The gowns are stored in a mysterious back room amongst, I assume, voodoo dolls and $800 belts. We do it all together. You've probably seen the owners of Kleinfeld, Mara Urshel and Ronnie Rothstein on Say Yes to the Dress, Rothstein talking about how much he loves his job and every bride who comes in, and Urshel traveling to various fashion shows to suss out the latest trends. [1][2][3], Mara Urshel is one of the co-owners of Kleinfeld. X . Picky Is Tricky. Kleinfeld sells 10,000 dresses in a year, but where do you even keep all those? We cry. While speaking to Insider, the 57-year-old designer reflected on the time a bride named Samantha and her mother, Diana, walked into Kleinfeld Bridal. The series is part of a larger franchise that includes shows like Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Say Yes to the Dress: Ireland, Say Yes to the Dress:UK, Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids, Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss, Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best, Randy to the Rescue. Shes great. I got sucked into a marathon viewing of Say Yes To The Dress. I told my husband, Dont buy me anything, because theres nothing in the world that you could ever beat than this. [laughs], Lets talk about the babys name. Ronnie said that he wants to be the babys Jewish grandfather! It was an honor to be chosen. I just love Mara and Ronnie. [laughs] He says all the time that my son is going to have a bris! I sat down and gave her my criteria and budget. So, all in all, the people who appear on Say Yes to The Dress are not actors, and the store is real, but there are few aspects to the TLC series that are not exactly in accordance with what goes on at Kleinfeld Bridal, the upscale bridal boutique, and also the star of the show. However, the content does not just stop at the choice of the dress. Gabrielle Gibson never expected to get married . Few Say Yes to the Dress stories have been as moving as that of Margo Mallory, who came to the salon for a 2012 episode while battling cervical cancer. So when I found out I was pregnant, it was so special for me to share it with all the girls. If you like this article, please share it! Some may not even be brides they're just there for an experience (or possibly, to buy a "Just Say Yes" Say Yes to the Dress-branded T-shirt from a kiosk in the lobby). Ever wonder about the identity of the voice guiding us through all the action on Say Yes to the Dress? with Marlo A. Wilson-Alston. In a piece for theOffbeat Bride, a reader and forum contributor named Stacey described her experience on the SYTTD spin-off Randy to the Rescue. She was first introduced to Kleinfeld when she was shopping for a dress to wear to her son's wedding. Gabrielle Gibson will be the first transgender bride to go on the original verison of Say Yes to the Dress, and is thrilled to show transgender love. This baby is going to have a million grandmothers and aunts! It was all lace, from head to toe. Running Away From Home At 15 Helped Me Find A Home Within Myself, Take The Cake: On International Womens Day I Celebrate The 31% Stock Plummet of WW. Journal of Psychology 41, "Virginal or strapless? They also opened a Sample Studio located across the street from the main store, where brides on a budget and in a time-crunch can pick from over 200 dresses, without the pressure of a 90 minute appointment. Nicole Sacco is Saying Yes To TheBaby! If I had to, I would have taken off my left arm to have this child. It was a really happy moment. 'Say Yes to the Dress' 2020 releases on July 11, 2020, at 8 pm ET/PT. Pros of working at the store reportedly include travel, an exciting work environment, and enthusiastic co-workers. Say Yes to the Dress - Full Cast & Crew - TV Guide Say Yes to the Dress - Full Cast & Crew 2007 -2023 22 Seasons TLC Reality TVPG Watchlist Where to Watch The show documents the. Still, like that fifth drink you shouldn't order, I went back to Kleinfeld a second time. Director of Sales at Say Yes to the Dress: NYC. After a year of it not happening on its own, we decided to seek some help. We laugh. Being a bridal consultant is super hard you likely work on commission, there are entourages to contend with, not to mention the bride, who's the person you're actually aiming to please. Even brides with an appointment only get 90 minutes to decide on a dress before they have to leave. As of now, there are no plans to film SYTTD at Hudson's Bay, but regardless of whether or not the