I now see that papers have information that goes against the contract and the truth of how the program really works. One gift is an access to a "Priceline" type booking service and the other gift entitled bookhawaiicollection.com could not be accessed. Vida Vacations Reviews - Glassdoor After being badgered for hours, we purchased. Vida Vacations | Complaints | Better Business Bureau Profile We were told that the certain agencies would buy back the timeshare weeks for a set amount. Vida Vacations feels it would be most prudent for Ms. ****** to contact the Member Services Representative she has been in a lengthy resolution process with and set up an appointment while she is at the resort in person. Upon instructiion from bona fide rental-sales finance manager, I was instructed to bank wire nothing but all $7,750.00 us cash to reserve 5 luxury weeks vacation at the grand luxxe residence club in cancun for dates 07/03/22 thru 07/10/22. I bedroom instead of 2 bedroom deluxe at Celebrate Club All addendums as previous contract. *In Canada, trademark(s) of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus, used under License. Be careful! We were put in the Grand Mayan for this "one time only" first use. My wife is retired now and may be forced to go back to work since we were led to believe that this would only cost us under 7, ooo dollars. In my opinion this is a nice resort, unfortunately they are liars and thieves. After we finished paying our downpayment I called to make a reservation that's when I was told I would have to use breakaway weeks to get a 2 bedroom, but I could not use breakaways at any Grand Mayan we would have to exchange to another resort. My husband and I purchased with Vida Vacations Club-Bliss Resorts in Mexico and have now found out with the help of family members that we were given two contracts, one for 10 years and one contract for 100 years. The free breakfast buffet and one-hour sales presentation turned into far more than that. If you receive a call, even if it appears to be from us, hang up immediately and call us back at 1-800-292-9446. However, BBB does not verify the accuracy of information provided by third parties, and does not guarantee the accuracy of any information in Business Profiles. Being skeptical, I asked how my wife and I knew for sure that these numbers were real. This Reservation was given on Grand Luxxe letter headed paper. Vida Vacations, Vidanta Resorts, Destinos Unlimited Vida Vacations, Vidanta Resorts, Destinos Unlimited Nationwide USA Phone: 1800-292-9446 Web: vidanta.com/ Category: Resorts Vida Vacations, Vidanta Resorts, Destinos Unlimited rip off Cleveland Ohio Resorts: Vida Vacations, Vidanta Resorts, Destinos Unlimited Cleveland, Ohio was worth 42, 900 dollars if we were interested in signing it over to them. Sincerely, In Sept, 2013 my wife and I were lied into paying $7210 deposit purchasing a 3-weeks package. We signed a new finance contract and paid a new down payment. Bravo! We could then use the cash procedes to replace the money we would use to buy the vida timeshares. I believe under the circumstances of a prior class action lawsuit and admission of misrepresentation during sales, any espnable judge or jury would find the demand for transfer fee unjust. They offered to get the contract, which provided money and within 10 years you can return this sum without any interests. Also, when we did call the resort an d gave the certificate #, they disclosed this was designated to someone in year 2020 and used up. We ate some of the best meals we have had anywhere. 29 Staples St The must continue to honor these contracts even if they do not offer them anymore. connected to all exchange companies, even small luxury hotels. They said that their concierge would handle everything, all reservations, with the exchange companies. My mother and I traveled to Mexico to celebrate my graduation from college. Already a member? Vida Vacations Customer Support: Poor Performance. Well these ended up being scams and the "companies" that Vidanta works with, have no choice but to lie and be in the middle of the scams. After the presentation they tried to sell us units startingin the $70,000 range for a two bedroom unit at the Grand Mayan. I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts: In direct reference to the above post, at this moment Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta customer service has addressed our issues in a most professional manner. Please join me in challenging Vida Vacations in court over 1) A full refund not provided and 2) Unjust contract transfer fees. The sellers also told us that we could easily rent the t.s. We told the seller that we are not beach people and that our visits to mexico was mainly to see family. . We told the seller that we are not beach people and that our visits to Mexico was mainly to see family. We should have known better by reading the countless reviews on this scam. We accepted since they said it would only take 90 minutes. They think that by threatening us with legal consequences we will cower and go away. Welcome to the world of Vidanta, a collection of lavish resorts and various curated vacation experiences located throughout Mexico's most beautiful landscapes. We feel totally scammed now! VidaOwners.com provides a marketplace where guests can rent unused Grand Luxxe weeks from timeshare owners. They include offers sounding too good to be true, well we are finding out the hard way that NOTHING so far has come into fruition. Companies displayed may pay us to be Authorized or when you click a link, call a number or fill a form on our site. After paying