Pan searing adds more flavor than other options (think golden brown perfection) and it can cook in under 10 minutes on the stovetop! Added in some bay scallops 1/2 and 1/2 with shrimp, Hi Nancy, Cod Recipes Paleo. My favorite is pan seared. I will be definitely making it again! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and lemon juice. Pan Fried Cod is a healthy, lean fish that can be easily added to your dinner rotation. Lastly, if you make this spicy lemon butter shrimp scampi with herbed corn, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I promise, its so good. You could also serve this simply with crusty bread. Transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the cheesecake sit, undisturbed, in the oven in the water bath for 45 minutes as it cools down. Cod will shine with just a few delicious ingredients, such as butter, garlic, lemon juice or even capers. Increase the heat to high and cook until the liquid is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. I have just the ingredients in my fridge! I start this crazy easy seafood dinner out by making my sauce and seasoning the cod fillets, then putting it all together in a baking dish. Thank you. Personally thought the chopped lemon in it was too much and would probably not include the chopped lemon next time and just make the lemon butter. Hi Sharis, I doubled the butter sauce since I had 7 loins. This easy-baked cod is literally dripping in flavor! Lemon Herb Chicken Breast Sour Cream Baked Potato Sunrise Vegetables Peach Crisp Baked Cod Mashed Potatoes Green Peas Chilled Diced Pears Baked Ham Roasted Baby Potatoes Green Beans Frosted Banana Cake Braised Beef & Vegetable Stew Super easy and quick. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I hope you love this recipe! Totally, that would be just fine for you to use:) I hope you love the recipe! Unwilling to skate down the driveway to the grocery store, I made this recipe instead of scallops. Im Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. The extra fat and less water content. Mix and add it to the sauce, bring to a low boil, then remove from heat. xT. Its also slow churned in small batches offering a velvety texture, plus its preserved in foil so it maintains its fabulous flavor and doesnt absorb any off flavors from the fridge. Lastly, if you make this 20 minute lemon butter pasta with ricotta and spicy breadcrumbs, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I dunno, but clearly I am still way too excited that my brother is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Add the lemon juice and cup water. Happy Monday!! Its a quick season, so I really try to enjoy it while its here. Love! 3. One Skillet Lemon Butter Chicken and Orzo, just what tonight needs. Thank you for catching that Simone! My wife really enjoyed the flavors and asked for me to make it again soon. Hi there, I'm Angela! SpendWithPennies.com. This was super quick and easy, so I might try it again with different fish. xTieghan. Its truly amazing. xT. PRO TIP: Use a cake tester or fork to lightly test for doneness. Would frozen be ok? 4. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the cod to cook completely at 400 F degrees. Please read my disclosure policy. Try these weeknight favorites. Hope that helps! Stir in the shrimp, tossing with the butter. DIRECTIONS: 1. Cod should reach an internal temperature of 145F. Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool completely, then chill for at least 6 hours. Thank you for a simple tasty dinner. Ive substituted asparagus and sometimes add chicken as well. Fish are cut into fillets. Starting the week with a dinner thats easy and something you can really look forward to is key. So making this tonight. Everything is served over fresh pasta for a simple, delicious late summer dinner. Hope that helps. But more importantly, pan frying yields that deliciously browned exterior on both sides of the fish. What kind of side dishes would you serve with this recipe? While the pasta cooks, caramelize slices of lemon in butter. A one skillet dinner that is simple and flavorful. Your email address will not be published. Lemon butter cod with orzo and asparagus from Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods (page 243) by Tieghan . Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. So I cut the lemon slices very thin and cooked them more time than the recipe called for around 8 minutes. Hi Meaghan, Thank you for sharing! I appreciate you giving this recipe a try and sharing your feedback!! VARIATIONS: For a crispy topping, add seasonings to some homemade breadcrumbs, crushed crackers, or Panko. This one is a keeper for sure! Bake for 12-15 minutes (will vary by thickness), until the baked cod is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. Great recipe! Its pan seared to achieve a light browning and flavor boost, and you can have it ready in just 25 minutes! There was no bitterness. I didnt have squash so I used a handful of fresh spinach and it was great! Season the cod all over with salt and pepper, then sprinkle it evenly on both sides with flour. Pour off the oil and wipe out the skillet. Im Tieghan, the recipes youll find here are inspired by the people and places I love most. Make Meal Plans and Save your Favorite Recipes. It's pan seared to achieve a light browning and flavor boost, and you can have it ready in just 25 minutes! Remove the chicken from the skillet. My family cant wait until I make it again! Cook 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant. I like to start with the corn. Once oil is sizzling hot, add fish fillets to pan (you may want to do 2 at a time to avoid crowding) and cover with lid ajar, allowing steam to escape. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. 2. It is possible the parsley could have caused the off-taste as it does tend to have a bad flavor when it is old. If youre a spud fan, here are our top 15 best potato recipes to choose from. Jammy Cherry Tomato Pasta with Crisp Lemon Rosemary Chickpeas, Antipasto Pasta Salad with Herby Parmesan Vinaigrette, One Pot Lemon Basil, Asparagus, and Sausage Pasta. Dust the fish with flour, once again, tapping off any excess. Only 5 books can be added to your Bookshelf. Yes, I whipped it in my food processor, which took me an extra five minutes. What to Serve With Lemon Butter Baked Cod. And their recipe hasnt changed since 1895, why change such a good thing? Second time Ive made this in the last month its so delicious. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil in a 913 inch baking dish then place the cod in the dish. I love sharing recipes that are new, fun, and creative as well as great classic recipes just like my Grandma used to make! Use fresh lemon juice, youll need a lemon for slices as well so one whole lemon should do it! Once oil is sizzling hot, add fish fillets to pan (you may want to do 2 at a time to avoid crowding) and cover with lid ajar, allowing steam to escape. White Wine Recipes Cooking. My question is about the nutrition info listed, is it way off? Crusty bread is a must to soak up the delicious pan sauce. Thank you, this is definitely on repeat! Spread the ricotta into bowls. Sprinkle parsley over top and spoon butter over to serve. Rinse the fish and pat very dry with paper towels. Made a half recipe for mine and daughter's lunch one day. Ive never cooked cod myself Ill definitely have to try. Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook!See more posts by Holly. Added bonus? Which brings me to this pasta and the inspiration. We love garlic butter on everything from roast chicken to this easy fish recipe. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Spouse loved this though and requested this become a repeater. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is al dente, about 10 minutes. Here are the ingredients youll need: There are mainly 2 steps to making this cod. Tag us on Instagram at @jocooks or hashtag #jocooks so we can see your creations! This recipe is outstanding! I dont what went wrong, but the sauce was really bad, we had to rinse it off. I will definitely be making this again! All rights reserved. Bake the fish, covered with foil for about 12 minutes at 425 degrees F. While the fish is baking, prepare the sauce. It will be opaque and flake easily once cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Big hit! So, I am a big believer in using what I have on hand. Stir in the lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper. This pasta dish was so good! It can last 3 to 4 days. Ate too quickly to take a photo. Such a great protein recipe!! xxT. Serve topped with fresh basil and thyme. Cook until browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! Like my cod en papillote, this is a crazy easy seafood dish to make and you can use any white fish that you have on hand or available to you. Thank you, Hey Kim, Whether its a busy Wednesday night, or a laidback Saturday with friends and a glass of wine. Its also what my mom and I would always request when my dad would make us our basil butter pasta. Turn the oven off and open the oven door just slightly. Pour enough of the lemon butter sauce to cover the bottom of your baking dish, then arrange your cod fillets into the baking dish on top of the sauce. If you'd like to thicken the sauce make a slurry of 1 tablespoon cornstarch with an equal tablespoon cold water. The bread crumb topping was delicious. Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods. Its sure to become a favorite. In a medium nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. While this isnt a dish I would seek out again, I would make it if I happened to have all of the ingredients. I made this before we left for Korea and it was the perfect easy, healthy, cozy dinner to eat the day before a long flight. Thanks for asking! Since early 2020, I always have frozen cod on hand. Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Thanks a bunch for making this recipe, I love to hear that it was enjoyed!!? Cod fillets or loins are oven-baked over a layer of fresh lemon slices and infused with lemon pepper and garlic butter. Your recipe is quick and easy, one to try in next weeks meal plan! Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved. Pour in the wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil. We love seeing what you made! Will make this again. Drain. Brush the lemon butter over the cod fillets. Finely chop the lemon slices and mix with the basil. Hi Rebeca, 2. Mention, Dinner Recipes, Entrees, Main Course, Main Dish, Seafood. Bonus points to you if its a loaf of garlic ciabatta. Remove the lemon from the skillet. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to pop. It should be barely damp so flour sticks, but dry enough it will brown nicely. Stir to combine, add seasoning (salt & ground white pepper) then allow lemon butter sauce to come to a low simmer. Spread mixture over cod: Sprinkle and spread flour mixture over both sides of the cod fillets (use up all of the mixture). But it does include all the things we love most about a good scampi recipelots of butter, garlic, and lemon. Transfer to serving plates. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. With corn at its best right now, this simple shrimp scampi will be on repeat for the next few weeks. Delicious!! Meanwhile, melt together the butter, garlic, and shallots. Please leave a 5-starrating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. It is 85% butterfat (which is even higher than most European butters coming in at 82% to 83% butterfat, and traditional butter at only 80% butterfat). The key is not to overcook. Add the 2 tablespoons butter and lemon slices. I also used the whole 1 Spicy Lemon Butter Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Corn. I appreciate you making this recipe so often and sharing your comment, so glad to hear it is always a winner! 3. xTieghan. Add the wine and let it come to a boil. Cook it in the butter with garlic and shallots, allowing the butter to turn slightly golden brown. It makes the pasta just a touch more special, which is always ideal. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm. Wow!! Finely chop the lemon slices and mix with the basil. Divide the fillets between 2 plates. Put the flour and beaten egg into 2 separate bowls and season each with a pinch of salt and pepper. Usually it takes one day of thawing in the fridge, never defrost in the microwave or you can ruin the texture and even partially cook it. Just fifteen to twenty minutes is all you need. The lemon slices add a slightly bitter twist that I personally really appreciate, and the whole thing feels sort of reminiscent of chicken piccata, a beloved pasta dish in my household. The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. Pan Fried Cod RecipeCommonly Asked Questions, battered and deep fried for fish and chips. Add the olive oil, the breadcrumbs, capers, and crushed red pepper flakes. I wouldnt prep this recipe the day before:) xx. There are some textural and light flavor differences. Half Pound Maine Lobster Roll** warm butter-poached or traditional with lemon mayo, french fries & coleslaw. ! I love to hear that this recipe turned out well for you, thanks so much for trying it out:). Add the wine to the skillet and de-glaze the pan. This fish is great served with a glass of pinot grigio or other crisp white wines. Add the lemon to the cod on the plate. The chicken was very tender and the orzo was so flavorful! 3. My daughter sent this to me but needed to make this gluten free. Love the bread crumbs. xT, This was excellent and fast! So good the fish was done perfectly on the outside and the seasoning was just the way we like it. Though its common to serve fried cod with cole slaw or french fries, we love serving this lemon-butter cod recipe with rice pilaf and caesar salad. Mar 7, 2020 - This Garlic Butter Baked Salmon recipe makes tender salmon brushed with an incredible garlic butter sauce! Tons of flavor! Make it spicy or mild by increasing or omitting cayenne pepper. The actual cook time varies, depending on thickness, starting temp of fish, and type of pan used. I think I messed up the lemon and ended up with it being far too strong, but otherwise it was amazing. So with maybe a couple of minor tweaks in my future, this recipe is a HIT! In this case, however, your cod recipe is superb. At Eat Your Books we love great recipes and the best come from chefs, authors and bloggers who have spent time developing and testing them. Flip and repeat both lemon butter and seasoning on the other side. Looking for other quick shrimp recipes, try these: Spicy Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp with Parmesan Corn Polenta, Spicy Southern Style Shrimp with Lemon Basil Orzo, Sheet Pan Jalapeo Pineapple Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Garlic Sauce. Pour in the wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil. Once the crumbs are out of the skillet, start boiling the pasta. It was very flavorful and delicious. The two biggest reasons are flavor and time. So glad to hear that this recipe turned out well for you, thanks so much for making it! I appreciate you making this recipe and sharing your review, I love to hear that it was a hit! Whether you need to get dinner on the table for your family tonight or are planning your next get-together with friends, the Half Baked Harvest Every Day cookbook has your new favorite recipe. I have updated the nutritional information. Here, youll find smart strategies for simple yet delicious meals your family will love. While your last fish fillets are cooking, heat up small pan of prepared lemon-garlic mixture over medium-high, stirring just until bubbly. Normally I have made it for family only so never worry about sides. Heres the linkif youd like to watch. FISH: Fresh or frozen cod is easy to find and affordable. Tip? This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.*. Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram. In a small to medium size saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Delicious! In a small mixing bowl whisk together flour, paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. If you dont want to use wine, you can use 1/4 cup chicken broth with 1 tsp vinegar as a substitute. Im not a huge fish fan, but this recipe was really good! Could eat this every night. Start with melting the butter in a skillet. Do not overcook. I love to hear that it was enjoyed:) Sorry this took you longer than expected!