30-35$ max. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. 7 Piece, 8' 6&Quot; Im6 Graphite Fly Rod With Rigid Case. Hard to find this type of reel today, good quality and simple design; works great for my application. Line Class You must log in or register to reply here. Thanks to Classicflyrodforum, I found this thread and instructions on how to reverse to LHW. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's dispatch time, origin postcode, destination postcode and time of acceptance, and will depend on the postage service selected and receipt of cleared payment. . Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests. . On-way drag lets you easily wind regardless of drag setting. Master Guide. Egara long sleeve, button down men's shirt, size 3XLT (#304836294686) See all feedback. Past month; Awesome. That red color is distinctive and the cool factor is also there. Since then it's been sitting in a box with a bunch of other . Learn more. The line can not get stuck in between the reel and the frame. The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history. purchase: SOUTH BEND 1144 FJORD Omori factory? This is correct in fly line length and leader. Full Cork Handle. South Bend Finalist 1122 fly reel 31/4" | The Reel Creel South Bend 1122 Finalist on white spool retainer. Yes, at that price I'm better off fishing the reel and using the box for nuts and bolts. EastslopesTH. 0 bids. 3.00, 5.00 I looked through the factory specs and a Lamson lp light was going to work perfectly. C $29.84. It calls for 6 or 7 wt lines, but I found the rod a good solid 5 wt. I have a Kalamazoo Medalist from that era. It would have been a utility item commonly available at hardware store sporting goods counters and discount houses. Location: Yorktown Heights, United States. Top . Thank you all for posting! To view the Rod & Reel Exchange simply click on the enter button below. The rod tube is perfect for travel. Reel measures approx. Past month; Awesome. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Reel case, backing, fly line and leader included. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Joined: 04/12/07 23:00. by hopkintoncane 04/17/08 10:39, Post 1 bid. Get the best deal for South Bend Vintage Fly Fishing Reels from the largest online selection at eBay.ca. Shipping. I know its probably not worth a lot given its marque and size, but it does look good on a 9 foot bass weight rod, and it's very smooth and in good condition. I'm unsure of the age of this reel. silly me, I thought necessity was having several reel choices for each rod. Vintage NIB 1960 South Bend Finalist 1133 Fly reel. by Webfly 02/11/17 17:15, Post Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2014. Reel weighs approx. Fly Reels South Bends Finalist 1122. I have recently begun to consider rejuvenating my equipment and was looking on the net for information on care of the reel. Vintage South Bend Finalist - 1122 Fly Fishing Reel Nice Shape. by flyfishermann1955 07/22/10 13:34, Post As a fishing tool, your reel is worth about $20-ish, because it has a line on it. I would say fish it. $ 50.00. Any advice would be appreciated. by flyfishermann1955 08/07/10 15:56, Post No markings other that South Bend 1144 Finalist on white plastic spool cap, white handle. Tomorrow afternoon I'll do some lawn casting and check out what should be a great Heavy Trout-Bass combo. South Bend Finalist Fly Rod 8.5 Ft [wpramaprice asin="B000ZKR47C"] See Description South Bend Finalist Fly Rod 8.5 Ft A Fly Rod For The Backpacker. 7438 Keenansville Rd. and simple design; works great for my application. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. Package dimension : 15.494 cm x 9.906 cm x 6.35 cm. Fly Reel never used Southbend fly reel. It is hard for me to believe that they sell for such low prices, but most of them i have seen for sale are pretty beat up. Reviewed in the United States on April 4, 2016, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. South Bend Finalist No. 2d 1h 43m 58s. I'd fish it, they go great with SB rods and are a good weight for balance with bamboo. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Some of these probably require some explanation. I'm with Bob - never seen it, but would like to That's exactly what it had to look like if it existed. I'd fish it, they go great with SB rods and are a good weight for balance with bamboo. Browse our daily deals for even more savings! The South Bend Ready2Fish series delivers the best solutions for anglers that are new to the sport. The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history. This has a design for smooth immediate drag engagement, accurate click drag and silent retrieve. Quick change spool and b2 backing channel. 