the $3000, the platinum package includes a reoccurring fee of $99 a year instead of $299 a year for basic plan, 100% inventory, 40 weeks on the platform that never expire, 4 authorized users on the account, 2 free cruises a year, airfare, prorated nightly room rates, gain full access to Hawaiian Vacations Maintenance fee Protection & Platinum Rental Program which means Hawaiin Vacation would be our property manager, small brokerage fee, to advertise and rent out our units for us for the units we don't use to receive money back to make a profit. The hotels they offer are just really really terrible or they tack on extra fees. We value your privacy. Who would think that the owners of one of the magnificent places on the planet would allow such a thing. Ms. Rose, During the Christmas holidays we called global golf connections twice and got two different stories of how they operate. The price was still to high, so we continued to say, no gracias. My husband and I were scammed by Vidanta/Destnos Umlimited!! They tell you all about the upper class stuff, then sell you the lower class package and don't state that you can't do any of what they just showed you. We are now filing a claim with BBB, and will next contact PROFECO (Mexico's Consumer Protection Agencies that licenses Timeshare operators) to cancel the contract. By entering your email, you agree to sign up for consumer news, tips and giveaways from ConsumerAffairs. What the company does say is that those promises made by the sales team are not consistent with the timeshare contract, and therefore Vida will not support the representations made by its sales teams. ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. This is not to be an indictment in anyway against Cirque, I've seen four of there shows, but do they really want to be associated a group that is doing what is so well documented here and other consumer forums? I just got off the phone with Nick Steele who refuses to assist in any way. I now see that papers have information that goes against the the contract. VidaOwners.com Unfortunately the saga with Vida vacation goes on another day.We are trying to resolve this offline but Vida insists that they are within there legal rights to support a process that trains sales reps to present benefits such as rental, resale and now there latest scam is presenting their Private Residence Club as deeded property, another lie. He said it would be easy to liquidate at the lowest price of 19, 200 dollars. Emails found on company website customerservice@grupovidanta.com 100% Support 0 0 Emails found on 3rd party websites customerservice@vidavacations.com 99% support 0 0 vidacareer@vidavacations.com 98% hr 0 0 The seller then proceeded to tell us that we could exchange with their program for city locations at a very low price of 299 dollars for the week. Customer Service department has addressed our issues satisfactorily. Ms. Gines, Jeff Nicholson, PhD, PA-C jeff.g.[protected]@gmail.com. The free stays theyll pressure you to upgrade and spend an arm and a leg to do it. Too bad? We signed the contract, after being there 6 hours and wanting to leave, TRUSTING that what we spoke about was what we're receiving. It is the principle now. Should we have realized they were taking advantage of our trust? The company also offered the services in finding the place, where you wanted to stay, and they helped to fill the necessary papers. They really push the vida dollars making you think you are getting dollar for dollar savings when you actually only get to use about 10% on the dollar. Ripoff Report | Vida Vacations Destinos unlimited Review I lost a whole day of vacation 9:30am to 5 pm and got the runaround at the resort when I asked for the person in charge of sales at every desk and person we encountered. They used the same tactic with us, since I speak English the sales representative tried to use me to verify his statements but it was very tough to concentrate on our 2nd old daughter who needed to be taken care of and also to read a contract in English meanwhile be holding a verbal conversation in Spanish. P. Vida Vacations will claim anything just to not let you go, though now there are many websites and forums where you can inform yourself and avoid getting scammed. Previous review. I also asked why it was such a problem? I received a phone call from Hawaiin Vacations last week to find out that in order to receive what we were promised we would have to pay an additional $3000 & they do not SELL our current timeshare. Give me a break!!! It never really crossed my mind they were not tell me the truth about the two main reasons I was buying (rental income and reselling my Shell Vacation program). We will never go to a timeshare presentation again in mexico which is a shame since my husband is mexican and we did not want to own in mexico. At $499 per week, I would be saving at least $1,000 per week in rental if the package was legit. We purchased that day and decided to cancel 3 days later. VIDA Vacation SCAMS. Anyone who has been on a Mayan sales presentation in the last 10 years can attest to the fact that rental income is a huge part of their presentation. If you allow your sales teams to lie and upon discovery you do nothing, or worse cover it up, your claim of legitimacy is yet another lie. Please address why you allow such deceptive sales practices and then blame the unsuspecting consumer for believing what they were told by sales reps representing Vida Vacations. We have no further complaints whatsoever. Vida VacationsAbove The Law? There was a residual amount left of $1,579.00 which is being held in reserve that can