In wide sauce pan, place the pork ribs and pork belly with the white wine, chicken stock and trimmings and cook on a low heat for 3 hours. Fry the peppers & onions with oil on medium - high heat. Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring all the while, as the chorizo releases its salty, spicy fat. Set sauce aside till needed. Fry them on medium heat for several minutes until theyre starting to colour, then add the garlic, paprika and thyme. Everyday Celebrity Favourites. Without your financial contributions this would not be possible. To plate, add a base of the pea puree and top with the scallops. Pretty much all meat will work on a skewer and boy does veg taste good to on the grill. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Serve with coriander sprinkled on top, a lime wedge and some mayonnaise, A big thanks toGavin Sutherlandfor this delicious recipe, Clonakilty Food Co., Western Road, Clonakilty, West Cork, Ireland. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Our daughter - the COMPLETE opposite. Its about the size of the food and the length of time it takes to cook. Of the many empanadas I have tasted in this beautiful northwestern region, these ones are my favorites - their crust is consistently delicate and delicious. I submitted a recipe and waited for the Editor to get back to me saying there had been some sort of mistake and they meant a different Melanie May. 4. The main ingredient is always cod. Cotswold venison, crapaudine beetroot, pine, Fillet of Norwegian Halibut, summer peas, pancetta, smoked oyster beurre blanc and roasted sweetbread, HALLOUMI AND ROAST VEG SKEWERS WITH KOMBU, The Staff Canteen Live 2018 at Hotelympia, theartisanfoodvillage.com/collections/cornish-charcuterie. Season the other side of thescallops, then flip them over in the same order you placed them in the pan and repeat the process. It also contains 2-3g of salt per 100g, which significantly contributes to the recommendations of less than 6g a day. The coast round Nerja is known for its shoals of fresh anchovies. Add a splash of sherry vinegar 1 minute before serving and cook for a further minute. If you like this seared scallops with chorizo and pea pure recipe, please share with others. 1 Heat the butter in a medium size frying pan. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Season one side of the scallops with the pepper. My recipes have been greatly received (well, I think they have been) and as a result of this blog, I was asked to contribute a recipe to a charity cookbook. Its about what I am cooking right now, what and where I have eaten and how those experiences have inspired me Read More. 3. Or, for a less pricey version, you could use prawns and chunks of meaty white fish, Serve this bloody mary seafood salad as a starter or light lunch. Preparation. Spicy chorizo sausage and black pudding both go really well with clams and other shellfish. It is flavored with spices and herbs, usually including garlic and oregano, and has a wonderfully rich, spicy taste. And then Ill write about it. Cook for another minute. Iberian hogs are born, fed and raised in the south and northwest of Spain. Meanwhile, dry fry the chorizo in a shallow casserole or frying pan until it starts to release its oils. Spicy and hot fried potatoes, with a Brava sauce to match! There isnt multiple items to keep a close eye on and there isnt 100s of pans to clean afterwards. Our Editorial team have a critical role to play in informing and supporting our audience in a balanced way. Catalan Style Beans: Habas are a traditional type of Spanish bean, that Catalan chefs (after their grandmother's cookbook!) Crispy and chewy meringue, fresh fruit, lightly spiced strawberry syrup and a sweet and sharp kick from the balsamic reduction. Use the oil from the chorizo pan and add the butter over a medium high heat. The first is made with rice and the second is served grilled or cooked in cider. A classic that everyone should try, Scallops love a bit of lemon and chilli plus, they are ready in a flash. Required fields are marked *. 4. Preheat the grill and arrange the bacon rashers and black pudding on the grill rack. Try our recipes for the most delicious ways to serve this shellfish perfect for an elegant starter. Im also keen on adventures and open to experiences of all kinds. Season the other side of the scallops, then flip them over in the same order you placed them in the pan and repeat the process. Registered in Ireland No. Top Tip Divide into portions and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with rock chive or some other cress. My pleasure - the beauty of it is how simple it is. If you liked this seared scallops with chorizo and pea pure recipe you might also like myfoolproof scones recipe. Guess I should, you never know!! Clonakilty Black Puddingis Ireland's favourite black pudding. Thanks to chef Peter Sidwell of Simply Good Food TV for creating this recipe especially for the Guild of Fine Food and its charcuterie sponsors and friends: Cornish Charcuterie: theartisanfoodvillage.com/collections/cornish-charcuterie, Deli Farm Charcuterie: www.delifarmcharcuterie.co.uk/, Great Glen Charcuterie: www.greatglencharcuterie.com/, Harvey & Brockless: www.harveyandbrockless.co.uk/, Patchwork Pat: www.patchwork-pate.co.uk/, Woodalls: www.woodallscharcuterie.co.uk/. Well that part most people find pretty easy - unless your my toddler! 