Countdown Party, Universal Studios Japan will be open for a grand total of 26 hours, from 7:00p.m. However, a quick look on the Google Play store says the app hasnt been updated since 2020 but is still available to install. Resold tickets will NOT be accepted in the Park. 7 years ago. The world's first interactive Mario Kart theme park ride will leave you with a rush of adrenaline! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is genuinely incredible. They all seem to be sold out! Universal Studios Japan has announced the Universal VIP Experience Group Tour [Kids Adventure] ~ Super Nintendo World ~ tour, offering families with small children a memorable way to enjoy and experience the parks newest attractions. The Skyspa which features an open-air bath and hot tub is located on the 14th floor and is free for all guests to view the Osaka waterfront. But as far as I know, such events are outside the VIP Experience service. This is the newest official Universal Studios Japan hotel, situated within a minutes walk from the theme park gate. 3. level 1. Easiest way to find would be to use the Booking website and search for Yamanashi and use the filters to show Ryokan only, and those with Hot Spring Bath, then order results by customer highest reviews: https://www.booking.com?aid=1480690, What do you know about the VIP experience at Universal Japan? It's within sight of a major international airport, and it's a showcase for that world-famous incredible Japanese customer service. Park entry tickets are called Studio Passes. Royal studio pass ticket . Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in the city. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN Attractions Show and Attraction Schedule Operation Hours, Schedule Show and attraction temporary closures Apr. Hi Steph, if you buy online in advance then USJ actually recommends printing out your ticket to show when you enter the park. The actual ride itself though, where you are suspended as if riding a broomstick, last around 4 minutes. Most recently opened is the much-anticipated Super Nintendo World. Here's my wife and I during that first visit - with Rocky the Flying Squirrel from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Whenever I travel, I always budget for travel insurance to protect myself. Hi I was eandering if there are mire tickets avilable at the ticket booth then online, I am trying to buy an express ticket for the 23 of march but I am unable to find a page where they have the epress tickets that i want. First, go to the attraction with your Studio Pass (main park ticket). Only buy tickets through official partners. But any more than that and you'll start to struggle to fit them in a single day. If you have the flexibility to spend 2 days there, I think that will give you the most options to get into Super Nintendo World. Rey, is copyrighted and trademarked by HarperCollins Publishing Company and used under license. Ready To Book Your Trip?Check out my Recommended Japan Travel Resources. There are several different Express Passes available. UPDATED! You must call Universal Studios at (818) 622-8477 for price and availability. Yes you can absolutely do that Maricelle. (Ive updated the post. Learn more The tour ends after that ride and you're on your way - roam around HP or go out to use the three express tickets. Beloved characters like Shrek, Hello Kitty, and Spiderman are in attendance, and a spectacular variety of rides, movie simulators, and parades keep all ages entertained. Central city of West Japan; Dotonbori and Shinsaibashii districts are among the most popular spots of Osaka. It's the world's longest flying rollercoaster as riders are suspended and ride face down. A 6 minute walk to the park entrance. Universal Studios JapanAsia's first Universal Studios theme parkis second only to the Tokyo Disney Resort as Japan's most visited amusement park. Explore Nintendo World with Mario & friends! During the main show visitors learn how the pyrotechnic effects were created and experience some of them first hand. Royal studio pass ticket 22,420 ~ 29,620, prices varies for different days. The park is split into 10 themed areas. Without research I cannot say Wendy as Ive never stayed in a ryokan in that area. See my section on theExpress Pass. Adventure and Back To The Future: The Ride. My young family is planning to go to USJ in the last week of April. The Universal Orlando VIP Tour is a private, exclusive experience available to all Universal Studio guests. Opened in March 2001 in the Osaka Bay Area, the theme park occupies an area of 39 hectares and is the most visited amusement park in Japan after Tokyo Disney Resort. Watch my video of Candeo Hotel Osaka Namba HERE. Just the kind of rollercoaster I like, in fact. Located right next to the park, this hotel is just a 2-minute walk from the JR Universal City Station. Are senior tickets available?Senior tickets may be bought directly at the park. Feel free to subscribe for more free content and resources, including my Japan Travel Bulletin newsletter: https://www.therealjapan.com/subscribe/. But my husband and I are going to Japan next week. Heres how you can stay connected while travelling in Japan. I've been to a few - mostly in Europe. Would you recommend going for the Express Pass 7 for Day 1 or save it for Day 2 ? Even if you do catch some rain there are a good number of quality rides and attractions