store's Canadian brides end up on TV, they're guaranteed to have the "Kleinfeld experience.". How much money does a Kleinfeld consultant make? Despite showing up on time for my appointment, I waited 20 minutes amongst a gaggle ofbridezillas, who collectively had enough estrogen to achieve a spontaneous pregnancy. The show welcomes transgender brides as well, adding itself to the list of non-discriminatory shows by sending the message that it stands in solidarity with all brides-to-be irrespective of their sexual orientation. Brides can add "bling" to their gowns to make them more unique, and it's so vital to make sure a dress looks perfect that there's a whole room devoted to adding beading to a dress. The episode aired a few months after her April 2019 wedding to Chmerkovskiy. Liana heads to Kleinfeld to find a dress for her wedding that's only four months away. And it did. There were eight of us who were approached, out of 280 employees. Other cast members include Dorothy Silvers, sales and merchandising at the store; Nicole Sacco, director of fittings and sales; Nitsa Glezelis, in-charge of alterations; Joan Roberts. Dresses sold on the show range from $1,300 to $40,000. However, the show does try to use a female camera operator to cut down on the awkwardness, and any images of a woman in her underwear aren't going to appear on the air. [14] This show will follow Keasha as she opens a new bridal salon. To compare, see(above right) the actual wedding dress I ended up buying. I felt disrespected. November 14, 2022. After this incident (followed by a glass of wine), I spoke to a friend who recently bought a dress at Kleinfeld, but had a different criteria and body type. She said it "could be the hardest job on the planet.". Simply put, the show is a big fucking lie. This is what keeps me going; this is what keeps my mind off of the harder parts. She understands that it's not simply a matter of finding a dress, and sending it to get altered for modesty's sake, it's often a matter of changing the structure of the dress, so the alteration process is often more complex. Learn more about Nicole Sacco - movies and shows, full bio, photos, videos, and more at TV Guide. A fixture in Brooklyn's Bay Ridge neighborhood since 1941 for hip, stylish, and wealthy brides-to-be, Mara Urshel and Ronald Rothstein moved their bridal salon, Kleinfeld, to larger Manhattan digs in 2005. But, from The Hills to The Housewives, we all know reality television isnt real. [9], Joan Roberts is the Director of Sales/Bridal Manager at Kleinfeld. So I have to ask: What dress did you pick for your wedding? She works alongside Nicole Sacco and Dorothy Silver. Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Platinum Collection. Hopefully hell be here Christmas week. The late comedian and long-time "Fashion Police" host was called in by a friend to help her daughter find the best dress in the season nine premiere, which aired in December 2012. If your consultant won't listen to you, like Trina, theres a 70-85% chance you will be presented with lots of dresses you wont even want to try. I showed her my favorite dresses from their website. Say Yes to The Dress 2020 Release Date: 'Say Yes to the Dress' 2019 premiered on July 20, 2019, on TLC, and ended with its 10th episode on September 14, 2019. Your consultant doesnt care how you met your fianc, or if youve chosen your venue. She has worked at Kleinfeld for eighteen years. Guess what? In addition, there's the work of having to explain the fact that your religious standards aren't optional, so you really do need a dress of a certain length and style. Say Yes to the Dress really is taped inside Kleinfeld's Manhattan storefront, but it's not very big. When I announced that I was pregnant, there were tears and such joy. If his voice sounds familiar, it's because he's done voice-over for an assortment of cartoons and video games, including Resident Evil. Say Yes to the Dress is an American reality television series on TLC which follows events at Kleinfeld Bridal in Manhattan. [15], Debbie Asprea is one of the several bridal consultants at Kleinfeld. You deserve to feel valued while wearing it, and shopping for it. Ask Erin: How Do I Tell My Sister That Her Husband Relapsed? The baby is almost 4 pounds already, so hes coming early. The couple said in a statement, "We have learned and grown into the people we are today. The episode aired in October 2014, the same day of their wedding. Say Yes to The . So my anniversary rolls around