Just as KBS promised the TGI graphite shaft produced some very good optimal numbers too, theyd be a very sensible choice for golfers looking to avoid the shock and vibration of using steel shafts. Max 80 Steel - Kbs The TGI is the companys lowest launching and spinning graphite iron shaft, its pretty strong and stout, so decent players often like it. Im upgrading to Tailor-made M4 irons with a Max 85 Shaft. Tour - Kbs KBS MAX 80 Steel Iron Shaft R/S/X Combo Flex - GolfWorks Theres a distinct feeling of the shaft loading and kicking during the swing. my cousin ordered custom clubs from a local shop beginning oct 2021. I am going to get a set of Mizuno mp-18 blade irons. Expect Better Shots, More Often - Golf is an interesting sport. The Stiff or a Regular Max 85? 2022 Taylormade Stealth iron set 4-PW irons KBS Max MT 85 Stiff Flex Steel These irons are in stock and if purchased prior to 4pm Eastern any business day, will ship same day from our warehouse. Best Nippon or True Temper Product Models as an alternative choice??? Powered by GSA Global. 9. We try to point out the key facets and reveal flaws, if any, to help you to make an informed decision.. We take great care to accurately convey these details and hope you'll also have a chance to see that we offer the same excellent communication and service throughout your experience with us. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for TaylorMade SIM MAX 9 Iron Stiff Flex Steel KBS Max 85 Shaft! TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set 4-PW+AW KBS Max MT 85 Steel Stiff Flex NEW KBS MAX 80 Steel Shaft - GolfPunkHQ Love them:). Right or Left Hand. Did you see a lower flight from the X100 in your fitting? Incredibly classic silhouette with retro Jordan flavor. If youre currently playing Dynamic Gold, the weight difference is negligible. GForce Putter NXT-GEN Putting Trainer Review, https://pluggedingolf.com/kbs-tour-v-iron-shaft-review/, Zurich Classic of New Orleans Recap - Plugged In Golf, Adams Golf Introduces the Return of Golf Equipment, Apparel and Accessories. Both shafts are lightened steel, so the weights are similar to lightweight graphite iron ranges. Where the $-Taper felt brilliant and could well be his perfect match within the KBS family. Learn More INTRODUCING THE KBS GOLF X RETROBUILD Love your current club heads but looking to fine tune your game? Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. TaylorMade SIM MAX 9 Iron Stiff Flex Steel KBS Max 85 Shaft! TaylorMade 2020 SIM Max OS Combo Set - 4h5h & 6-PW,AW Graphite Stiff Flex NEW, TaylorMade's 2020 SIM Max Stiff Iron Sets Choose Set/Steel or Graphite NEW, TaylorMade Stealth Hybrid/Iron Combo Set 3h4h&5-PW - All Graphite Stiff NEW, Orlimar Hip Steel NS Pro 840 Steel Stiff Flex 8pc Iron Set (4-PW+SW) - NEW, TaylorMade RBZ 4 Iron XP100 Steel Stiff Flex - Plays 38.75" - NEW, TaylorMade Stealth Approach-Sand-Lob Wedges - Choose Loft & Shaft+Flex - NEW, Matrix Ozik Program F15 85g .370 Parallel Graphite Iron Shafts 7pc SET Regular, Callaway Epic Max HZRDUS Smoke iM10 70g Stiff Flex 3 &5 Fairway Wood SET - NEW, TaylorMade 2020 SIM Max OS Approach Wedge (48) Graphite Regular Flex - NEW, TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set 4-PW+AW KBS Max MT 85 Steel Stiff Flex NEW. In typical KBS fashion, the brand make three graphite models (all are available in numerous weights and flexes), heres what you need to know about them. KBS bread maker with automatic fruit and nut dispenser gives each pan of bread a unique and delicious taste. GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, April 24, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, April 17, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, April 10, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, March 27, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, March 20, By Theres lots of misunderstanding around lighter iron shafts. Unfortunately you're at the mercy of Taylormade/Callawayto provide information about their custom versions. KBS MAX 80 designed for players seeking to maximize the performance of their irons. With the all-new Stealthirons, you'll play less golf, more often! After tip trimming and prepping, the shafts are butt trimmed to the desired final playing length*. What is an alternative choice for the KBS Tour S shaft? Size: 20: Golf Club Flex: Regular: Hand Orientation: Right: Golf Club Loft: 3 Degrees: Material: Steel: Brand . Availability. 