that are inside. It has some of the best theme park rides and attractions anywhere in the world. I was wondering, if you stay in an official universal studios hotel, are you always guaranteed to be able to buy Express Passes? Another great way is to sign up for Scotts Cheap Flights to get notifications of cheap fares, which happens a lot to Japan. Do you know what the current status of the ride is? Child(4-11 years old) 33,200 including tax. Rated 9.0 for a two-person trip, but it's also suitable for families. Read my full review of Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba HERE. FYI, I ended buying my Express Passes from USJ because you can choose from available time allotments for timed entry areas. Hi Wendy I think the VIP Experience is only worth it if you want to guarantee youll get to the front of the queues for the rides and attractions in Super Nintendo World that you really must see. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I help you plan the perfect trip to Japan, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. No, to get the most out of any visit to Universal Studios Japan, you best have a game plan beforehand. However, it quickly descends into an encounter with several of Spider-Man's famous super villain enemies. The VIP Experience is a six-hour guided tour and it's a fun way to spend the day, getting a behind-the-scenes look at how some of your favorite movies and TV shows are made. Some Express Passes also include a timed entry ticket to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to guarantee your entry on the day. The new attraction area brings the world of Nintendo to life, providing a truly immersive and interactive experience. If you're looking for the Timed Entry Pass to Super Nintendo World, then USJ Express Pass 7 is the one to buy. Universal Studio Japan. Also in the official site in the express pass descriptions..the wizarding world its not mentionated anymore..So its true? My gf and I are planning to go to the park on the 15th or 16th of May 2023, I was planning to book Express pass and tickets as soon as the tickets are available on the website, but I have a couple of questions and would love to hear your opinion: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey takes place inside Hogwarts and lasts about 15 minutes once you've walked your way around (passing all the familiar Hogwarts sights and characters along the way). I hope you've found it helpful and interesting? Again, you'll still have to queue, but with more than 1 day, you'll be able to strategically plan your days to minimise the queuing and maximise your ride time. While in the VIP Tour, you get clubbed with other visitors, during a Private VIP Tour, the guide is exclusively for your group. My first trip to Universal Studios Japan in 2002. Meaning once you leave, you cannot go back in. Universal Studios Japan has been awarded the 2022 Travelers' Choice Best of the Best for Top Amusement Parks & Water Parks in Asia! From my understanding, there are 2 types of VIP passes - a Royal Studio pass & a VIP tour pas. Thats great info, thank you so much for all this Rob, really helps! The 31st-floor S-PARK Spa has a sauna, jet bath and hot-spring baths with city views. Please log in again. 1. It also has a 24 hour Lawson convenience store. Thank you! And we want the express pass 7 to be able to get into the nintendo world timed entry. Hi, I will actually go to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? In addition, youll be able to cast spells in certain areas of Hogsmeade for a exciting and interacting experience. Spending too much time in queues can quickly impact on how many things you can experience. Enjoy a exhilarating ride through Hogwarts on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as you encounter dementors, dragons, and more with super realistic images, making it feel as though they are right there with them. Or maybe you just want to hand over the entire trip planning to me? VIP VIP OK2 The area offers numerous attractions, shows, restaurants, and shops all of which will sound familiar to any Harry Potter fan. This service is not available on certain days or at certain hours during the day. DETAILS Be sure to stop by familiar restaurants and shops such as the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, and Zonkos Joke Shop for some sweets and butterbeer. From Namba Station ride the Hanshin Namba Line to Nishikujo, then transfer to JR Yumesaki Line (also known as JR Sakurajima Line) to Universal City Station. Hi Chloe thanks for your question. ), You can find the latest list of show and attraction temporary closures on the official USJ website HERE: https://www.usj.co.jp/web/en/us/park-guide/schedule/attraction-closure. Yes. They offer FREE worldwide shipping & pickup in Japan, English language support, a money back guarantee, and their profits go to charity. Beware the giant, man-eating shark! Theyre a big Singapore company. But, if you do like stomach-churning rollercoasters, Universal Studios Japan has those. Elliot, I saw a temporary notice on the USJ site saying: Express Passes are currently available through February 22, for February 23 and beyond will be available at a later date. Do you think we can buy tickets in Lawson ( if dates are available yet) using non-Japanese issued Credit card? VIP Access to some shows. It is impossible to book this high-end tour online or at the gates. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. You can also check the show schedule in advance on the official Universal Studios Japan website HERE. Yes you don't need an admission ticket if you get a Royal Studio pass but it's not cheaper. Can I resell my ticket?Resale of tickets is strictly prohibited. It features two massive inversions that soar high above the park and runs at a frankly terrifying 100km/h. on January 1! Discover the spectacular movie theme park in Osaka during your Japan vacation. What should I do if I get injured or feel sick?Notify a member of the park's crew or go to the First Aid (on the right as you enter the park). Hey MT glad you liked my guide! Secure your entry with the Area Timed Entry Ticket & Studio Pass combo ticket! Sea Themed Amusement Park located next to Tokyo Disneyland, Interactive Museum on Cup Noodles Where You Can Make Your Original Cup Noodle, Considered one of the best aquariums in Asia, Have a drink while you play games on classic and new game consoles. https://www.klook.com/en-GB/activity/46604-universal-studios-japan-e-ticket-osaka-qr-code-direct-entry/?spm=SearchResult.SearchResult_LIST&clickId=714574c5c2%3Faid%3D3220. Opening in Osaka (Japan's third largest city) in 2001, it's more than double the size of its nearest neighbour Universal Studios Singapore. The kind of rollercoaster where you smile and laugh out loud rather than scream in fear. Rooms are styled with themes such as Forest, Lake and Movie. As the fastest growing theme park at the time of opening, the theme park has and continues to be extremely popular for people of all ages. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing, Inc. All rights reserved.SPYFAMILYFujiko-Pro, Shogakukan, TV-Asahi, Shin-ei,and ADK 2023TM & Universal Studios. If you stay in an official USJ partner hotel you are *NOT* always guaranteed to be able to buy passes. Its filled with carefully selected travel resources. The Studio Pass will get you in and give you access to all the rides and attractions. I personally use Google Flights & Momodo to find affordable flights. I understand that studio pass is only required for children aged 4 and above, can I check if I need to buy express pass for children below 4? Senior 1 day: Y6,575. 3. Universal Studios Japan VIP Special Entry Universal Express Pass Individual travel insurance - sign up Way to go Bus: Buses run every 35-75 minutes from Kansai Airport and every 45 minutes from Itami Airport. It enables guests with children/companions who do not meet an attractions height or other requirements to take turns and enjoy the attraction without waiting in line again. Lets say I have studio pass and express pass. Price: From 15,000 yen (tax included)* Varies depending on admission date and tour. But, yes, you can absolutely try Kkday they are also an official authorised agent for USJ. (Although you will still hear plenty of screams!) If youve no interest in any of the rides but simply want to walk around that area of the theme park and check out the shops and restaurants (recommended!) The Royal Studio Pass used to be the ultimate Universal Studios Japan ticket. The attention to detail in the design and construction of Hogsmeade and especially the breathtaking Hogwarts really has to be seen to be believed. Hello Kitty meets Universal Studios Japan with an exciting attraction and exclusive merchandise. Rides aside, Minion Park is a great place to wander around. However, two new annual passes, Universal Prime Annual Pass Grand Royal and Universal Prime Annual Pass Standard, are now available. 2.) Slip and slide on the Freeze Ray Sliders, and eat all manner of Minion-themed snacks along the way. But be prepared if you plan to visit because. Universal Studios Japan (USJ) in Osaka first opened in 2001 and was the first Universal Studios theme park to be built in Asia. Hi Janet yeah Ive seen that dont know why they do that. Is it worth buying the Express Pass? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. In advance, save yourself time and stress by buying your tickets and Express Pass for Universal Studios Japan. There is free entry to the park for children under 4 years old so, since you wont have to buy a ticket for them, my understanding it that the same applies to the Express Pass. I'm not what you'd call a theme park nut. These special tickets give you quick access to attractions so you can make the most of your time at the park! Go this this page on Klook: Some of the best rides and attractions anywhere in the world. A 1-Day, 1-Park VIP Tour lasts for five hours and includes priority entrance into a minimum of eight major attractions at either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure (you get to choose the park, though your tour guide sets the itinerary). LATEST UPDATE (Jan 2023): I am currently recommending that you buy your tickets from Klook. You order a voucher using the Loppi machine in the Lawson store. Of the official partners, only one (at present): Klook is authorised in all approved countries. Hi Fiqah, the Express Passes are only valid for 1 day (on the date you select when buying), and re-entry is not allowed after you leave the venue. Book Your Japan Rail PassThe best official agent by a country mile is JRPass.com. For an extra cost on top of park admission - which we'll get into later - you'll receive a 5 hour, 1 park or 7 hour, 2 park behind the scenes tour of Universal Studios Orlando. Hi Verne Currently, these can only be bought on the official Universal Studios Japan online ticket store on the Japanese version of the website (Google translated link): https://www-usj-co-jp.translate.goog/ticket/apass/index_new.