Better workplaces for women. If you want to use this structure, I'd say to just go for "have + (verb)" instead. Leave this page open, and your corrected text will appear as soon as it's ready! When this is the case, we might not feel the need to say sorry, but we might at least want to find a gentler way to apologize to someone for making them wait. - My apologies (meaning that you take responsibility for making them wait and saying sorry) Inconvenience coursed (coursed trouble - example - they waited so long and now they might be late for the bus), a.Sorry for the long wait - You must log in or register to reply here. Once you briefly discuss the delay and say sorry, continue with the content of your message. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. I appreciate your prompt attention, and hope that it does not unduly inconvenience you to provide me with a status report and an estimate for when you will have the issue resolved. Satisfaction guaranteed! If you were the original sender, you likely know how long the recipient has been waiting. I hope you didnt mind the wait. I am frustrated, and find I need to bring this up with you again. Input your text below. Sorry to have kept you waiting is a great alternative in formal emails. Inconvenience caused (), It may not be your fault, but to take personal responsibility for a situation seems much friedler and more personal than if you use 'We'. Apologies for making you wait while I tried to sort this out. JavaScript is disabled. I'm arthur petrelli. I'm sorry for keeping you in suspense like this. sorry Thank You for Your Patience. Would it be possible to I am sorry sorry to have kept you waiting or I am sorry for having kept you waiting? Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. All in all, I don't think using "you" or "your" is too big of an issue, as long as it's not being used in an accusatory sentence--It's certainly not an issue when you're apologizing for a disturbance. You can go on to explain the reason for the request or the urgency. Youre in luck! Read on to learn more about the best synonyms and how to use them. Today more than 1001 people got their English checked. keeping you waiting. The recipient will certainly appreciate you sending them this because they have been waiting around for an email from you for a while. Perhaps a colleague emailed to share exciting news or information with you. InHerSight is the career navigator for working women. Im sorry this took so long. There were a few things that I needed to do first before sending you the files. Sorry to have kept you waiting - is what you say to someone afterwards, when you finally have time for them. "Sorry to have kept you waiting" is a great alternative in formal emails. Like us on Facebook by clicking the like button below: Share TextRanch on Facebook by clicking on the button below. keep (someone) waiting To "keep someone waiting" means to make them wait for a while. I hope you werent kept waiting too long. Parabolic, suborbital and ballistic trajectories all follow elliptic paths. Thank you so much for your patience. sorry to make you wait. Nucilo is a website that writes about many topics of interest to you, it's a blog that shares knowledge and insights useful to everyone in many fields. Yet another possibility. Sorry for keeping you waiting all this time. Now, we say thank you to make the message feel more positive from the start, which helps when delivering emails. For example: I do appreciate that you are busy and I hate to trouble you again, but we are having trouble with X. I appreciate your previous assistance with X. I'm sorry for the long wait. Rather than bug I would say bother, but otherwise keep your phrasing: "Sorry to bother you about this". The editors' comments are helpful and the customer service is amazing. One of our experts will correct your English. We appreciate your patience. By signing up, you agree to InHerSight's Terms and Privacy Policy, You now have access to all of our awesome content. It implies that something was out of your control but prevented you from replying sooner. We shows that you represent a larger body and offer apologies for them. Using an Ohm Meter to test for bonding of a subpanel. In times like this, the common phrase sorry for the late reply helps. Maybe they got a promotion or reached an important milestone. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. Ive gathered all of the information for you now, so you can look into it to your hearts content. I. I wanted to be sure I carefully considered the ask before responding, and I had to pull together some information to provide everything you requested. Is there anything I can do to help you? Hope you werent kept waiting too long is a good way of showing that youre sorry about the wait. I hope you werent kept waiting for too long. You may never know how your career can pivot to a different direction, Foster inclusivity, awareness, and safety for your employees, How it got started, from a team of women who fostered its global growth, Mentorships, internal development programs, conference reimbursement, and more, A salary range already existsyou just have to talk to the right person, Companies where