and my husband had sent me a beautiful email. A visit to Kleinfeld for a bride not participating in Say Yes, or when the show isn't taping, is much different than one for a bride on the show. Monte and Lori are very close in real life. We wish each other all the best in the future.. A fixture in Brooklyn's Bay Ridge neighborhood since 1941 for hip, stylish, and wealthy brides-to-be, Mara Urshel and Ronald Rothstein moved their bridal salon, Kleinfeld, to larger Manhattan digs in 2005. She began appearing as a cast-member on "RHOP's" first season in January 2016. No, I don't want a see-through wedding gown. [16], Coffin J. 44min. Kleinfeld's very own Nicole Sacco is featured on the cover of Celebrity Parents Magazine! Though the dress was, admittedly, pretty, it was nearly $3,000 over my budget. The main cast of Say Yes to the Dress includes the people at the store and the brides-to-be who come to shop at Kleinfeld. They have to pay for their dress. Simply put, the show is a big fucking lie. She did make it to her wedding, but passed away soon after, Greensfelder remembered. Bridal Consultant salaries at Kleinfeld can range from $13 $17 per hour. We went through a process of taking medication, but we didnt have to do in-vitro. After meeting with your consultant, youll be provided with a Kleinfeld tote bag to store your personal belongings (its yours to keep!). 2010. Bride profiling plays a major role in the selection of a dress. How New York says Yes to the dress", "Mara, Co-Owner of Kleinfeld: Say Yes to the Dress: TLC", "Ronnie, Co-Owner of Kleinfeld: Say Yes to the Dress: TLC", "Q&A with Nicole Say Yes To The Dress Blog: TLC", "Slice commissions "Keasha's Perfect Dress", "TLC Announces Season Premiere Dates for 'Say Yes to the Dress,' 'Welcome to Plathville' and More", "BRIDESMAIDS GET THE SPOTLIGHT ON TLC'S NEWEST INSTALLMENT OF "SAY YES TO THE DRESS", "TLC Gets Married to Another Installment of "Say Yes to the Dress", "Auditions: Say Yes To The Dress: Australia", Say Yes to the Dress: Asia official webpage, "Randy Fenoli Says the New Say Yes to the Dress: America Is the Show on Steroids", Say Yes to the Dress: Monte's Take Podcast, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Say_Yes_to_the_Dress&oldid=1151768636, This page was last edited on 26 April 2023, at 03:22. I thought my husband wanted a John Jr., though, and I told him that if he wanted to name the baby John Jr. that was fine with me. She has been with Kleinfeld for fifteen of those eighteen years. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Her beloved husband Corwin passed away. One participant says that dresses she couldn't afford were all moved to different closets and stockrooms the doors stayed closed and taping didn't happen in there. Based on Kleinfeld Bridal, a well-known bridal boutique located in New York, the show also has a worldwide following and is aired in Australia, the UK, Ireland, and Asia markets too. Nicole Sacco is having a great day. He then enrolled with the New York's Fashion Institute of Technology. She applied for a job and has been working there ever since. . Home | About | Contact | Copyright | Report Content | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Sitemap. You're shocked.). The bride's budget is discussed ahead of time, and the consultants do try to stick to that figure, although they almost always show the brides dresses far out of that price range it helps cement the show's "fairy tale" feel. How many dresses can you try on at Kleinfeld? Upon final inspection, I realized the corset bodice pushed up my breasts so much, I wondered if Kleinfeld could refer us to a defibrillator rental service, should any of our older guests have a heart attack. Not only does Kleinfeld have 30,000 square feet filled with the largest selection of wedding dresses in the world, it also has the greatest professional staff of over 200 employees who are dedicated to finding and perfecting your bridal look. As the Director of Sales of Kleinfeld (the worlds most popular wedding gown store) and star of TLCs hit show Say Yes To The Dress, Nicole has helped countless brides find the dress of their dreams. This may mean that for some upcoming appointments we see on the show, Randy will, in fact, be interacting with the brides and their families in person. Even though brides and their families are appearing on the reality show, they receive no form of compensation on the TLC show. Shay with pregnant bride-to-be Katie on this week's episode of Say