I'll be sure to leave another review once our event is over, but so far I have nothing but great things to say about the Athenaeum! She's been really helpful with recommending vendors, day of timeline, and pretty much anything else wedding related! Caley and Ben's vision of a timeless, outdoor affair was beautifully planned by Honeyfitz Events, and Little Hill Designs made sure . I thought it was rude and unprofessional. Our elegant 3-room Bridal Suite with natural light coming through several windows is the perfect place for the bride with plenty of room for all the bridal party and its own private bathroom. They take care of everything for you and it was so nice to have food/alcohol/decor all from one place. Everything turned out perfectly!! To help you and your soon-to-be spouse plan ahead, here are the national average wedding expenses for services in 2023, based on a total budget of around $29,000: Wedding venue: $6,500-$12,000. It was perfect. Our friends and family can't stop telling us what an amazing time they had. I'm so excited to be using The Athenaeum for our wedding!! OU OH YEAH! At this point, we did not care and it was over, but to look over and see she completely ditched her job and not assist at the end our wedding shows a lot about character and integrity. The Olympian Ballroom was absolutely beautiful on the wedding day. I cannot thank Gina and the staff at The Athenaeum enough for creating the perfect ceremony and reception for our special day! process. Its also really nice that the linens etc. Our friends and family keep talking about how wonderful and fun the wedding was, and we have The Athenaeum to thank!! The Athenaeum caters events in the private dining rooms on weekdays, weekends, and some holidays. Lois was amazing at getting everything planned for us and the food and service at the reception were wonderful. In the intimate photos, the 26-year-old Olympic gymnast wore a four-tiered Selfie Leslie dress as she celebrated her courthouse wedding with the 27-year-old NFL player. We probably saw her 1-2 times during the afternoon at the reception, and not existent for the end of it. I couldn't has asked for a better wedding, and the Columbus Athenaeum made it happen! It wasn't the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but with what we got, it was definitely money well spent!! They staff and especially Gina went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was exactly what we envisioned! Jennifer and the staff decorated the Large Theatre beautifully! Leading into the wedding weekend the entire staff was incredibly helpful - they really do take most of the work out of your hands. You and your guests can enjoy a special art exhibit amidst one of the few remaining examples of neo-classical Greek Revival architecture in Alexandria. As it turns out, Biles purchased the Selfie Leslie dress this April, as well as the wide-fit strappy sandals from Pretty Little Thing that she wore in her rooftop . We had both our ceremony and reception in the Small Theater - it was beautiful! It was an old world style venue that wasn't cookie cutter. My guest are still raving about the amazing food and beauty of The Columbus Athenaeum. I could go on forever, but will end saying I would recommend TCA to any bride, you will not be disappointed!! and and I were taken care of but all guests in attendance. I can not say enough about the Columbus Athenaeum- what an exceptional venue! My husband and I were even given the chance to get a sneak peek at our rehearsal of the Oak Room. We received RAVE REVIEWS about the food and pie from our guests (get the brisket!). This venue is amazing. Neither my husband nor I were very creative when it came to choosing a look for our wedding. A fabulous time was had by all as reported by several of our guests!! When searching for a venue, this one ended up being the most affordable & we are so glad we picked it. I am very thankful for how amazing job the Athenaeum staff did. and everyone had a blast at our wedding and reception! I think I have to first public thank Jackie for making sure every detail of my wedding ran smoothly. The cake was delicious, the DJ kept the party going, and the photobooth attendant was so helpful and kind! It was just odd that there was no communication or explanation as to why they sudden switch. While the venue is beautiful, the price was not worth the services we received. And thank you again to Gina for helping me coordinate such a perfect day! understanding when we had to postpone our wedding twice due to COVID. An art gallery was added in 1827, and the library began a series of yearly . This venue is GORGEOUS!! 