do so. We buy decent used Winchester shotguns which are then totally torn down, cleaned, worn parts replaced, re-blued, reassembled and tested for proper function. Serial number range for World War I era trench and riot guns: E613000-E705000, Serial number range for World War II era trench and riot guns: E921300-E986300. Because of the finishing process, this model bayonet was blued for the first few inches of blade up from the hilt. What's the difference? 5 7 comments Best Add a No offence on you either, just a couple things to say. The .38 Smith & Wesson Special, designed in 1898, rocked the handgun realm with its ballistic performance making it a cartridge for the history books. Unmarked which is typical. Shooting an AR-Pistol Without a Brace: Do We Need to Learn? Trench and riot guns had 20-inch barrels. Blackie, as a 1911 gunsmith, I will add a comment or 5. All of our current inventory is obligated towards future builds. Absentee bidders are encouraged to use the Absentee Bid Form included with this catalog. Some were partly Parkerized. It is our mission to encourage, organize, and support these efforts throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Non Guns Barrels Correct Blue Steel Trench Gun Heat Shield with Beaded Muzzle Bayonet Lug Swivel fits Winchester in or gauge | 799 | 0 | Lc | 203.1444ms, Correct Blue Steel Trench Gun Heat Shield with Beaded Muzzle, Bayonet Lug, Swivel fits Winchester 1897, 1912 in 12 or 16 gauge. Summary Vehicle History Report below provided by AutoCheck. BJ, while the To might not care I guess that HJ does. There are some poor quality shields in circulation that we won't attempt to use. Major defects, where evident, have been noted, along with comments regarding overall condition. All returns must be completed within 30 days of sale date. You are using an out of date browser which is likely incompatible with our website. WebHere is an exact replica of the factory Winchester 1897 and 1912 Head Shields that were issued from World War I up until Vietnam. Out of stock. A bayonet is not allowed on any of our guns during matches, however. I can not see the difference between a trench gun from Winchester or norinco and one that uses the same parts by a gunsmith or shooter. 703 532 5632 extension 571. All absentee bids must be submitted by 3:00 P.M. the day before the sale. The Auctioneers reserve the right to repossess, at any time, at your location, any unpaid merchandise. Original, Winchester 1200 Trench Gun Heat Shield/bayonet Lug With M1917 Bayonet. AutoCheck vehicle history reports deliver information on reported accidents, odometer rollback, lemon vehicles, branded titles and much more. Riot guns had no bayonet adapter. This page was last updated: 01-May 02:47. Internet bidders must register through the Live Auctioneers service and are further bound by the terms and conditions of those services. So, where it is at this time, you must commend the committee that set the rules to properly maintain them. Trench guns had no barrel band, so look for evidence of one having been removed to spot a fake. When American troops showed up on the front in 1918, some carrying John Moses Brownings Winchester trench guns, the game changed. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. If your sling loop has been removed or damaged these will correct the problem. Invoices greater than $2,000.00 require payment by certified check, bank check, cash or wire transfer. However, no lot will be offered with a reserve price that is greater than the low estimate. A. Because of medical issues, she shoots a 20 gauge and a .32 mag Marlin, two illegal guns. WWI guns have a thinner wrist and a higher comb. Making a "military style" 1897 from a normal civilian style 1897 is NOT listed as an allowable external modification. Furthermore, the auctioneer and QW may, at their sole and final discretion, reject bids issued by any bidder considered not in good credit standing with QW, or any bids issued by individuals determined to be acting in contradiction to legitimate and established auction practices and law. Heat shields for the Stevens 520 are not available. Be careful of your hand when racking the slide. The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun also saw service in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam and it has become a prime target for military surplus firearms collectors. And, if so, how I do tell? Newly made steel reproduction item.Originated back in WWI for trench warfare and used up through Vietnam war. 1913-1917 LONG BLADE BAYONET WILL FIT AND LOCK IN PLACE. Capacity: 5, without plug. That I'm doing it or that I'm say why I'm doing it? Furthermore, there is no remedy for bidder remorse. UPDATE: March 16, 2023 An ongoing supply chain issue means that we need to immediately put a hold on all NEW incoming trenchgun conversions shipments. Jet forward a year or two from then. The video ends with the Judge shooting his trench gun for us and even shooting some sporting clays while playing the original recording of Over There. Unless otherwise noted, all lots are subject to a default reserve price of fifty percent [50%] or half the low estimate.