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp#standard, via the Lawson convenience store ticketing service (website, Loppi at Lawson store), or at a ticket sales booth at the park. Copyright 2014 - 2023 The Real Japan / dsomedia Limited, all rights reserved. *A separate studio pass or annual pass (admission ticket) is required to enter the park. Step 1: Go to the Universal Studios Japan Studio Pass product page on Klook The ticket will cover both the admission fee for USJ and . Handicapped child 1 day: Y2,500. Please read our full disclosure for more details. Most famously, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened in 2014. All rights reserved. Book Your FlightFind the best flight by using Skyscanner. Universal Studios Japan offers a wide range of rides and attractions. Universal Studios Japan (USJ) was the first theme park under the Universal Studios brand to be built in Asia. There are a lot of ticketing options. We suggest contacting Universal Studios Japan to enquire if an English speaking tour guide is available prior to booking. You can see the differences between the 5 different Express Pass 4 on the Klook website here: https://www.klook.com/en-GB/activity/3407-universal-studios-japan-express-pass-osaka/?spm=SearchResult.SearchResult_LIST&clickId=cea3457569%3Faid%3D3220 click on the Package Details link below each version of the Express Pass to see exactly whats included. It first opened in Universal Studios Florida in 1996 and yet it remains one of the best things at the park. It's packed with photo opportunities, play areas, food stalls and the Minion Market Place where you can spend a fortune on Minion and Despicable Me merchandise. Express Pass pricing varies depending on expected crowd levels. Tickets purchased in advance allow direct entry into the park. The price of tickets varies depending on when you attend. Thank you for the reply. Developers teamed up with the key big names to ensure the reality matches their dreams for the park, including Shigeru Miyamoto creator of Mario and Creative Fellow at Nintendo and Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. VIP Access to some shows. And I only include the best travel resources - those I use myself or recommend to my clients. i am looking for 27 dec express pass but its sold out in the website and maybe lawson too . Does the park have Tax Free Shopping?All the shops within the park are tax-free. Ill remove and update links. Adults normal admission + express7 = 7,200 + 6,600 = 13,800. Universal Studios Japan package is perhaps the BEST deal for families who are coming from Tokyo. The park has collaborated in the past with anime production companies and such to bring special limited time attractions/events, making potential future events something to look forward to. The hotel is just over 1 minute walk to the park entrance. Is it only in Japanese? Alternatively, you may use, Super Hotel City Osaka & Natural Hot Springs. Secure your entry with the Area Timed Entry Ticket & Studio Pass combo ticket! Has a Universal Studios Japan store and couples particularly like the location. Hi Rob, whats the difference between USJ Express Pass 4 Limited & Variety and say USJ Express Pass 4 Flying Dinosaur? That first visit was a lot of fun. Save. Facilities at Hotel Kintetsu include a Universal Studios Japan Information Desk, where tickets can be purchased and a Universal Studios Store. I would like to ask another question. Some of the best rides and attractions anywhere in the world then you are free to do so. Not a good idea to hijack but yes you get into the HP without waiting because the tour is scheduled on time, and you get the three express tickets which you can use after the tour. Coincidentally you two are from SG. Overlooking the park's lagoon and where you can experience the realism of Backdraft the movie with powerful explosions and approaching flames! That close, Express Passes could easily be sold out. . Express Passes can only be used to access the Express Pass Lane once per ride. Hi Angela, glad you found the article helpful. USJ will be super busy during Golden Week and getting the exact tickets you want on the day you want may not be possible. By purchasing at the hotel, you can skip the lines and save time. You could try emailing Klook or USJ to double check if youre worried. There are also daily street performances featuring all your favourite characters. Part of the Candeo Hotels Group. Before you order just make sure you know which Express Pass you want and then double check it includes the Area Timed Entry under the Package Options section on the Klook page for the Express Pass click on the link labelled Package Details and that will tell you if the Area Timed Entry is included. Back then the park included the rides E.T. Hi Thais it has always been possible to enter The Wizarding World of Harry Potter area of USJ without an Express Pass. Hotel with a Hollywood art deco exterior. Immerse yourself with thrills the whole family can enjoy at SUPER NINTENDO WORLD! Enjoy direct entry to Universal Studios Japan's 60+ attractions! If you've not yet tried it, I urge you to do so, just in case it