2- A bridesmaid was helping clean up (we were out by 11:30 pm) and she had placed her personal belongings and bag on a table by the door for easy access. We were married close by at St Johns The baptist church, room block at the renaissance and rehearsal dinner at due amici- our guests loved that everything was close! We were married in the Macedonian room and then had our reception in the large theatre. As a bridesmaid, the wedding planner the bride was assigned was very nice and helpful during the ceremony. That's great that you have that experience and one of the reasons I chose the venue. Ultimately, though, these situations were minor in the grand scheme of the Big Day, which was just about perfect in all of the other ways. Jackie very helpful and understanding when we were indecisive about our food options. Everything went so smoothly at our reception the staff really did an amazing job of making our day perfect! All the staff are very professional, everything was just as we planned it. The cake was delicious, and so was the food! I know I will highly recommend TCA to any bride, and I know if we ever need a space (large or small) for a company function or other event, we'll definitely consider TCA. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES, SPECIAL EVENTS. food was, and how beautiful the Large Theater was for both our ceremony and reception. I had guests coming up to me during the reception and comment Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. She always gave us peace of mind throughout the entire process and quickly answered e-mails and calls whenever we had a random question! To help you visualize our historic building, check out this panoramic tour by Mark Roessler. All-inclusive packages include tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, and more. None of the above kept us from enjoying our day! It was affordable compared to many other venues I saw, but included way more for the money than I expected, and it was BEAUTIFUL. We were married in the beautiful Priory and had our reception in the Hellenic room. The food was wonderful, not to mention the great bartender. by 11:30 pm or else we would be charged $100 for every 15 minutes you go over (which I think is absolutely ridiculous). We love TCA! (reasonable) - I got lectured about how I didn't want to be that girl at the wedding. The food and cake were delicious. he vendors drop offs went smoothly. We were able to make it out by 11:20 pm, but that wasnt the type of stress I wanted at the end of my wedding day! Its been two weeks and we havent been able t We had our reception at TCA in the Small Theatre on 11/4/17. It was gorgeous and the food was delicious. It was elegant and gilded and luxurious looking and perfectly matched the feel I was looking for. When it came time to tie the knot on Saturday, Sofia descended the aisle arm-in-arm with Lionel for her evening ceremonya seven-and-a-half minute walk down the venue's regal grand alle . Save. We were able to bring all our decor items down for setup the week of, which was very helpful! It was simply amazing. at the time she struck the golf cart. Address: 4643 Trueman Blvd, Hilliard, OH 43026 Phone: (614) 876-2200 Guest Capacity: Seating for up to 225 guests This historic building is a beautiful setting for any event. I was looking for the Vintage/Rustic feel and this venue gave me just that! but in fairness, they tell you about it all up front. It was also nice to be near to other fun places so that out of town guests had places to see/things to do if they arrived the day before/early/stayed after. During the spring and fall months, the Athenaeum Hotel acts as a host to well-organized conferences, beautiful weddings, and special events, as well as offering accommodations to those who want to take advantage of the beautiful grounds of Chautauqua Institution in the spring and fall. They are efficient, affordable, flexible, friendly, helpful and on the day of the event were extremely attentive. We had our reception in the Large Theater- and I have never seen anything so unique and beautiful for a wedding! !, Spanakopita, Anti-Pasta platter options, and Bacon-wrapped Water Chestnuts) were waiting for us at our spots (which TCA told us they do for the Bride and Groom). I love them for making our wedding day perfect!! Later, another bridesmaid ordered a double and she received the response "It's only 9:30" and was given a barely alcoholic beverage instead. The whole Athenaeum staff was amazing and my wedding was everything I wanted and more. The Columbus Athenaeum is a historic venue located in Columbus, OH. To help you figure out how much you . The Columbus Athenaeum was the perfect venue for my husband and I. During the first food tasting, my fiance and I werent completely satisfied with the options that were given to us. We were finally able to hold our reception at The Columbus Athenaeum on June 26, 2021 in the Large Theatre. The staff did their job seamlessly and we hardly knew they were there as they went about their work but responded quickly with any request. Not living in columbus while planning the wedding but Gina was super responsive to all emails and very accommodating. I even requested a childrens meal to be delivered to the groom (because hes obsessed with chicken tenders) and they pulled it off. They kept thousands! I cannot say enough good things about Gina and her staff! It was condescending and I got a good mansplaining for five minutes how i needed to watch my drinking for the evening. She accommodated every single requ My husband and I got married at the Athenaeum on April 27th, and all I can say was that it was magical! Jackie was our venue coordinator and made wedding planning such a breeze! and I was