Yes To The Dress. I wish we could film more brides with theme weddings, or like a goth wedding or something.' She's gotten a promotion to head up the Alterations department. For me, its nice to come here and work. They all knew my husband and I were struggling. The basic motive of the show is to help brides-to-be find the right wedding dress for themselves with extended support from various associates and managers of the Kleinfeld bridal store in Manhattan. By Julian Cheatle. Every step of the way, the bride receives personal one-on-one attention, from a personal bridal consultant, to her fitter who she will work with for the next few weeks until the gown fits perfectly! (I know, I know. (See: the episode in which a mother punched alterations manager Vera.) Click the heart on your favorite dresses, accessories, and designers. Were naming him Tristan. Today, Nicole's own dream is coming true as she prepares for the arrival of her first child (a boy! As of this moment, shes currently hosting yes to the Dress: its own spin-off and contributeAtlanta Say yes Bridesmaids. In the end, she wore a sample dress purchased elsewhere. Among all the shows that are aired on TLC, Say Yes to the Dress is one of their top-rated shows that has been positively received by the audience season after season. Welcome to the brand new Say Yes to the Dress channel! Im very much in love with my husband, and now Im going to have another man in my life. Consultants onSay Yes to the Dress aren't assigned at random to brides. Director of Sales/Bridal Manager. Keasha has not appeared on Say Yes to the Dress since the January 2011 season. You dont get better service than that; when does a business owner give you his home phone number? I honestly wondered if the previous 10-minute conversation was all in my head. Nicole, I have to say, youre totally cool, because youre eight weeks away from giving birth and you are rocking some serious high heels. In an exclusive sneak peek at the final Kleinfeld's bride of this season on Say Yes to the Dress, airing Sept. 18 on TLC, Elaina Quiles tries on her dream dress .and does not get the reaction . [13], Keasha Rigsby is one of the several bridal consultants at Kleinfeld. The store alleged that Zunino broke his contract by designing bridal gowns for Nolan Miller Inc. Zunino's line, Mark Zunino for Kleinfeld, showed at Bridal Fashion Week in 2016, but Zunino is not included as a designer on the store's website. [4], Ronald (Ronnie) Rothstein is one of the co-owners of Kleinfeld. She attributes her love of fashion to her father, who was a dress contractor. For more than 70 years, thousands of brides have traveled to Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City to find their wedding day looks. Even at an upscale salon like Kleinfeld, current and former employees, including folks who work in shipping, operations, as well as customer service, report health care being "too expensive". Today, a Pnina Tornai is one of the first (if not the first) gowns offered up on Say Yes. 'Say Yes To the Dress' Season 17 premiered on January 5, 2019. Griffin apparently had pranked her assistant by telling her she wouldn't be able to make the appointment instead, she pretended to be a mannequin inside the store, only to surprise Tiffany when she tried on a dress. From Cosmopolitan. [10], Camille Coffey is one of the several bridal consultants at Kleinfeld. Copyright 2023 CELEBRITY PARENTS MAGAZINE. Over the hundreds of episodes, plenty of familiar faces have appeared on the show. He gets the script sent to his home in California, and then speaks with the producer who tells him what's happening, a process that Smith says helps him better connect to the material. But when it comes to a wedding dress, you shouldnt listen to TLC, Trina, or the owners of Kleinfeld. TLC Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo says she was fired from her first job at Kleinfeld Bridal for trying on the gowns. Please pray for Marlo A. Wilson-Alston. Jessica's wedding was actually in May 2019, but the relationship might not have lasted long she reportedly filed for divorce in June 2021. Katz has been with Kleinfeld's for over a decade, and it's no wonder. Like what, you ask? Did you do IVF? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. (Shes too B-list to be a series regular.) In the magical world of reality television, these fairy dressmothers listen to your concerns, respect your budget, and even tell your crabby mother-in-law to can it, if need be.