1. Select a Style. im just wondering for him, if there was something similar to these that he mightget his clubs quicker. Company number: 1394141; Registered office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6EA and H Bauer Publishing, If you prefer a heavy weight iron shaft, but want a smoother feel, KBS Tour is for you. KBS specifically target a steel-like feel from their graphite shafts. Clear editor. In our KBS Tour franchise we go from 130g to 90g in 5g increments (nine different weights), so golfers get what they need. Theres the occasional discussion on the internet from time to time about KBS Tour being counterbalanced and building to lower swingweights (I presume in comparison to DG). That's rightyou get a brand new, still-in-the-plastic club to try for two weeks for just $25. KBS MAX 80 designed for players seeking to maximize the performance of their irons. It is part of the KBS Max lineup, which includes the Max 80 and Max 90 shafts. In golf feel is a huge thing. Sorry, this product cannot be shipped internationally. Quantity. MAX - KBS GolfX Retrobuild Ive been gaming the original KBS since 2009 w/ my Mizuno MP 58s MMC. To my knowledge, KBS has not changed the original KBS Tour since it was released. are the buyer's responsibility. To ensure KBS have shafts to suit every golfers speed they produce ultralight Max and Max CT80 shafts as well. Will adding an after market dampening rod help the vibration issues of your shafts. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2022 Taylormade Stealth iron set 4-PW irons KBS Max MT 85 Stiff Flex Steel at the best online prices at eBay! For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. Please turn it on so that you can experience the full capabilities of this site. Or this shaft is for iron only (3-9,P)? A hundred of those years were dominated by hickory shafts. The KBS Max 85 shaft is available in four different flexes: R, S, X, and TX. Six weights mean the model can suit from 57mph to 94mph players. Scott has been a Tour shaft player for years (think of his smooth, under-control swing) whereas Woodland is a big strong hitter of the ball, so hes a C-Taper guy all day long. 10. Required fields are marked *. With this iron shaft there is no whipping and very smooth, I am 62 Years old but still can swing a club and I am very impressed with the combo, spending a little extra money for your irons is well worth it. Thoughts on the two shafts? Theyve done such a good job fulfilling their brief several tour players swear its not actually graphite. Incorporating unique KBS technology, the KBS TOUR maximizes energy transfer for increased shot control. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. At the start we were a couple of guys just trying to understand. I am trying to find out if these are regular or stiff, nothing on the shafts say either regular or stiff. You can literally twist the head in your hand. hi You could have a club builder check their CPM to get an idea of that. While we are not professional photographers, we are players, and we strive to capture the true essence of each item. If you play the Tour shaft youll likely enjoy this wedge model too. We apologize for the lighting reflections of the shrink wrap, however our goal is to make sure you get exactly what you see. Whats the weight? Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site. Ive never noticed the KBS Tour to feel strongly counterbalanced, so Ive never taken the time to measure. The KBS Max 85 shaft is available in four different flexes: R, S, X, and TX. 2020 Official Member Review: Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid Shaft They alleviate decisions around whether to go regular flex for more distance or stiff for increased accuracy. How to Get the Golf Channel Without Cable, MOI Technology helps reduce twisting during the swing, Provides high launch and low spin for longer, straighter shots, May not be suitable for golfers with slower swing speeds, Higher price point compared to some other shaft options. The shaft also has a mid-high kick point, which is suited for players with a medium to fast swing speed. Thanks to their low kick point and high launch properties the Max shafts regularly make an appearance in stronger lofted irons (think TaylorMade Stealth and Callaway Big Bertha B21). I would suggest working with a fitter before you lay down your money. For players who dont go at iron shots full tilt Lite models can be a really good option as club speeds increase and shots launch higher. The shaft is also designed to be responsive, giving golfers a good feel for the clubhead throughout the swing. Please respond to my email address submitted, already get your newsletter. 4-PW+AW Steel Shaft with Standard Specs (4-5-6-7-8-9-PW-AW = 8 Clubs) - Right Handed. Driver swing speed of 95-98 mph So, short answer: Im not sure. It produces a high trajectory and spin rate for longer distance shots. Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. Description. Select your subscriptions from a range of popular titles. Please try again. MAX GRAPHITE IRON $ 64.95 - $ 84.95 PINPOINT YOUR PUTTING Introducing the KBS Graphite Putter Shaft (GPS), made from premium crafted composite materials and fibers to ensure stability and accuracy on the greens. The NEW KBS MAX GRAPHITE IRON is designed for a wide range of players seeking to MAXimize the performance of their iron shafts with trajectory, spin, and distance in a consistent, lighter weight package, making it easier for you to produce performance on every shot. Five weights mean the model can suit swing speeds from 51 to 82mph. Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing. What might someone whos knowledgeable in this area suggest as a similar feel/kick that a kbs max mt 85 replacementwould provide? This results in more consistent performance and uniform feel from club to club. With the all-new Stealthirons, you'll play less golf, more often! Built-in 8 Cooking Programs, Never So Easy to Cook! KBS MAX 80 is a lightweight shaft for mid-high handicap players. Hi is the True Temper XP 115 S300 (fitted, 88swing speed, mid launch and 6200 spin with 6i) a comparable shaft to the Tour Stiff? * The club number and or loft is require for tip prepping on most parallel (.335" and .370") golf shafts. Thanks. 85 mph 6 iron with medium tempo and release lines up with a KBS Tour S. I wouldn't go R unless you are sensitive to feel and hate the feel of a stiff shaft. Created by renowned shaft designer Kim Braly and forged from Tour player feedback, the KBS Tour Series features the most advanced steel shaft technology in the industry. Customer service may require further information before proceeding with your order. And to demonstrate how important finding the right family is KBS say to look at Adam Scott and Gary Woodland. Golfworks Hosel Brush Honing Wire Tool for Irons - Cleans Out Hosels, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, KBS MAX Graphite Iron 85 Stiff Flex Golf Shaft - .370 Parallel Tip, Health & fitness magazines included in Kindle Unlimited, Weight designates flex: 85 Gram Stiff Flex. STIFF TARGET FLEX: Minimum Trim (KBS) SHAFT WEIGHT: 103g SHAFT MODEL: KBS TOUR 90 - REGULAR SHAFT WEIGHT: 99g TARGET FLEX: Maximum Trim (KBS) 5" CLAMP 2.5" CLAMP NOTES: Mid - High Trajectory But, to highlight how shaft technology helps you hit better iron shots more often weve taken a look at the full KBS line-up. Hi , I am 47 and my handicap is 13, I ordered for Miura MC-501 iron sets but little confused whether i am gonna fit KBS Tour R 110 g or Stiff 120 g !!! Any thought on which would be more comparable to my existing shafts? A further Tour FLT (Flighted) shaft model launches long irons higher and short irons lower for a more optimised set. How did the Frequency Matching idea come about? Thank you, J.Baker. KBS Tour Iron Shaft Review - Plugged In Golf You just cant do that with steel, but you dont need that as much in irons. Graphite irons shafts are massively misunderstood in the modern game. Their advice is to play the flex you need. KBS make 16 different iron shafts; why so many? The Max 85 is also a progressive-weight shaft, meaning that the weight increases as you move up in flex. He jumped into the fight with the KBS Tour, and has converted thousands of golfers, including major champions, to his brand. Each of our profiles do different things. Introduction Most people would look at the stranglehold that Dynamic Gold and Project X have on the heavy weight iron shaft market and choose another battle to fight. LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X 5-PW: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: Jet Black 50 . Pasted as rich text. Does it get old telling people to work with a fitter to find the best shaft for them? Availability. M6 5-PW, AW Iron Set w/ KBS Max 85 Steel Shafts We could match a whole set to the club they felt most comfortable and confident with. All Rights Reserved. See What Members Are Saying! Typically the model suits stronger golfers, and players can expect a 5% lower ball flight than True Tempers Dynamic Gold. Averaging 98mph club head speed with 7-iron. Numbers on the trackman are neck and neck. Half flexes (R+ and S+) are brilliant for golfers that sit on the fence between two flexes. Today, the correct fit for players is often a flex and a half stiffer than we recommended 15 years ago. He's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. All three KBS pillar players iron shafts come in the same five weights, so golfers get to choose based on the launch, spin, and ball flight desired for their own game. Thanks in advance. Ive enjoyed dialling in the KBS Tour Lite (steel) and KBS PGI (Players Graphite Iron shaft) to be everyman golf shafts over the last two years. KBS graphite iron shaft swing speed recommendations Get it right the first time Sorry, this product cannot be shipped internationally. The KBS Max 85 is a graphite shaft that uses a unique construction process called Moment of Inertia (MOI) Technology. We promise to never spam you, and just use your email address to identify you as a valid customer. TAGS: Golf Junk, Golf Equipment, Golf Shaft, KBS, KBS Shafts, Equipment , 2017 The Max graphite is the highest launching and spinning graphite iron shaft in the KBS line-up. At the end of the day, KBS are all about the consumer. Graphite irons shafts are easier on the body. "The MT stands for Micro-Taper," says Bovee. Equally the Max graphite climbed to its peak height very early in its flight, which at lower speeds will be a real benefit in maximising carry distance. We were custom fitting without really knowing it. KBS TGI 95 Tour R+ Flex Graphite Iron Shafts - .355 Taper Tip $79.95. Fast