gets replaced here too. Thanks for sharing that Elliot. Read from family traveler who bough tix from klook, they were given different timed entry, how can they have good memories if their experiences are not being together? Have someone from your group take the Studio Passes of all the members of your group to the Timed-Entry Ticket booth in Central Park. The entrance to the theme park is less than 5 minutes walk from the station. - For HP, yes and no. Hi Elliot, be aware that NOT all Express Passes include the Area Timed Entry. For the HP ride and one ride during the tour, there's no waiting time. What are the age limits for a child ticket?Yes, children from ages 4-11 require a child ticket to enter the park. Then, if you have the stomach for it, fly over Jurassic Park with your body dangling straight down on the terrifying The Flying Dinosaur ride. You can add on a VIP pass after you purchase a normal admission pass, at 9,900. Express Pass lanes are shorter than regular lines, making each experience even smoother. There are 1 Day, 1.5 Day and 2 Day versions of the Studio Pass. Immerse yourself with thrills the whole family can enjoy at SUPER NINTENDO WORLD! There are two different tours, private and group. Universal Studios Japan has implemented high, middle, and low pricing tier tickets based on peak and off-peak seasons! A handy system allowing you to take turns to enjoy attractions that children cannot ride. Can anyone confirm? If you prefer to stay in the heart of the city, I can personally recommend Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba. Express Passes: essential if you dont like queuing. There is a fee charged for these. Thats not enough to stay connected and share your day with everyone back home to give them FOMO on Instagram. However, I have used the JapanThemeParks app (by kakiflower) to check waiting times at USJ but havent used for a couple of years so uninstalled it. The private tour is the same price for up to five guests, from ~$2,500 to ~$5,000, with a per person charge after five people. Book early as once they sell out there are no more available. Learn more/reserve Express Passes on Klook (You'll need to scroll to the bottom to see other pass options). 1. The build up to the ride itself is great fun as you join a recruitment drive to be transformed into a minion. HERE. Hello. Whereas Express Passes shorten the waiting time for attractions. While you may see similar attractions at USJ such as Jurassic Park, Waterworld, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you can also find unique areas and attractions with characters more recognizable in Japan. Hi, so I want to ask if I enter with just a normal ticket can I go to both Harry porter and Nintendo or I will only be allowed to enter Harry porter world? Youre right, the Shrek 4D ride is currently unavailable and looks to be closed indefinitely. For the Adventurous Palate. By using this site, you agree to be bound by our Terms and conditions and Privacy Policy Youd be better off buying an Express Pass to shorten the wait times for the rides youre most interested in. The world's favourite wizard comes to Japan! Hope that helps. Universal Studios Japan offers 7 official hotels. Scroll down the page a little and it tells you how to book and shows a calendar for upcoming months. Has anyone had any luck finding Express Passes on Klook for end of February or the beginning of March? If not, whats the latest youd recommend booking the tickets? Also, the links to Ratukan go to a website that has no Universal Studios Osaka offerings. If you're not sure which ticket you need to purchase, simply follow this handy guide to help you navigate through the booking process! See more Theyre making a lot of changes to their system lately and tickets keep coming and going. On average Osaka only gets 8 days of rain in May. The Backdraft attraction is a clever way of turning a film into an 'experience'. Universal Prime Annual Pass Standard -Adult(12 years old and over) 20,000 including tax. I understand that for the Express Pass 7, I would need to also purchase the 1 day studio pass, however I do not need a studio pass if i purchase the VIP pass. That Tuesday last May (31st) I was there, it was overcast with light rain at 9am but by 12pm it was bright sunshine and stayed that way for the rest of the day. If there is a circle next to the ticket/pass type that simply means that hotel is authorised to sell those. The tour is presented in Japanese. The worlds first Nintendo themed area opened in February 2021, at a cost of more than 50 Billion Yen. Duration: 25 minutesCost: 360 yenFrequency: about every 15 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket booths at the entrance to the park, but you'll almost certainly have to queue for those. We all know the worst thing about theme parks is the queues for the rides. Here are the basic admission prices for the park: Adult 1 day/2day: Y7,315/Y12,408. When you go be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below. Dont push your patience to its limits, jump to the front of the lines with an Express Pass. Only a 4-minute walk to the park, Hotel Universal Port offers private parking for guests. The show, and the heat generated by the huge fires created in front of you, are impressive. There's no need to exchange for a Studio Pass at the ticket booths. & Universal Studios Amblin Entertainment & Universal Studios.