told that if I didn't make pay our account in full on the same day they wouldn't be able to place our order and we could be responsible for "rush" fees. We were married in the Priory and had our reception in the Small Theater. They do have rules and the price is not the cheapest, but it is absolutely a value for what you get- a beautiful, perfect day. nsplants, too. DB Studio Crepe Tank Sheath Wedding Dress With Ruffle Skirt$200. We never had an issue, but only because we always asked Ann about dcor, our cookie table, flowers, etc. We held our ceremony in the priory room, and our reception in the athenian. She was very personal, organized, and accommodating. as a customer, I decided to write this review. tor, Gina, to handle all the little details. She was also a great partner on helping us when we really didn't have a plan (i/e how much alcohol to purchase, food choices). You will not be disappointed by this venue! It's also a great location, right downtown and easy to find, with a parking garage nearby. Overall, I would still recommend this venue but just think there is room for improvement when it comes to communication. Renting the Athenaeum The Athenaeum is a dramatic and memorable site for wedding ceremonies, receptions, parties, and seminars. She was there with me the day of our wedding and was really fantastic. Do not think that good value means that you will not receive good servicein fact, it was excellent! Gina pulled together everything I asked for. We did the buffet and everything was sook beautiful. Both rooms were beautiful and the changing rooms and Gina & her staff went above and beyond the day of our wedding. Another recommendation: spend a little extra for the photo booth! We were living out of town during the engagement so I was a little nervous to plan an out of town wedding, but Jackie (my coordinator) made everything so easy! We were married in the Priory and had our reception in the Small Theatre. The staff at the Athenaeum is incredibly helpful and made the process so easy (Jackie is amazing)! We felt during the latter part of the planning process and finalizing things she was almost too busy to help and rushed things along without really caring. This is necessary to keep things running smoothly for your event, as well as the others going on at the same time. Everything was absolutely beautiful, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. If we had one complaint it was that the night went too quickly! for a comfy spot to open gifts and chat. Suitable for wedding ceremonies and receptions, this venue is in the heart of downtown Columbus near various 4-star hotels and two international airports. The entire day went flawlessly. David's Bridal runs the gamut, so you'll find prices as low as $70 on sale and as high as $1,500, but there are tons of options under the $200 mark. Wonderful venue!! That is quite a feat. The ballroom was perfect for our size wedding (about 300 guests), had a beautiful balcony, and plenty of space for everyone including dancing, mingling, and games (handstand contest, limbo, engaged bouquet challenge, and 1 min squats)! We had a phenomenal wedding at an affordable price in a historic and beautiful location! I wouldn't have had my wedding any other way. She was a pleasure to work with! Jackie and her team took our vision and brought it to life. You will not be disappointed! When I looked at my watch with the last load it said 11:28. When we checked out the venue in person, we were sold. places we had initially looked at for our reception. We ended up choosing the second most expensive buffet option because the prime rib and mashed potato martinis were must-haves. They took care of us and our guests! By the end of all this, we felt like they were family. Highly recommended! Jackie was our coordinator, and she was responsive and helpful at all times. Olive tree-lined walkways, Mediterranean architecture, and cascading greenery made for one swoon-worthy wedding at the historic Caltech Athenaeum in Pasadena. The food was amazing . Scheduling of appointments was a bit of a pain -- we were able to make it work, but my husband had to take time off of work to be able to meet with them during their business hours. n if that meant TCA lost a few hundred dollars). Opera Home CHQ Assembly 2023 Season Sweeney Todd La Tragdie de Carmen 2023 Young Artists 2023 Festival & Guest Artists 2023 Directors & Designers 2023 Opera Conservatory About We couldnt be happier! The staff was organized and took all of the stress out of the small details of planning, and had everything covered for us. My husband and I went back to TCA after the wedding just to say 'goodbye'. We also used a florist from TCA recommended florist list. The evening was incredible. I highly recommend this venue! It's a pretty venue with great food, but I don't think for the thousands of dollars we spent the service was what it should have been & staff was not up to par and my husband and I should not have had to lift a finger for the $$ spent. Then, as we were chatting afterwards, the colleague of hers was very short with guests, and family that we had to go and turned off lights. With exceptional service, unique options, and beautiful locations, any wedding, rehearsal dinner, shower, banquet or conference is simply enchanting at the Athenaeum Hotel. and speak to someone else and they would have no idea what I'm talking about or contradict what I was told by my coordinator. She made sure every little detail was in place and everything was perfect. They had all the decorations I could want, such as isle runner, flower petals, pillars, candles, string lights, and even an arch to hang flowers on (all for free!) We didnt like the rule about the unopened spirits, but they said the Ohio liquor laws do not permit them to let you take it. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding! Gina was a great, down-to-earth resource who guided us through the numerous decisions to be made. y it! Make a delightful entrance at your wedding from our gorgeous formal staircase. inclusive venue! ated information, and our reception ran so smoothly thanks to them! Constructed in 1896 and beautifully restored, The Columbus Athenaeum has a dozen distinct spaces for intimate and large celebrations. They have a great selection of items and they do not charge to use them. One of our friends who is a very picky eater couldnt wait to tell us she loved everything! I wrote this off and just asked the lady for a different drink instead and figured that'd be the end. Everything ran smoothly and looked beautiful! helpful and attentive to the numerous emails and questions I had as we navigated through planning a pandemic wedding. Guests LOVED the food and they also liked that the dance floor was on stage. The antique architecture, affordable prices, and wide range of selections for decor, food, vendors, etc is incredible. We still went to the tasting, which was very helpful in our food selections. Well, at the exit of our reception, we cannot find her and find where we were supposed to go to leave. She was patient with us through all of our changes. Both are so wonderful to work with all our guest loved them . ptional. Her staff was great as well, and very helpful in the setup and break down of the wedding. Compared to other vendors, it was incredibly affordable and we did not have to sacrifice the quality. l staff and venue takes care of most everything. You may also contact us via email at athevents@caltech.edu. Our reception was absolutely stunning our guests could not stop telling us how beautiful the ballroom looked! Both spaces were absolutely stunning. We live two hours away and loved that we had a coordina We worked with Gina for our wedding and she was great! I had my bridal shower here last weekend (in the Hellenic Room), and it was amazing. She was patient and responsive with our questions and was flexible to our ideas. All the people working the ve We had our wedding and reception in the Ballroom in September 2020, during COVID, and it was a great experience. She handled the behind the scenes with grace, instructed us with everything we needed and even helped me pull off a huge surprise right in the middle of the reception - a performance by our alumnis marching band! They made the booking process so easy, and I really like that they take care of everything in terms of food, linens, alcohol, and we even get someone to help us throughout the planning Our wedding took place in the Large Theatre. You are the best! Photographer: $3,500-$6,500. Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony, Bar & Drinks, Cakes & Desserts, Cupcakes, Other Desserts, Food & Catering, Planning, Service Staff. To-be-weds can feel assured that everything they need for their dream wedding is included in their chosen event package, such as tables and chairs, luxurious linens, and a variety of elegant decor. They even had an in house florist I could use, Tracie, who did an AMAZING job. We had several people comment that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. We worked with Danielle and she made Gina, For our event, we worked with Jackie who was outstanding!!! I think too because they do so many weddings that they forget that for most people, this is their first one and forget to communicate some details and instructions. The Athenaeum worked great with all our vendors which contributed to the great day. The prices were fair, especially for the quality of service and product, and the food was amazing. We were so lucky our original venue closed because nothing could ever compare to the reception we had at the Athenaeum! They were so easy to work with, and so professional, it made planning the wedding a breeze. There was hardly any communication between the employees when it came to questions I had about my wedding. I am so glad that my coworker recommended that I book the Athenaeum for my wedding. Ive received rave reviews on the food and I agree! In what some have already dubbed this year's royal wedding, Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge exchanged vows at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes on Saturday . We had a lot of people coming from out o Danielle and the rest of the staff at the Athenaeum were fantastic during the planning period! They were all super impressed with the food and many said it was the best wedding food they had