Kat Corbett, P!nk, I'm honored to be on the air for the kick-off event live on location interviewing riders. Thats love. Goo Goo Dolls, Nirvana, 37:22 Download April 27th. The Beatles, AC/DC, Dave Hoeffel, All of this was new to him. Music you grew up with to the sounds of today. Author-Broadcaster. 1 on any sports anthem list that matters. It was awakened when I saw the inside of a TV studio in Boston when I was seven. Rush, System Of A Down, Jaybeau Jones's radio career has brought him from New York City's #1 station Z-100 and America's Top 40 to WROR! Buddy Holly, Yes! America Joined April 2013. If you happen to have classic airchecks, maybe even of yourself on the air, we'd love to share it here! Dowd has now authored his first book, Heroes, Mentors and Friends, which in his words, "takes us on a journey of heartfelt stories about positive people reminding us why we got into the business we love called radio. Chumbawamba, Goo Goo Dolls, Worcester, Massachusetts. Do you have three hours? Bring music & entertainment wherever you go with SiriusXM. Salt-N-Pepa, I did a break recently that did just that: "An 18-wheeler in Florida turned over, destroying 60,000 pounds of Busch beer. Kim Ashley, Merle Haggard, I just wonder how many shows are really and truly live. Also, on a bit of a tangent, my god 70s on 7 really needs to quit with the cheesy station ID bullshit, its almost every song they have to play the 70s on 7 jingle shit, and EVERY DJ on the channel has to do that stupid hit the post stuff where they talk right up until the lyrics come in. (The blue kind that had the round back. My friend Dee Snider is a great radio talent. Guy taught me not only programming and music strategies, he was generous in sharing lessons that he learned. Creedence Clearwater Revival, Ive been blessed to have worked with the best and learned from the best. Lady Gaga, Beach Boys, The 30 year broadcasting veterans resume includes programming and on air experience on SIRIUS XM 70s on 7. @Jaybeau70. It's a very inspiring event. REM, Simon & Garfunkel, It was an unbelievable experience. JayBeau Jones's Professional Skills Radar My dad was a very positive loving guy. Meaning, why have you not made it to the Big Time?. Chaka Khan, Danny Valentino, Air Supply, Lisa Evans, Robert Cray, Author: "Heroes Mentors and Friends" @ Jaybeau Jones Program Director @ CBS RADIO Boston-WBMX/WODS Director Of Operations, Citadel Worcester @ Citadel Broadcasting Fill in for Rick @ Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Air talent @ WXKS Air talent @ WXKS WKSC-WUBT-Chicago-Program Director @ Clear Channel Communications Program Director-WKSS Hartford @ Clear Channel Broadcasting Vice President-Programming @ WKSS Kiss95.7 FM Announcer @ Z 100 New York, Extraversion (E), Intuition (N), Feeling (F), Judging (J), There's 94% chance that JayBeau Jones is seeking for new opportunities, Managing Director at Topsalestv Ltd MinstMM, CEO/A&R/Director of Promotions/Booking Agent at From The Depths Entertainment, Defence Correspondent at BBC News Kristine Stone, Meg Griffin, Earle Bailey, Madison, Spyder Harrison/JJ Walker, and Im sure plenty others. 1,288 Following. Talk about classic AT40 shows, hosted by Casey Kasem and Shadoe Stevens Poison, WROR Reveals New Daytime Lineup. When they were filming the movie Ted, here, I got to meet Seth MacFarlane! Two more greats that I must mention: First is my friend and mentor Steve Kingston. Before joining WROR she previously worked at 92.9 WBOS and 93.7 WCGY. Then you have 15 minutes to text it to 40772 or enter it below for yo. Im thrilled beyond words.. (877-747-4967) Midnight countdowns for each US Time Zone! Unfortunately, personalized Cameo videos are non-refundable. Cascada, However, last week, I was in the shower, listening to 70s on 7, and Jaybeau Jones talks about how Alex Trebek had passed away, and the news had broke only minutes before he mentioned it, which says to me he was broadcasting live. The influence was just a feeling, but a very powerful one. We also talk about radio broadcasting. At night, JJ Walker is the biggest sounding jock on the air in all 50 states! Im talking about feeling it like its done where we assume the feeling from the end. Is there anything celebrities wont do in my personalized Cameo video? Thats really the message inHeroes Mentors and Friends. Plus groups like Matchbox Twenty, Nickelback, Maroon 5, Seether, and Mumford & Sons. I listen to Matt and JJ and say how did they just do that? If you want to be blown away and feel good, listen to Kids show on SiriusXM Hits 1. Find & stream your favorite decades music channels on SiriusXM. Doing a national show is a little different than a local show. The chapter titled Renewal: The Awakening is very powerful and really resonates what is truly important in life. Earle Bailey, Candy O'Terry, also known as Candy O, is a radio broadcaster, podcaster, singer, songwriter, and speaker coach. On '70s on 7, I have learned so much from the legendary Magic Matt in the morning and JJ Walker, who I worked with at Eagle in Philly. Toto, Led Zeppelin, . Duran Duran, Steve gave me the gift of cracking the mic from the top of the Empire State Building the (still) amazing Z-100/New York. Bob & LBF in the Morning Podcast; More Podcasts; Galleries; The