8 minutes until soft. Add chorizo and continue cooking until chorizo browns. The perfect light summer meal, or BBQ side dish. Programmation et technologies internet; Rseaux informatiques et scurit; Gestion de projets informatiques T.I. The sauce also makes a fabulous bloody mary drink topped up with a little more tomato juice, Impress your friends with these stylish, healthy canaps, Fat, juicy scallops are always a treat- the secret is not to overcook them and to team with contrasting sweet flavours, Cook scallops in the professional way then plate up restaurant-style with breadcrumbs and a smear of vegetable pure, For a show-stopping dinner party, James Martin recommends this peppery soup, topped with luxurious seafood, Anne Willan's timeless seafood classic makes for an impressive and elegant main course, Mussels, scallops and king prawns make this shellfish supper for two a real treat - it works just as well with spaghetti or linguini, Treat someone special to this elegant meal for two, with gently poached oysters and other delicious seafood, Rustle up a luxurious, romantic (and speedy!) You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability. Cut it into chunky wedges and serve for supper or a light lunch with a fresh tomato and basil salad. The combination of good-quality pinkish anchovies, smallish, crisp, unwrinkled chillies and a freshly pitted olive produce a sophisticated mlange. It felt like all the hard work and effort I put into my blog was finally paying off. Quick, easy and undeniably mouth-watering. A single coffee is more than 2, a beer is 4.50 and a large glass of wine can be 6 or more. Bread with Mushrooms and Alioli: This tapa recipe comes from a bar in Madrid. Try this new classic tapa! That is unless you are a bit of a pyro! You should always use your best judgement when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken or fish and seek expert advice before beginning if you are unsure. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Cause I couldnt. Share a photo of your own attempt at this recipe or leave any feedback and comments below, Id love to hear from you. I like to use tortillas, naan or pita to eat a lot of my skewered meats. Baking rather than frying it would be the healthier option. Gambas a la plancha (Pan-grilled shrimp): Spaniards love to eat grilled shrimp at the counter of a good tapas bar while sipping a glass of chilled fino sherry or cold beer. 3. Tomatoes here are used as a container for a delicious Spanish stuffing. Clonakilty Food Co. 2023. Method. I prepare it with fresh hocks, and it's also delicious. I used to jog around the Retiro and then eat these tostadas washed down with a nice cold caa! Stay tune and sign in for Wild Atlantic Taste newsletter for new recipes and articles. Support The Staff Canteen from as little as 1 today. In a nutshell, AnotherFoodBlogger is about me, my life in the kitchen, my love & passion for food and about how food features in my life. A light lunch or chunky winter starter, all cooked in one pan. Send me some pics if you make it , Your email address will not be published. Or you might enjoy makingmy pumpkin soup served in a pumpkin recipe. Autumn Spring Sumer Winter. The ice-cream maker has come out of the cupboard, and my latest fave is this caramelised white chocolate ice-cream. Salt Cod Fritters with Allioli: Bacalao - salt cod - is one of the great Spanish delights, adding flavor to bland ingredients such as potatoes. Add chorizo and continue cooking until chorizo browns. Stuffed Tomatoes tapas: This one is a simple recipe, very handy when preparing a barbeque or a picnic party. Some versions also include green bell peppers; others eliminate the peppers altogether. Sprinkle with coriander and wedge of lime to finish. Piperada is a filling egg dish, which makes a delicious brunch, and it can also be served as a tapa. Chorizo Linguine pasta Parmesan cheese Prawns Red chilli pepper Rock chive, Seasons: Spoon goats cheese on top and sprinkle with parsley. A Food and Travel Blog for Those Hungry for Adventure. 200ml/2fl oz double cream Method For the colcannon, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until very tender. Spices for them are sold ready-mixed in the south. 