ever had (some professional chefs included). All I can say is that this venue is amazingly beautiful, stunning, and a lot of fun! s quite the opposite. Ask these questions and confirm this upfront before you sign the dotted line to ensure your day goes swimmingly. Your product is great at the Athenaeum (the vendors, the venue it's all beautiful) but it was Jackie and Gina who we bought into. Planning:We actually started our experience at the Athenaeum with another planner who is no longer with the venue. The new coordinator was good. Also, while I am certain any coordinator on staff would have been capable, I worked with Gina and she was AMAZING, so helpful and professional, with great tips and recommendations- she really made what could have been a pressured and stressful process seem easy and fun, and I cannot speak highly enough of her service. The staff was incredible and helped answer all of our questions. Please see our, Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. There was not one thing that I had to worry about the entire night. We left feeling full, relieved, and with brand new selections for our wedding menu. We HIGHLY recommend the CA for any event and would use them again in the future. 47 reviews #64 of 388 Restaurants in Pasadena $$$$ American Vegetarian Friendly Gluten Free Options. Difficult to fully appreciate, this venue is akin to being plucked from the present and transported within a moving fresco, from the classical art of ancient Greece to medieval mosaics. The whole team went above and beyond and I cant even think of anything that went wrong. It was truly everything I could have wanted! We've received so many complements on the room, the food, the decor, etc. Like I said: Amazing! The service staff were wonderful too! am made sure all of my requests were executed perfectly and our wedding day was seamless. Everything was perfect the day of and the coordinators at The Athenaeum were very helpful throughout the day! God Bless you all! I got so many compliments from guests about how gorgeous and elegant the venue was, how delicious the food was, etc. The room was beautiful, and I loved that the food was in one area (not seen in the main area where we ate) and that there was a separate area for cocktail hour. Considering how much the venue does for you, the price was more than reasonable. We appreciate more than words can express how wonderful and memorable this day was made by all that you did!! We are so terribly happy we chose the Athenaeum. But I give it a 4 star rating because I think there is room for improvement. The staff was very professional and Gina did an outstanding job making all of my visions come to life with how I wanted our wedding & reception to be. The ballroom itself is beautiful so you really don't need a lot of extra decor, but they still have a lot of options to choose from. It worked perfectly. The staff, Gina and Colby, are just the kindest, most amazing humans. They did not follow through on things they promised, lost the cake, did not provide the correct alcohol, etc. Well that is fine if you think that but you should never say that to a client. al. The food was amazing! They more than exceeded our expectations! We had some special decorations to honor our loved ones who are no longer with us, and they placed those decorations with special care and attention. Guest danced until the very last song. Would recommend this venue to anyone in their wedding planning process! 1 - the most judgey bartender I have ever had the pleasure of trying to order from works here. Overall, we were very happy and would definitely recommend TCA! The facility was perfect for our group and it looked magnificent. It was great to have everything in one place - food, alcohol, linens, centerpieces, etc. She had some really great ideas and we couldnt have been happier with how everything looked. Thank you all so much for making my daughter and her new husbands wedding so wonderful and memorable. The Priory was beautiful for our ceremony and the Small Theater was perfect for our guest size. The average ceremony and reception reached $30,000 in 2022, according to a survey from the wedding planning site The Knot. The food was great - highly recommend the mashed potato martinis! She was organized, friendly, flexible, and accommodating, and even helped my parents pull off an outrageous surprise during our reception. You will also be given a designated time block for your rehearsal. One of the many awesome things about the Athenaeum is its a one-stop-shop for many wedding essentials, including food, linens, table & ceremony dcor and alcohol. The food was fantastic and everyone raved about the meatballs. They found their own parking so our advice would be to forego a contract with the parking garage and, instead, use that money towards upgrading your package to include the mashed potato martini bar! The food was very good; guests raved about the meatballs and goat cheese & honey filo dough for hor devours and the prime ri We LOVED working with The Columbus Athenaeum for our wedding this fall! does stripes sell vape pens, lakes funeral home berea kentucky obituaries, hindrances to moving from glory to glory,