70 Reward Points. This works well and effectively, plus it is easy to setup l/r hand crank. South Bend Finalist Fly reel 1122 | Sporting Goods, Fishing, Vintage Fishing | eBay! 1970's South Bend 1122 Finalist Fly Reel in Good- Condition, If you are looking for that vintage vibe they are a very nice fly reel. nayls: Post . by jim royston 02/12/17 17:38, Post Falcon of Redditch 'The Merlin' 7' 4wt Cane Fly Rod Now to attempt the same procedure on this strangely similar black version reel. by FrankStevens 07/16/10 14:55, Post It functions just fine and is of the simple click and pawl function. Back to home page Return to top. Was satisfied to find one for purchase, and really grateful for the directions on reversing the drag. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Plus the drag ring has no LH cuts on the other side. LINE WEIGHT 3|4 WEIGHT (OZ) 4.2 DIAMETER (IN) 2.9 WIDTH (IN) .97 BACKING CAPACITY WF4F+90yds/20lbs Berks, PA. Dec 12, 2009 #1 Hi everyone, My Dad gave me an old South Bends Finalist rod and reel that he bought when he was a kid but he never took to fly fishing. The #1155 Finalist first appeared with the #1122 in 1967 and lasted about five years. South Bend 1144 Finalist , Vintage Fishing Reel - WOW THIS THING IS A BEAUTIFUL !!! "shoes" that are pushed against a blue nylon(?) 3 1/4" diameter and 1 3/16" across front face. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. It calls for 6 or 7 wt lines, but I found the rod a good solid 5 wt. . User input on Finalist Model 1141 Fly Reel by South Bend: Be the first to submit input on this product Submit Input: Your Name: Write or Paste Input here: Upload picture: Review Guidelines. On mine the holes are not threaded. Our final set has reliable products and we also worked hard to maintain variety within our picks for personal choice. Fly Reels - Vintage Gladding Business & Industrial Fishing Books & Video Clothing & Footwear Downrigger, Outrigger Gear Fishing Trips Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Ice Fishing Novelties & Gifts Reel Parts & Repair Rod Building & Repair Saltwater Fishing Tackle & Accessories Tackle Craft Taxidermy Vintage Advertisements Creels Flies Licenses Lures Very nice. I moved from Michigan to the east coast and have been distracted from fishing for 30 years. Post Hardwood Reel Seat With Machined Aluminum Hoods. just what I wanted for my south bend 291 71/2 4 piece bamboo rod older than the reel for display. No. Any information about this reel would be appreciated, including whether the blue disk can be reversed, effectively switching it from RHW to LHW, Todd. South Bend Bait Company Location: 1108 S. High St., South Bend The South Bend Bait Company grew out of a small company founded by Frank G. Worden, who manufactured bucktail fly lures in his home. 30-35$ max. New Listing South Bend Finalist 1122 Fly Reel NOS Opens in a new window or tab. Thread starterEbay USA Start dateMar 10, 2019 E Ebay USA Guest Mar 10, 2019 #1 $9.99(0 Bids) End Date: Sunday Mar-10-2019 17:14:56 PDT Buy It Now for only: $14.99 Buy It Now| Bid now| Add to watch list More. Sponsored. C $28.51 shipping. ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels! This is ideal for beginners yet offers durable, all-around performance for serious anglers. Very nicely photographed. Messages 934 . Any ideas on value? Get the best deal for South Bend Vintage Fly Fishing Reels from the largest online selection at eBay.com.sg. Sell your gear Sign Up / Login Cart. Ken recently let me borrow his 1144 to try on the rod, and I sure liked it. | Free shipping on many items! On the non reversable models, the dog post hole is not threaded. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. See picture. This is built with very close tolrance. Information About Makers and Manufacturers, Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods. Made in the England. What I can add to the discussion at the moment. 2 piece Spool diameter 21/2", overall reel diameter 31/4", spool width 3/4", on off check on back of reel, quick spool release, reel looks good and works well. Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2015. Want to know more? The pin is pressed in so not easy to reverse. C $33.91. Refresh your browser window to try again. 52" leather look case- has some gray paint splashed on it. Kastking Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, Sougayilang Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, M Maximumcatch Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, Angler Dream Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, Redington Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, Pflueger Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel, Cheeky Fishing Southbend Finalist 1133 Fly Reel. This reel weighs just over 8 ounces. The 2 stage drag is overkill considering all that stress hinges on the tiny spring loaded pin in the spool. South Bend Finalist Red Fly Fishing Reel 1144 With Line and Original Box. 7.95. The #1155 is a reused number from an earlier SA fly reel that was considerabley smaller. $85. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. I plan to return it and will not order another. The news is a double blow to the community this week with 18 people also being laid off at Pendennis Shipyard which caters for the luxury yacht market. Made to compete against the Pflueger Medalist. It has very little monetary value, but is very handy for panfishing, line storage, and swapping lines reel to reel. The fly rod comes in a nice case that is small enough for me to carry on my KLR650 motorcycle during adventure rides. Lot Of 2 Fly Reels Okuma Integrity I 5/6 SouthBend Finalist 1144 Allen Cover plus a partial box of Quantum Energy Micro Clear Fishing Line. Is your reel marked USA? Vintage SOUTH BEND Finalist 1122 Fly Fishing Reel (#304845365221) r***e (196) - Feedback left by buyer r***e (196). Works perfect. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Original Price 5.00 SOUTH BEND AUTOMATIC FLY REEL BULLETIN - 7.pdf (557.12 Kb) SOUTH BEND BCR510.pdf (550.29 Kb) SOUTH BEND CASTING ABL MODEL 1000 BULLETIN - 9.pdf (556.78 Kb) SOUTH BEND CASTING ABL MODEL 300 BULLETIN - 9.pdf (556.77 Kb) SOUTH BEND CASTING ABL MODEL 400E BULLETIN - 9.pdf (556.78 Kb) $7.95 shipping. Board index Classic Fly Reels Reel weight chart? To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Back to home page Return to top. by fishingthefly 04/17/08 12:49, Post This comes with excellent quality, It fly fishing line and has a great design. Naturally, the reel was set up for RHW as purchased from a seller certain auction site. But what the hay, two reels for the price of one. Post subject: Re: South Bend Finalist 1144 Capacity. Get big deals on new & used South Bend gear at Geartrade.com. 18.04 postage. Vintage South Bend Finalist - 1122 Fly Fishing Reel - C $31.98. Not much is known about Worden's early life or his activities after leaving South Bend. I contemplating selling this reel, but given its rather pristine condition I'm hesitant to actually use it - plus the fact that I already fish an identical reel. If the Pflueger Medalist is the gold standard of click reels in its price range, I think the Finalist may just be the silver medal, or at least the bronze. This offers a high speed gear ratio at 40. It has the original red case and yellow box. | Browse our daily deals for even more savings! Request for Info on South Bend Finalist 1142, Re: Request for Info on South Bend Finalist 1142. Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Assis Reel - Black, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 151 product ratings, 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 120 product ratings, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 84 product ratings, Zebco ZO3PRO.10.BX3 Omega Pro Spincast Reel - Black, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 75 product ratings, Shimano 22 Beastmaster 9000 Electric Reel - Multicolor (045102), 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 55 product ratings, Pflueger PRESSP20X Fish Spinning Reel - 1425597, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 24 product ratings, Shimano SYNCOPATE SC2500FG Spinning Fishing Reel, Shimano FX 2500HG Spinning Reel 6.2:1 FX2500HGFC, Shimano Vanford C3000XG F Saltwater Spinning Reel (VFC3000XGF), Shimano FX FC Spinning Reel (FXC3000FC) Fishing, BRAND NEW Abu Garcia Black MAX Casting Reel 6.4:1 Ratio BMAX3 Low Profile, Shimano Vanford F 2500 Spinning Reel VF2500HGF, South Bend Trout Fly Vintage Fishing Reels. BURNLEY FC football Programmes 70-71 season (#185830854773), Shakespeare 2890 Fly reel (#185846527701). Actually, all that material tells you a lot. by fishingthefly 04/18/08 06:00, Post The data did not transfer that well from my spread sheet but readable. Nice rod and . South Bend Reel Schematics. VINTAGE SOUTH BEND 550 ANTI BACK LASH JEWELED CASTING REEL Model C ~ Works! Information About Makers and Manufacturers, Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods. Well cared for, gently used outfit. why is there no love for the south bend finalist fly reels ? I had 2 pc rods before this, and it just didn't make it packable. Stainless palming flange on spool for added control of large fish. The 6 wt line would be fine for close fishing but the 7 wt totally overloads the rod, at least the one sent to me. Sometime after acquiring Pflueger, Shakespeare started production in Asia. South Bend Finalist Fly Rod 8.5 Ft by SouthBend How customer reviews and ratings work Top positive review Alan Layton Good product for the fast shipping. Ok, so thank you to this forum for archiving this old thread!! I like that reel better than the early finalist, heavy duty reel. Glass Fanatic: Joined: 09/29/06 Posts: 4413 Free shipping on selected items. 1141 Vintage Fly Fishing Reel Sold See item details Similar items on Etsy ( Results include Ads ) Genuine Vintage Postcards Collection /UK/Foreign/Europe/ B&W/ Colour Job Lot Mixed 1900's - 1980's (in packs of 20) Blank and posted Cards cherishedpostcards $17.85 All wraps, ferrules, guides, reel seat and cork are in very good + conditio Our mission is to share the passion of fly fishing with others and foster a new generation of fly tyers and fishers, offering them reliable, high-quality products and up to date information through modern means. by prairieschooner 02/02/18 10:26, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. If yes, what is your opinion of the reel?