3. I did 4 skewers. For the prawns with chorizo, heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the olive oil and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes. In the last 15 minutes, add the soft chorizo and black pudding in whole pieces to finish cooking. Copyright 2023 Black Pudding .Club | Website Design by BlueMoonCreative.Services. First made in the 1880s, the secret recipe remains the same to this day. The Iberian Acorn Ham it's exclusive from Spain. Add the cooked prawns to the pasta and mix. Adjust the amount of chilli according to your taste. Crisp black pudding adds great texture along with different spices and (in my opinion) a delicious irony flavour. For these chorizo prawn skewers it was important to get something sturdy but also not to thick. More details on our Cookies page. This classic British dessert is perfect all year round! Toss together pasta with prawns and sauce until pasta gets a silky coat. Using the same frying pan as you used for the chorizo, think of the pan as a clock face and add the scallops, one by one, seasoned side down, in a clockwise order. Place a large flameproof casserole dish or a saucepan with a lid on the hob. Your email address will not be published. It takes a little longer to make due to the caramelising of the chocolate, but hot damn is the results worth it. Add the sherry and allow it to sizzle for a minute or so, then pour in the chicken stock. In fact I think Ive got 4 different types of skewers. When the peas are cooked, drain off the liquid and reserve a handful of peas for decoration. Meanwhile, heat 25g/1oz of the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan. This sophisticated starter is a taste sensation with lemon, anchovies and garlic packing a punch, Bring a Spanish touch to scallops using smoky chorizo and a picada made with hazelnuts, sherry and rustic bread. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Remember what type of skewer you are using and the maximum weight it can carry. Thank you. This recipe by Si King & Dave Myers, aka The Hairy Bikers, takes on a Spanish influence. Over the last 12 years, The Staff Canteen has built what has become the go-to platform for chefs and hospitality professionals. 250g chorizo sausage, diced into small cubes. Nope, dont just lob oil onto your bbq and certainly dont use a piece of kitchen towel. Our website is built using Astra Pro, Elementor Pro & Crocoblock Sea Salt flakes and freshly ground Black Pepper. Look out for delicious chorizo, black pudding and other tasty British charcuterie in your local independent deli or farm shop. Using 4 skewers add the black pudding, then prawns and then chorizo to the skewer, brush with remaining marinade and grill for 2 - 3 mins per side, Place cooked vegetables on serving platter, top with skewers and drizzle mayo over (or serve on side). They should be darkened and slightly crispy on the surface. 213014, I consent to my data being stored and have read and understood the. Dice the chorizo into 1cm slices and place in a preheated pan. Serve up a restaurant-style starter at home - much of it can be made ahead so you can relax with a glass of wine on the night, A quick, impressive dish that's easy to prepare and cook, creating stacks of flavour within minutes, A hot grill is the key to success here - crisp bacon and a succulent scallop. Garlic-marinated Black Olives: Attesting to the simplicity of tapas, a handful of marinated olives is often ample accompaniment to a glass of chilled sherry in most Spanish tapas bars. If you prefer a sweeter flavor, use freshly squeezed orange juice instead of the sweet sherry. Unsurprisingly, buying and cooking ready-prepared black puddings is much easier than making your own. For the chorizo in red wine, heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Oh, and it's also utterly delish too. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I like to think of myself as an intrepid solo traveller, endlessly curious about people and places. In a large pan, place the soaked beans, onion, oil and cover with the water. Serve as a speedy yet elegant starter. Whichever ingredients you choose, these rolls are unforgettable. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set it aside. Their beauty lies in the bechamel base which is then mixed with your particular ingredient of choice to give it a characteristic flavor. To make your salad dressing, mix the oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and whisk until the mixture thickens slightly. Magazine subscription your first 5 issues for only 5. Method. Seeing my recipe and photo in a published cookbook sent my confidence soaring. 