and Forgiving Face with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology - The 450 stainless steel face has an intelligently positioned sweet spot that spans the most common impact points, delivering explosive ball speeds and consistency in all the right places. All registered in England and Wales. Most of the action is in the middle of the shaft, so you dont sacrifice a stable tip to get this smooth feel. TIA KBS provides custom versions of the MAX shafts to OEMs like Taylormde and Callaway. In this review, we examine why. Stock advice: work with a fitter to find a good solution. This allows golfers to choose the flex that best matches their swing speed and tempo. $787.49 $499.98 Save 37%. In relation to frequency the lightest shaft in the bag (the driver) will be the stiffest. Are they the same or similar? The only way to know which shaft is best is to get fit. racingdc9, July 30, 2021 in WRX Club Techs. Please especially see photos below featuring the 5 Iron and Pitching Wedge to see close up views of the face profile and playing positions. Even a novice can easily make the perfect bread! Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Taylormade Stealth Iron Set 5-Pw, Aw Stiff Flex Kbs Max Mt 85 Steel 1087576 Good at the best online prices at eBay! The better you hit it,the fewer shots you take during a round,and the less you actually play golf. Was this a custom option made for taylormade or a stock option in the p790s? Simple to use and works great! Every shaft Ive ever designed has been designed with a type of player in mind. Important Note: Please provide Current contact information. This product can expose you to chemicals including black (airborne, unbound particles of respirable size), which is know to the State of California to cause cancer. KBS have a reputation for making good feeling shafts because golfers get shafts with the correct load at impact, which naturally feels good. This is not to say that the shaft isnt stable. One of the key advantages of the KBS Max 85 shaft is its excellent feel and feedback. Thanks to being a high balance point model (so weight is positioned closer to the grip), golfers get a slightly softer feel and good feedback at the top of the swing. While we are not professional photographers, we are players, and we strive to capture the true essence of each item. What does the KBS Tour 120 shafts compare to vs S300 shaft? Each KBS shaft fits into a matrix, weve worked on them one at a time, and the line-up is nearly 100% complete. We learned all sorts. Updated other options based on this selection . KBS MAX 80 designed for players seeking to maximize the performance of their irons. Which 2023 KBS iron shaft is best for you? | Today's Golfer Launch monitors have helped people understand ball flight, spin, height and launch. You are now being redirected to USchedule, a site outside of pgatoursuperstore.com. They were a breakthrough. Hi Matt, I currently play TaylorMade R9 irons with a Taylormade 90 by FST Stiff shaft. Its a model for golfers who really need help launching shots high into the air to maximise carry distance. The PGI was developed to bring a steel-like feel to graphite and its a step up from the lower launching and spinning TGI. Hi, I cannot find the perfect balance and feel I had on my old Pings i15 with the first version of the kbs tour S. What was the weight of those shafts? Adding nearly 30 grams will be a significant change. Source: TaylorMade Golf. They will be very similar to the KBS MAX standard shafts but there will be slight differences. I think there both lighter than my existing shaft. Its also a great choice for players who are seeking a slightly higher ball flight from their iron play. Same Great KBS TOUR feel & performance, in a LITE . Your link has been automatically embedded. Pingback: Zurich Classic of New Orleans Recap - Plugged In Golf. Your USchedule login information is separate from your PGA TOUR Superstore login. Company number: LP003328; Registered office: The Lantern, 75 Hampstead Road, London NW1 2PL Flex Stiff Length Standard Lie Angle Standard Shaft FST KBS Max MT 85 Steel Grip Standard Has Headcover No Has Tool No Shaft Material Steel Style N6978109 SKU 1055889-ABA-2B7-AGG View all TaylorMade Clubs Have a Question? It has the benefits of both steel and graphite and I don't really perceive any downside. Graeme. Featuring a constant taper design and proportionate increase in wall thickness, the C-TAPER KBS TGI TOUR GRAPHITE IRON SHAFTS (0.355), KBS TOUR CUSTOM BLACK PEARL WEDGE SHAFTS (0.355), KBS TOUR CUSTOM WHITE PEARL WEDGE SHAFTS (0.355), KBS C-TAPER LITE BLACK MATTE SHAFTS (0.355). Tour Edge Exotics E722 3 Hybrid / Sik DW Plumber Neck, PADERSON KINETIX IRON SHAFTS 5-PW RP 20 ( REGULAR FLEX ) .370 TIP. Stiff . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Taylormade M4 Iron Set 4-PW, Stiff Flex KBS Max 85 Steel at the best online prices at eBay! Handicap on way up. Percussion massage to relieve tension and stiffness. The brands 610 wedge shaft was designed to complement the Tour V shaft.