V: In the name of God the Father + almighty, who made heaven and earth, the seas and all that is in them, I exorcise these medals against the power and attacks of the evil one. This we ask through Christ our Lord. We strive to be your preferred supplier of Catholic Gifts for you, your family & your friends. Choose a Size: Required .375 .625 .875 1.50. On the face of the medal is the image of Saint Benedict. As an Abbot in the monastery, St Benedict told the monks that they have fallen away from the true part of holiness and he would urge them to greater peity and asceticism. Continue with Recommended Cookies, Read, learn, live and stand as a Catholic. I am eager to have it blessed tomorrow and wear it immediately. ), St. Catherine Labours miraculous medal must be the most famous of sacramental medals. Nunquam draco sit mihi dux! The Sisters of Carmel are models of that calling., I have received my orders from you and again want to thank you for them. be automatically applied order subtotals of His problems are the direct result of his deep seated contempt for God and years of indulgence in grave sin. The medal is not a talisman and doesnt have power on its own. In St. Benedicts left hand is hisRule for Monasteries that could well be summed up in the words of the Prolog exhorting us to walk in Gods ways, with the Gospel as our guide. On a pedestal to the right of St. Benedict is the poisoned cup, shattered when he made the sign of the cross over it. Again, the manner you package the crucifix, the enclosures contained within, and the quality of craftmanship itself has totally exceeded my expectations., I recently purchased a cord rosary from the Sisters of Carmel. I will definitely be using your wonderful service for most of my devotional needs! I pledge myself to do your will in all things: To love the Lord God with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength. The St. Benedict Medal is one of the most popular religious medals. You do such magnificent work, the chaplets are amazing! These sacramentals recall the mysteries of the Catholic faith, and some are set aside as badges of pious associations, such as a religious congregation, to consecrate and protect the wearer. The Saint Benedict Medal is a powerful sacramental that can be used to protect you and your loved ones from harm. I told him it had been made with loving hands by the Sisters of Carmel. Just like other sacramental, the medal is means of reminding one of God and encouraging one to serve God. It is so beautiful. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. From the writings of St. Gregory the Great (540-604), we know that St. Benedict had a deep faith in the Cross and worked miracles with the sign of the cross. Only then can one benefit from the special blessings and exorcisms bestowed to the medal by the Church. But St Benedict mystically warned about the treachery, made sign of the cross over the wine and the cup shattered. One such . Truly the BEST on-line selection of sacramentals. You are permitted to place it at the foundation of your building. Amen. The medal is a prayer of exorcism against Satan, a prayer for strength in time of temptation, a prayer for peace among ourselves and among the nations of the world, a prayer that the Cross of Christ be our light and guide, a prayer of firm rejection of all that is evil, a prayer of petition that we may with Christian courage walk in Gods ways, with the Gospel as our guide, as St. Benedict urges us. Thank you. The purpose of the medal in any of the above ways is to call down Gods blessing and protection upon us, wherever we are, and upon our homes and possessions, especially through the intercession of St. Benedict. Hell is real and the hatred that demons have for souls is indescribable. At some point in history, a series of capital letters was placed around the large figure of the cross on the reverse side of the medal. We are faced with evil and temptation. His triumph over Satan's wiles is the origin of the power that lies behind the medal named for him. $75 or more. I could have gone locally to purchase one, but I truly appreciate your craftsmanship and customer service., This is the most beautiful rosary I have ever seen crafted. I will kiss it every day. Prayers for the intercession of St. Benedict to use with your medal. From the writings of St. Gregory the Great (540-604), we know that St. Benedict had a deep faith in the Cross and worked miracles with the sign of the cross. I ordered another one for myself and it arrived today. The ceramic ornaments are lovely, and I cant wait to add them to my Christmas tree this year. I kept silently invoking the Holy Mother of God, "Holy Mother of God, help me." Please see It is named after Saint Benedict of Nursia, the founder of the Benedictine Order of monks. They are sacramentals, which are "sacred signs instituted by the Church to prepare us to receive the fruit of the sacraments and to sanctify different circumstances of our lives" (CCC, 1677). While praying one day, Saint Benedict saw in a vision the death of his sister and her soul rising toward Heaven in the form of a dove. She said she woke up and saw an old lady in her room. A prayer that the cross of Christ guide us and be our light. It is exactly how I envisioned it and the size is perfect. I started praying the Hail Mary when at the same time I could hear an unnatural voice coming from upstairs. There is no special way prescribed for carrying or wearing the Medal of St. Benedict. Stainless Steel Endless Neck Chain - 30". Prior Boniface was a native of Baltimore and originally a monk of St. Vincent Archabbey, Latrobe, Pennsylvania, until he was chosen to become prior and latter archabbot of Montecassino. I admire the wonderful work you are doing towards the restoration of Holy Church and Her glorious traditions., Out of all of the on-line religious goods stores I've found, the articles on your website are all quality without the kitsch. Thus it is well known for its power against the evil spirit, temptations, and its efficacy in healing mental and bodily sufferings. Sunt mala quae libas. Whether you are facing a specific challenge or simply seeking protection from harm, the Saint Benedict Medal can be a powerful ally. The manuscript was writing in the year 1415 and contain picture of St. Benedict holding in one hand a staff which ends in a cross, and a scroll in the other. FRONT OF THE MEDAL Not to covet. St Benedict lived his whole life serving God and calling others to join him in serving the Lord. Differences and Similarities between Exorcism and Deliverance. Since that time, the Jubilee Medal of 1880 has proven to be more popular throughout the Christian world than any other medal ever struck to honor St. Benedict. The English also may be used and follows the Latin given below. St. Benedict stayed strong in spite of his trials. The ordering, shipping, and packaging of their products is top notch. On the margin of