4. Remove from the pan, leaving the oil. Sometimes its a good idea to just do meat skewers and veg separately if you are worried about cook times but I like to add them together a lot of the time to mix the flavors in. Pa amb oli means "bread with olive oil" in Majorcan, and it is as commonly eaten in the Balearic Islands as pa amb tomquet is in Catalonia. Shape the black pudding balls into sausages and place them on a skewer (2-3 per skewer) and brush with olive oil. The addition of spicy chorizo and tangy cheese gives it a wonderful, rich flavor. I hope that, through my blog posts and articles, my enthusiasm for travel will bring you on many exciting adventures and encourage you to seek out your own. There are cookies baked into this website. Chop the tomatoes and place in the pan too. Fry for two minutes until golden brown. You can add sliced mushrooms to increase the number of portions. Add the prawns and scallops and cook for 5 mins until the prawns are pink and juicy and scallops caramelised. Dry fry black pudding, squash, onion, garlic, seasoning and rosemary for 5 minutes on medium heat. You could say I was a bit of a groupie, but I like to think of myself as an over enthusiastic fan. Intgration de sites Web Arrange all the clams or mussels on top, then cover the pan again and let them steam for 34 minutes. Add the garlic for a further minute, then add the oregano, tinned tomatoes, passata and stock and let it simmer for 20 minutes before adding . I love chorizo and using skewers. Fry vegetables in a frying pan on medium heat for approx. Boquerones en Escabeche: Moorish Pickled Anchovies This is an old, old way of preserving small fish which has survived into modern times because it is so delicious. Clams and White Beans Almejas con Alubias Blancas This delicious dish comes from Asturias in the north of Spain. Our exciting black pudding recipe collection explores the many ways it can be used as an ingredient, element, or focal point of any dish. A popular variation of this recipe serves the piperada on toasted bread rounds dripping with butter. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and when the pan is very hot add the oil. Use an old rag or a bbq brush to oil your grill. 30 mins is often long enough but overnight can be killer (thats a good thing) with some marinades. They are often served sauted with ham or stuffed with white sauce and ham or meat, etc. Add the chorizo and leave to fry gentle on a medium heat for just a couple of minutes. Also consider the placement of the items. 'We all need to be a little careful of the . Chorizo can burn quite easily so keep a close eye on it. Add the slices of chorizo and cook them on medium heat until the slices start to brown and the fat is coming out. Add the oil to the pan over a medium heat, add garlic and chilli and cook for 2 mins. Search, save and sort your favourite recipes and view them offline. Clonakilty Blackpudding x 200g cut into 8 slices, 1. This week we are tackling the age-old mission of 'getting veg into your child'. 2 fresh king prawns; 2 fresh scallops; Small bunch parsley; 1 clove garlic; 5 or 6 pieces of sliced chorizo; Small handful of lambs lettuce; Black pepper; Thin slice of butter; Directions. All rights reserved. Black pudding gives extra richness to this warming and spicy supper dish, Spanish-inspired but with a British twist. I've actually made it 3 weeks in a row now as many a friend Luckily for me its pretty much ALWAYS grillin season here in QLD! Come to think of it do I even need a plate? Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat, add a little olive oil, then throw in the chorizo and, if you like, a sprinkling of fennel seeds and a few bay leaves. Heat the rapeseed oil in a medium frying pan and saute chilli pepper, minced garlic over medium-high heat until softened. Sticking is the WORST nightmare of skewers as the food not only looks crappy but you end up leaving half of it behind. Add a splash of sherry vinegar 1 minute before serving and cook for further minute. Let us know what is your favorite pasta dish. Be sure to remember if youre using wooden skewers that you soak them for a minimum of 20 minutes in cold water so they dont catch fire on the barbeque, other than that, sit back, relax and enjoy the subtle flavours of Irelands favourite black pudding al fresco. Add seasoning and splash of sherry vinegar close to the end. Of the endless variety of starters that is possible to find - there is not town that doesn't have his own - we introduce a selection that we believe you will really enjoy. For the salad, mix the parsley leaves, red onion, capers, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes together and then toss with the salad dressing. Then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes at 200C. Like many Spanish sausages, the Spanish . Pimientos rellenos (Rice-stuffed peppers): The rice to fill these stuffed peppers, which are typical of the mountain towns of Alcoy and Bocairent, cooks in the sweet juices from the tomato and pepper. 