be applied towards future reservations. presentation. We are committed to exposing them and bringing them. My wife and I traded our Club Intrawest timeshare for a reservation in the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta in early December 2013. A Members-Only - Vida Vacations We bought on October 3, 2022 in Nuevo, Vallarta & got talked into being a part of the Ambassador Program at the very end after saying NO the entire time. Whatever Darryl showed all 6 of us was NOT the real deal. We are supposed to get 10 certificates this year and an additional 10 certificates next year which could bring in $10,000 in 2 years. That club freedom is useless unless you are a millionaire. Vida Vacations members have access to the Vidanta destinations, a series of extraordinary beach resorts curated to offer you the best in dining, entertainment, natural beauty, and relaxation. Because of these assurances we decided to go ahead and spend $13, 500, this was the price after the phony credit they gave us for our Palladium program and rental credit. Not sure what our options are at this pointdo we just not pay? We are looking for high-energy, sales driven professionals who connect quickly with others and are willing to re-locate. Boasting high-end amenities, comfort-filled accommodations, and the best service in Mexico, there's nothing quite like a vacation with Vidanta. 1 comments. Is this your company? He said yes, all of these would be available at $499 per week in Lucerne, Switzerland. We had 2 offers we wanted to take advantage of--- cruise and flight 75/each. We went to presentation on 4/27/16 for the timeshare resort in Nueve Vallarta. She is incorrect in that these monies were to be applied to her previous contract and the residual applied for future use fees. If the i choose to dispute my contract they i travel to Guadalajara, Mexico, hire a local attorney who speaks Spanish and file a case with an arbitration board. So we went back 2 days later and informed them we wanted the contract scheduled. We have now gone onto Ebay and other resale websites and see that the prices that have been quoted to us and given to us on a print out are not true. A year and a half later nothing has happenedi now own 4 weeks that i dont use, cannot sell and cannot rent. BTW there is nothing in the contract that states we cannot retain assistance. Went to member services, Alex, and he handed us a form to fill out.Alex stated that it goes to owners daughter not in trash. Interesting Scam email on Vidanta Resort Fees Shook My hand and written offer was stamped approved and initialed. This would likely take eight months to two years of hearings to conclude, some of which would require the plaintiffs attendance. We were told that we purchase Bliss Riviera Maya but it ended up purchasing Bliss Nuevo Vallarta which is still under development. Lower class (Mayan Palace, The Bliss, etc) cannot participate in the things the Upper Class (Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, Lux, etc) can do - but they are very sneaky when selling this to you. Our Destinations Vidanta Destinations That is not how it works. I also thought and was told that if we don't use our timeshare, we would be able to rent out our units on our own, to get cash back, through VRBO or Airbnb using Vidanta website pictures and descriptions BUT to do this there is a $3000 fee to initiate rentals through those websites and the lowest I can go to rent for a week is $850 - $1900 BECAUSE I'M NOT PLATINUM, which means NO PROFIT! @vidavacations.com, @vidanta.com, @grupovidanta.com, @vidantacruises.com, @vidantagolf.com and @vidapayments.com If you require further information, please contact us on any of the toll-free numbers listed below. Their position is we should have been aware that their sales team was allowed to promote a benefit that was proven to be useless. Ripoff Report | Vida Vacations complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits and Its a vicious circle and we are stuck in the middle. My husband is mexican and we bought with Bliss REsorts on November 18th, 2013. Ms. Rose I urge you to reconsider. What they explain is that you can upgrade to their PRC program, which has a deedperpetuity, whatever they may say. For over 45 years, Vidanta has been involved in designing, constructing, financing, and operating hotels, resorts, cruises, and more. If the contract is not registered with the consumer agency then by law we don't own anything after 10 years. The scam is they discounted the price and gave us rental credit, giving the false impression that there is a huge demand for rental weeks (this really helped convince us) then they gave equity credit for the Palladium, there were some other credits which we can't remember but in the end we paid $13, 500. I just found out that club freedom is another type of luxury timeshare with prices out of my pocket. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. We don't want to donate and take the chance that Make a Wish Foundation doesn't know anything about the program, and we do not receive the $5000 as was stated to me once all 10 certificates have been auctioned off. We wish to retract the above post. We tried to search reviews, and their internet services seemed blocked. Drink the mezcal but don't use the copitas - small ceramic cups are Further, after added investigation, we found that most of what was promised was disingenuous (and in part, after visiting with other vacationers there, a couple of whom regretted their own prior purchase but were now making the best of things). We don't dispute that your contract covers what you state. . When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints. I was able to get approximately half my money back in 2011 for a downgraded contract with an offer of downgrading my contract to a one week suite, but I am still in the hole for $7600 and unable to sell my contract to anyone else due to the assignment clause number 6. Vidanta Resorts, also known as Grupo Vidanta, is possibly the leading resort developer in Latin America. Our Customer Care Center is always happy to answer any questions you might have or help you book your next vacation. I am so disappointed in the whole experience. Good luck! Shame on us for trusting them!!! We have tried to settle this offline but the Mayan refuses because we have decided to use a third party. So, please take our advice, us and the other reviews, stay clear and save your money. We told the seller that we like city locations better but that they are hard to exchange to and quite expensive when booking suites with expedia or other online sites. Estella from Grand Incentives who seems to be accommodating and helpful, may be stuck in the middle of Vidanta's scam. Now it would cost almost 400 dollars to liquidate it. The deed recording sales shows in Recitals (Company declares) is in fact deeded to the developer, who then divides that deed into one week intervals and packages them. We went in person to request full refund and cancellation, of which we were declined. My wife was in serious physical distress going through the gauntlet; but little care was shown by several layers of sales people we interacted with. We were told we were chosen because we live in Washington State, and they wanted more people from our State to check out the Vidanta properties. I would love to be able to stay at such a fine place, but after our experience, I dare not. Claim it and get a lot of features. I urge The Grand Mayan to do the right thing. Then they put us on the phone with a Rental Broker from a list they provide who proceeds to tell us he has tons people waiting to rent the type of unit they we're trying to sell us (how My husband, myself, sister and my brother in-law were deceived into buying something we can't use. Vida Vacations is the exclusive selling agent of private club memberships that allow access to a collection of the finest resorts, spas, and golf courses in the world, including the exclusive Vidanta destination resorts: Grand Luxxe, The Grand Bliss, The Grand Mayan, The Bliss,. Vida Vacations 23 complaints 9 resolved 14 unresolved File a complaint to Vida Vacations Vida Vacations contacts (added by reviewer) Phone number +1 800 292 9446 Website www.vidavacations.com Category Travel & Vacations View all Vida Vacations contacts Most discussed complaints 2 Vida Vacations alternatives Also he already knew we where coming. Upon checking in at the resort, my wife and I were approached to attend their t.s. Due to the facts weve presented this is the only conclusion one can draw. I am so upset that we trusted them and should not have, this has become a nightmare and what worse timing than it being the Christmas, new year holidays! If it was deeded you would have visited a Public Notary, and sign "the book" which is law in Mexico with all deeded property. Nov. 25, 2022 we arrived at the PV Mexico airport and were invited to view a property at Vidanta Puerto /Nuevo Vallarta which we were told would last about :60, and in doing so we were offered Vallarta Adventures passes at minimal cost, $ 7400 pesos. Vidanta resorts is a scam!! Do not buy a timeshare! Vida Vacations Review: timeshare fraud - ComplaintsBoard.com That's a head scratcher. My new wife and I decided to honeymoon in Cancun and chose a week I had (via an unrelated travel club) at a place called Mayan Palace, one of several Vidanta locations in Mexico. When i was looking at vida, i told them we rarely used our 2 weeks per year that we already had with shell vacations. We will continue to spread our story until this situation is resolved. Whenever, I call, a voice came to say 'hold on' and phone went dead. The value-added packs included a 750ml bottle of Del Maguey Vida de Muertos mezcal and four copitas. So basically, the cost would only be the difference between the two which would be less than 7, 000 dollars total price. There's no question they know their sales teams say whatever they have to to make the sale (they actually think they're creative and legitimate) and they(Ownership/Management) some how justify supporting this. They also sold us a suite in the Kingdom of the sun which is still under construction. They rely on the contract when we complain about the bogus rental/resale scam, they say you shouldn't have bought for rental/resale even though they put us on the phone with a brokerastonishing. Trying to make the best of it we remembered the Vida sales rep making a big deal on how easy it is to rent out the weeks through brokers that their members use. Note that you will need your contract/agreement number and your registration number. about them, take a look: It was finally returned. My case is no different then the many, many victims who have posted here and other complaint sites I fell for the rental/resale scam. We paid a total of $11,000 & I want ALL of our money back. Sent emails, nothing in return. 2 months later (we are to start paying 3 mts later) we get a letter . I would like to join. We remain at your service. She is the author of, Surviving A Timeshare PresentationConfessions From The Sales Table and Timeshare Vacations For Dummies. In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org. Grupo Vidanta - Class action lawsuit - ComplaintsBoard.com