the medal, encircling the figure of Benedict, are the Latin words: Eius in obitu nostro praesentia muniamur! You were also right about the beads; the color is exceptional! I love it. Michael Dimond and Bro. We examine the action of the holiest saints and we wonder how we could ever compare. He was a man of strength, conviction, and courage. -Do I have to be Catholic to wear the Saint Benedict Medal? The Items I have purchased over the years are always of superb quality and workmanship. It is not known just when the first medal of St. Benedict was struck. The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and follow the true King, Christ our Lord, and thus learn to share in his heavenly kingdom, as St. Benedict urges us in the Prolog of his Rule. shipping page for more information. Manage Settings The St. Benedict medal is one of the most popular among Catholics, and there are many indulgences associated with this medal. Additionally, the medal can be a source of strength and comfort in times of trouble. He lived in a cage and survived under the care of a monk known as Romanus. Around the margin of the back of the medal, the letters V R S N S M V S M Q L I V B are the initial letters, as mentioned above, of a Latin prayer of exorcism against Satan: Vade retro Satana! I just wanted to thank you for the exceptional care you took in packing/shipping the books and other items in my order. Its the little extra touches like this that go a long way with the customer and lets them know how much you value their business., I received my sterling silver Pardon Crucifix yesterday. Everything was packaged and presented with such care and finesse. Through the cross of Jesus Christ, I ask you to please intercede that God might protect me, my loved ones, my home, property, possessions, and workplace today and always by your holy blessing, that we may never be separated from Jesus, Mary, and the company of all the blessed. Wearing it is a way to remind ourselves of our life in Christ and the promises of heaven. Saint Benedict became known for his power over the Devil, with the Holy Cross as his efficacious instrument to make the Devil flee. After reading Steve's email and recounting my own experience, I now have a better understanding and appreciation for the power of sacramentals - the St. Benedict medal and the Brown Scapular in particular - they are efficacious protections against evil spirits. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and follow the true King, Christ our Lord, and thus learn to share in his heavenly kingdom, as St. Benedict urges us in the Prologue of his Rule.". The design of this medal was produced at St. Martin's Archabbey, Beuron, Germany, at the request of the prior of Montecassino, Very Rev. The graces and favors bestowed are the fruit of the faith in Christ Crucified, of (in this case) the powerful intercession of St. Benedict and of the blessings which Holy Church gives to the medal and those who wear it. It is wonderful to find a place where I can go and know that I will receive quality, not only of merchandise, but of faith. Almighty God, the boundless source of all good things, we humbly ask that, through the intercession of Saint Benedict, you pour out your blessings + upon these medals. What disturbed me the most was the stiffness of his entire body and particularly his hands, which I don't think I can sufficiently describe. Drink the poison yourself!). Sincerely in Jesus through His most holy Mother Mary. Response: Who made heaven and earth. Sadly, it was in the following days that my sister would become convinced through another sister and maybe others as well, that my brother-in-law was not possessed but that it was the side effect of medication. legend in 6 lines in oak wreath, FR NITFULL VRD OM STOCKHOLM 1791. By a decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites (6 March 1959), the Blessing of Saint Maur over the sick is permitted to be given with a Medal of St. Benedict instead of with a relic of the True Cross, since the latter is difficult to obtain. He then went back into his solitude for a short period of time. which means Begone Satan! The exact origins of the St. Benedict medal are uncertain, although it is said that the first medal was worn by the 11th century Pope, Leo IX, who attributed his miraculous recovery from a snake bite to it. I also want to thank you for the books you carry. Never tempt me with your vanities! He conspired to kill St Benedict by sending poisoned loaf of bread to him. Your email address will not be published. Never tempt me with your vanities! Salve Maria!To help us in our spiritual battles against the world, the devil, and the flesh, the Catholic Church has given us several sacramentals. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. For a long time the meaning of these letters was unknown, but in 1647 a manuscript dating back to 1415 was found at the Abbey of Metten in Bavaria, giving an explanation of the letters. The gold plating is attractive, and the blue and red enameling complements it well. The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and "follow the true King, Christ our Lord," and thus learn "to share in his heavenly kingdom," as St. Benedict urges us in the Prolog of his Rule. In the angles of the cross, the letters C S P B stand for Crux Sancti Patris Benedicti (The cross of our holy father Benedict). There is no special way prescribed for carrying or wearing the Medal of St. Benedict. Blessed by Pope Francis toexpel negativityfrom your environment and home, A collection of Relics from our Saints : the spirit of Rome. Always such high quality and a joy for all that I give them to. This is the medal struck to commemorate the 1400th anniversary of the birth of Saint Benedict. Infographic: The Significance Of The Liturgical Colors, The Rule Of St. Benedict: 7 Radical Values Of Catholic Monasticism, How the Good Shepherd Teaches Us to Face Our Fears and Find Protection (Gospel Reflection), The Light Of Bethlehem Has Never Been Extinguished | Pope Benedict XVI, Best Of Catholic-Link.org | Our Most Popular Catholic Resources And Articles, The Importance Of Learning To Recognize The Voice Of Those You Love, What Should You Do If Youve Committed A Mortal Sin, The Power Of A Shared Meal: Faith And Family Come Together When We Break Bread, Books | Our Favorite Catholic Books To Read, Disagree With Your Priest? St. Benedict on the Front of the Medal On the front of the medal, we see St. Benedict holding the Rule of St. Benedict in his left hand and the cross of St. Benedict. It is also used for obtaining the conversion of sinners, help for women during childbirth, the strengthening of faith, perseverance in the virtue of purity, protection during storms, the curing of diseases, and the grace of a happy death. Saint Benedicts twin sister, Saint Scholastica, founded an order for nuns based on the same rule of life. Stainless Steel Endless Neck Chain - 27". formula.