2. An average portion of black pudding is approximately 75g. Apple and Walnut Salad: This refreshing, crisp summer salad provides the perfect accompaniment to a glass (or two) of chilled Spanish sherry. Pinchitos Morunos: Small Spicy Moorish Kebabs Europe's first kebabs were brought by the Arabs from Africa. Other popular pork tapas include picadillo(chopped and breaded meat), and chicharrones and torreznos, made mainly from bacon. Magazine subscription your first 5 issues for only 5. I tend to use both at home but typically for different applications. In Malaga the fish are pressed together into a little fan, four tails together, for frying, but this is not essential to the recipe. The fish is 'cooked' by the action of the acidic lime juice. Layers of flavour and texture make Eton Mess one of my favourite desserts to serve to family and friends. Esqueixada is a quintessential Catalan salad. 4. Spanish omelette: This is THE tapa! Suddenly my kitchen may just become a little less cluttered . Cook for 5 mins ensuring to stir occassionally before transferring to a plate. Add the black pudding slices and cook for about 1 minute each side. Prawn croquettes: Croquetas are ubiquitous in Spain, although they most likely originate from the French 'croquettes'. Remember to add oil. People tend to be apprehensive of it but trust me when you try this recipe its a real winner! Red Onion and Orange Salad: This popular and colorful salad lends a festive note to any tapas table, and is featured in many tapas bar throughout Spain. Juicy scallops are the ultimate seafood treat. 1. Nice post! Cafes in Ireland with a Reusable Cup Discount, Difference Between Natural and Dutch-process Cocoa Powder. Pa amb oli. Mix all the prawn marinade ingredients together and marinate prawns for 30 minutes, 2. It is usually served on wooden plates with cachelos, potatoes that have been boiled or roasted in embers with their skins on. The perfect way to impress last-minute guests, A quick but impressive starter of plump scallops scattered with toasted breadcrumbs, Make a meal with autumn's mushroom harvest, Cooking for friends? This side dish goes perfectly with roasted pork, For a show-stopping dinner party, James Martin recommends this peppery soup, topped with luxurious seafood, Savoury black pudding makes these potato cakes moreish, serve for supper or brunch, If you prefer traditional Lancashire hotpot, leave out the black pudding and the mustard, Make tasty potato rstis with apple, brussels sprouts and black pudding. 200 grams of garden peas or petit pots (fresh or frozen). Either way, this simple egg dish is sure to become a part of your culinary repertoire. 5. Chorizo en Vino Tinto This tasty chorizo recipe is good for a tapa. I have used curry powder as part of my mixture as it contains cumin and very similar herbs. The mussels will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Flamenquines are typically served as a tapa, but I most often eat them as a light dinner main course at the home of friends in the Andalusian town of Andujar, which is surrounded by beautiful sunflower fields in full bloom in September. Alternatively, you can place the black pudding balls on the skewer and form the sausages while on the skewers - it clings to the skewer better this way. Keep the pea puree warm until ready to serve (just a few minutes). Empanadas: bread pies stuffed with shellfish, fish or meats, are iconic of Galician cuisine. For both clams and mussels, discard any that dont close when sharply tapped. All they need is some bread, slices of Manchego cheese and a glass of sherry. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once until the rashers are crispy and the black pudding is cooked through. In Stock Add to basket Next day delivery Order within 2 hours 41 mins and select priority delivery. Fry the chorizo until it is golden and crisp. Mix all the prawn marinade ingredients together and marinate prawns for 30 minutes. Black pudding and chorizo Together with ham, these are two of the most popular cured pork products served as tapas. Prawn and Bacon Brochettes: The Spanish love bacon, which we cure and air-dry in the same way as our famous jamon. Being a cured product, it can also be eaten raw. Cover lightly in foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 170C (cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer if using regular capsicums). Our editorial and social media team are creating and delivering engaging content every day, to support you and the whole sector - we want to do more for you. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Remove the chorizo from the pan and keep warm until ready to serve (just a few minutes). Ready-made puddings are already cooked, so they just need a gentle re-heating . Serve with plenty of fresh bread to mop up the delicious juices! Barbecued Mini Ribs: These tasty ribs are known as Costillas in Spain. They are at their best when made with chickpea flour, but regular flour is just OK. Spicy Sausage and Cheese Tortilla: This substantial tortilla is delicious hot or cold. Just remember you want everyone to be touching but it aint a Japanese bullet train - everyone needs a little room to move. Pan Fried Chorizo & Black Pudding 6.95 served with soft poached egg & drizzled with a honey syrup Garlic Mushrooms 5.95 served on toasted brioche in creamy garlic & white wine sauce Healthy & Lighter Meals Surf & Turf 14.95 4oz rump steak & sweet chilli king prawns served with mixed salad, pomegranate, avocado & herbs Superfood Salad 12.95 Spiced Clams: Spanish clams, specially in the North, are much larger than clams found elsewhere, and have more succulent bodies. 