you can rest, recover, and bond with your child. I am sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. Check now One of our experts will correct your English. Hope you didnt mind the wait shows that you know that someone had to wait for a response. It is professional, cordial, yet communicates the intended message well. I hope you werent waiting for too long on my reply. I hope youll be able to look past this when we continue moving forward with our business. Can I use my Coinbase address to receive bitcoin? Its polite in a business email to include this if youve made someone wait too long. Its not always easy to put your apology into words, and your approach will vary based on the formality of the relationship or how egregious your delay really was. Im sorry about the wait. sorry for keeping you waiting. I apologize for keeping you waiting. ${ company.score } stars Again, sorry to keep you waiting. It is a formal choice that shows you are appreciative of them. Im so sorry its taken me so long to reply to your email. Dont worry; I found the solution to the problem.All the best,Nathan. Heres an email example for this scenario. You will often see it in emails when someone doesnt get back to you right away. If you know how to apologize in a business email, you should never say something like: "I am sorry, if someone is offended." It's the same as saying: "Too bad if some of you do not understand me. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting" - can mean (a) that the person will still have to wait a bit longer, English - Barbadian/British/educated in US universities blend. What Do You Call Someone Who Has the Same Birthday as You? Apologies for the long wait. Instead, we use hope to show that we intended to reply quicker than we actually did. Read more about Martin here. b.My apologies for the delay and any inconvenience coursed. Sorry to have kept you waiting for longer than I intended. I beg your pardon, M'Lady, for keeping you waiting. Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. 1. I apologize for keeping you waiting, doctor. Sorry to have made you wait. There are plenty of great alternatives available. honestlysincerely We are still awaiting a response regarding issue X. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The only nuanced difference, and it is a very slight one indeed, is that with the perfect your wait is presented as something which is now at an end. I didnt mean to make you wait is a conversational alternative to sorry to keep you waiting. It shows you take responsibility for making someone wait longer than you expected. + Read the full interview, Quick response and got what I intend to say. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. "I apologize for the wait, could I have your credit card number please?" Pardon my frequent interruptions, however we are still continuing to address issues with blah, blah, blah thank you for your continued prompt attention to this matter. It works because we dont want to apologize for other things coming up, and yet were still thankful that the recipient waited around for us. For instance, you may have had to find the answer if they asked you a question. We will send you an email to confirm your account. I know this is different than what the OP was asking, but I prefer to be as polite, sweet, and cordial as possible when asking for help. If you took a long time to email someone, you have to admit that and say sorry for the late response to some degree. Thank you for your patience. Avoid the phrase "we need" or "I need" since that can sound demanding: "The information will allow us to [do this or that]. Using "thank you" rather than "I'm sorry" is a positive way to write an apology. . He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. What you should say to your assistant is: Im sorry to have to ask you to keep waiting for the customer to arrive (no need for there). In these cases, thank you for your patience sounds sarcastic, so you should probably avoid using it. This article will highlight the following to help you:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_1',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0'); The preferred version is thank you for your patience. This phrase works well because it takes sorry away, which can sometimes have negative connotations. I appreciate your patience here. And if you're apologising for previous action/to imply the wait is over, then to use "sorry for keeping you waiting". This is a very useful phrase to remain polite and professional, regardless of the situation. First, its helpful to have a jumping-off point with a general template you can adapt to whatever situation arises. 1. Sorry to keep you waiting or Sorry for keeping you waiting ? You could instead say Im sorry to have had you kept waiting. That makes sense, logically, and would mean that you have had to ask your assistant to ask your visitor to wait until you were ready. Lowest prices Up to 50% lower than other online editing sites. I apologize for keeping you waiting so long in the cold. I apologize for the long wait. Sorry for making you wait on this reply, but Ive discussed the matter with my superior, and were happy to proceed.