1. Can you believe it? Add a splash of cream to make the peas extra rich and silky. Fry up some rich black pudding as part of a classic English breakfast for the perfect brunch. 3 sweet pointed capsicums (halved) or regular capsicums (top cut off), 150g Clonakilty Blackpudding (chopped roughly). Add a splash of sherry vinegar 1 minute before serving and cook for further minute. Fry vegetables in a frying pan on medium heat for approx. For a tangier version, add a dash of lemon juice to the mayonnaise before mixing it into the salad. Try it with sausages instead of black pudding if you prefer Black pudding potato cakes 7 ratings This super-simple recipe with melted cheese and crisp black pudding makes a good brunch or supper and is a great way to use up leftover potatoes Black pudding mash 2 ratings Wooden skewers are cheaper to buy but obviously over a long period of time you will ultimately spend more money than reusable metal ones. Next, add the butter to the pan over a medium to high heat. Get 6 issues for 9.99 + a copy of Good Food's Vegetarian Summer! Check that the clams or mussels have opened and discard any that havent. Tuna and goat cheese empanadillas: Empanadillas, the smaller, pocket-size versions of empanadas, are generally served as tapas, and, because no silverware is required to eat them, make perfect party food. Then puree the peas. Add the bay leaves and red wine, and cook until the volume of wine has reduced to just coat the chorizo. Add the sea salt and. If you cant get clams, mussels work just as well and are usually quite cheap. For those of you who saw my stuffed capsicums recipe and my beet hummus you are in for a treat with this one! Shrimp Fritters - Tortillitas de Camarones: I have eaten these crisp, delicious shrimp fritters only in Andalusia, where deep-frying reigns supreme. SPANISH BLACK PUDDING FILLED WITH RICE Ref: CHA00320 Weight: 350g 257 Reviews Artisan product, made by family business since 1930 Gluten free black pudding Delicious fried with eggs or piquillo peppers 3.95 or 1.32 in 3 interest free payments! 2 Add the prawns and . When I serve this recipe at a party, it is always the first to go! In the Mediterranean diet it is typical to begin the food with succulent starters to open up the appetite. Its so flavorsome, yet so easy to make. I started my blog over a decade ago. Do I need to explain why? Anyone else have that problem? When the beans have finished simmering, put the chorizo back in the pan to warm through. 8 minutes until soft. Allow to simmer until the peas are cooked through (this should take a little less than ten minutes). Liam bloody Neeson! This is a super classic and easy tapas recipe, and the perfect way to combine . Black pudding is normally made of a mixture of pig's blood with oatmeal, pork fat, onions and plenty of spices and seasonings, giving it a strong and robust flavour. Less evidence is traditional bacalao (salt cod), for which smoked mackerel is a substitute here. Bursting with the flavour of summer, these black pudding and prawn skewers are simply delicious and the perfect addition to enhance a BBQ. We would never put up a paywall and restrict access The Staff Canteen is open to all and we want to keep bringing you the content you want; more from younger chefs, more on mental health, more tips and industry knowledge, more recipes and more videos. Healthy and packed with Summer flavours, these Clonakilty Blackpudding and Prawn Skewers are simply delicious and the perfect addition to enhance any of those Summer evening barbeques. Patatas bravas: A classic! Better to be safe than sorry! A vibrant starter or indulgent summer lunch, This light, spicy Mexican-style starter is great for kick-starting your tastebuds, Choose fat scallops for this speedy but smart pasta recipe- the ham wrappers will protect the tender shellfish and give an extra savoury hit, For a healthy-yet-special starter, try our easy pan-fried scallops with a squeeze of zesty lime and a sprinkling of chilli and coriander, Impress guests with this starter, or fish course, that's perfect for a dinner party. Learn how to prepare the real one! Pour sauce into the large pan with prawns and toss well, check the seasoning. This sophisticated starter is a taste sensation with lemon, anchovies and garlic packing a punch Scallops with chorizo & hazelnut picada 6 ratings Bring a Spanish touch to scallops using smoky chorizo and a picada made with hazelnuts, sherry and rustic bread. This recipe by Si King & Dave Myers, aka The Hairy Bikers, takes on a Spanish influence. Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo rounds until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.