Bob & LBF in the Morning Podcast; Wicked Fast Podcast; More Podcasts; Galleries; . Heidi might be moving out of New England to be closer to Jaybeau Jones, who currently works for SiriusXM's '70s on 7. It's awesome that my grown-up kids work in Boston and get to hear 'ROR. Used to like Handsome Dick Manitoba before he got canned and Andrew Loog Oldham before he retired. and j****[emailprotected], JayBeau Jones's business email Neil Diamond, This next thought is hard to grasp at first but once we do, peace and happiness begin to pursue us rather than the reverse: There are no imperfections. Maroon 5, WhisperingPine1997 8 mo. In Car + On the SXM App. George Harrison, Username. Ultimately, what do you hope the readers come away with thinking after reading the book? Yello, Countess of Chester Hospital. Kidd sounds as great today as he did on Z100. 24hr . Christopher Cross, We have a full-time video department that is always there to help us make creative content. Aerosmith, Listen to boy bands like NSYNC, Boyz II Men, and B2K, plus female phenoms Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette, Shania Twain, and Whitney Houston. Covino, Luther Vandross, Bobby Watman, Madonna, The Shins, SiriusXM's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio. Thank you to Jay Gleason at Inside Radio for coverage of my panel at #nabshow. Muddy Waters, BET and iHeartMedia Partner to Air The Breakfast iHeartMedia Celebrates Musics Biggest Stars With 10th Audacy Names Jenna Weiss-Berman Executive Vice Presiden Seymour Stein, Co-Founder of Sire Records, Passes Away at 80, Aimee Brooks Named New Nighttime Host For WRIF-FM/Detroit, KBKS (HITS 106.1)/Seattle Announces Nina Hajian Joins The Jubal Show, ALTGO Share New Single, Sign With Arista Records, Stacie Waldrop Named Digital Sales Manager For Beasley Media Group Tampa. The Four Seasons, Taylor Swift, Pink Floyd, The Gap Band, Kelly Clarkson, Hear new wave, hip-hop, and mainstream bands, such as Duran Duran, Talking Heads, Beastie Boys, and R.E.M. Big Jim Sykes, What was the inspiration for you to write the book? I said "I need to try that. Please enter your username or email address to reset your password. NWA, At WHTT in Boston, morning guy Bruce Kelly started calling me Jaybo so I started using it on the air. 70s on 7 - Sirius XM Satellite Radio - Jay Beau Jones - May 22 2014 - Radio Aircheck This aircheck is from Sirius XM 70s on 7, with some classic Jam jingles from the 1970s, and jock Jay Beau Jones.Feel free to check out some of the many other videos on the Ellis B Feaster's Radio Channel! The OFFICIAL page for SIRIUS XM 70s on 7! We all put petty differences aside to feel for others and put others first. Bob Buchmann, In the book I share how synchronicity connected me to Guy. Athletes. His on-air show was much different than his "booth announcer style." $6/month for 12 months. For a list of things that we don't allow, please take a look at our. Wells . Music Showcase. While they are pretty open to most suggestions, celebrities have final say whether they will accept or decline a video. The Four Seasons, It's a joy to connect with the audience every break, on the phone or on social media. The inimitable Freddie Mercury wouldve celebrated his 70th birthday today, Sept.5, had his life not been tragically cut short bycomplications from AIDS in 1991. Johnny Cash, His response was "Ah, you don't go here. I came up with an online contest called Abtober, inviting dudes to submit pictures of their six-packs, asking listeners to vote. He was theatrical, lavish, tortured, free, berated andbeloved. Bon Jovi, Getting ready for 'ROR and SiriusXM each day, I say "okay geez what am I gonna do today that's a little different from yesterday? When Game Of Thrones came to Boston for a tie in with AT&T, Heidi and I were there shooting video and sharing photos of actual Game of Thrones show props. The impact Buzz has made on these stations is present every day. Here are their picks. Jamie Johnson. As time went on I really wanted to be one of those amazing, big sounding "jocks.". His broadcast career highlights include JB 105 Providence from 1979-84; New York City's Z-100, and filling for Rick Dees in 2007 on the national countdown show "The Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 . As you are reading this Id like to share a quote from Henry D. Thoreau: If we will be quiet and ready enough we find compensation in every disappointment. To me that means there is no bad luck. My Chemical Romance, The short answer: love, passion, and grit. Boston is such an awesome, provincial city. The Proclaimers, Pretenders, Ranger Doug, Guns & Roses, Today, people are craving simpler times. She is an amazing jock and VO talent. Revisit the days of grunge and punk with tracks by Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and Goo Goo Dolls. Andrews Sisters, Jodeci, KoRn, Frequently Asked Questions about JayBeau Jones. Phil Collins, We can help. Nov 9, 2012. I did an 'ROR break recently when I was playing "Is She Really Going Out With Him" by Joe Jackson: "Today when we get dumped we cry on Facebook, in the '80s we wrote a song like Joe Jackson." Every era and genrebe it Motown hits or the classic rock and pop of the 50s & 60s; disco, glam, and vocal powerhouses from the 70s & 80s; or grunge, punk, and the girl and boy bands from the 90s on. Guy is a mentor not just to me but to our industry. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other Sirius/XM customers, is by calling their 866-635-5020 phone number for their Cancel Services department. Public Enemy, Mark Goodman, True happiness can be found by putting others first. Adele, Carol Miller, 0. Gary Craig on WTIC FM in Hartford is amazing. Kenny, Harry James, https://lnkd.in/evbnKU9q Alex D., JayBeau Jones is 70's on 7 Mid-day Host Sunday to Friday 12n-6pm, JayBeau Jones's personal email Jaybeau Jones. Jaybeau is also entertaining the nation on Sirius XM's "70's on 70 channel. Julia Cunningham, 7), The ultimate stadium anthem Got to be No. I stormed in to the new PD to complain. Caity Babs, Everyone knows what a great company Greater Media is. What a great jock! Are there plans for a second book? Madison, Devereaux has been with WROR since 2000 and is returning to a midday slot she filled from 2002 until 2008. One great example: Paul McCartney is on Twitter. @SIRIUSXM @siriusxmcanada and the # SXM app! Drake, I am procuring my Mot & Chandon from my pretty cabinet to toast one of the top five, in my never humble opinion, greatest rock n roll vocalists of all time, Freddie Mercury. https://lnkd.in/evbnKU9q Our midday talent is the amazing Julie Devereaux. Justin Bieber, Lauryn Hill/Fugees, Jos Mangin, OMGI could write another book on that! Matt Sebastian, We are both GoT geeks. Tommy London, Once you receive your Cameo video link, you'll have the option to turn on 'CC' at the top right corner of the video player. As someone who sees and understands the power of faith, what words can you impart to those who struggle with lifes imperfections? What a gift. Daft Punk, Megless Griffin, Through the hard times, the grit gets you through it. The Killers, Gotta be 9/4/71 since SXM aired 9/11/71 last year. Iron Maiden, The UltraMagnetic Mc's, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, You can always download the Cameo to your device, and it will live in your Cameo account. Kool Moe Dee, DJ K Yung, He is one of the most creative and innovative programmers I have ever worked for. SiriusXM video library of in-studio shows & performances; Get Streaming Platinum. Def Leppard, Posting relevant and compelling content on social media is now a major part of our daily show prep. The Cure, In the 2000s, Harrison joined Sirius-XM Satellite Radio as a host on its 70s on 7 station, again as J.J. Walker, and today (2012) hosts the "Weekend Countdown" on Sirius-XM Hits 1. https://lnkd.in/evbnKU9q Honestly Mark, I have so much gratitude that it all makes me proud and humble that I get to do this, still. "In the 70s, we didn't need a dating coach, we had Tom Jones.". Wu Tang Clan, Alanis Morissette, Copyright 2023 All Access Music Group. Shaggy, In the book I call it The Inside Me. We all have it. Myra Scheer, George Strait, I always like songs that refer to radio and recordsand Billy hits on both in The Entertainer Youve heard my latest record Its been on the radio (and in the next verse) But if I go cold I wont get sold Ill get put in the back in the discount rack., Click here to start listening at home siriusxm.com/listenathome, Movin Out JJ Walker (Sunday Friday 6 pm ET andSaturdays 6 am ET), The Entertainer Dennis The Menace (Weekends), Customer Agreement & Website Terms of Use. Put on your dancing shoes for KC & The Sunshine Band and Village People. Jaybeau is also entertaining the nation on Sirius XM's "70's on 70 channel. Michael McDonald, Gary Numan, New England and Boston are known for history, sports, MIT, Haaaarvard, the Kennedys and the accent. 5.00 (2) Book a personalized video $25. Contacting Sirius/XM - by phone or otherwise. This answer could be answered as part of the longevity question above. Maybe thats the true meaning of star.. Right there, that opens up a world of ideas. Kiss, But a voice withintold me to do something that I had never done. Demi Lovato, Jeannie Seely, If you dont like the way something looks, change the way you look at it. Wayne Dyer, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Boston, Massachusetts. My hero Rick Dees let me fill in for him and with him on the countdown in 2007. My WROR PD Ken West inspires me daily to be the best. The Platters, Beatles, Bruno Mars, But a favorite of mine was when I was the PD of Hot AC Mix 1041 here. Established in 2008! Rage Against The Machine, Marc Benecke, U2, I was impressed at how natural he was in front of a TV camera and audience. Steely Dan, In the book I share the story of how Dannys new found fame and career reinvention was INSTANT from the moment he cracked the mic at WEGX. This website uses cookies. Willie Nelson, volunteering in hawaii for room and board-evolution golf cart forumevolution golf cart forum Johnny Carson did it every night talking about "Burbank." Youve worked at many great radio stations during your long career. Freddie was a genius!, Jaybeau Jones/Afternoons on70s on 7 (Ch. So we asked our 70s on 7 hosts to give us their favorite Billy Joel tunes. After over 40 years working on the radio, I have recorded lots of radio airchecks, and many from my friends as well. New Order, Tom Petty, Now I play it on SiriusXM 70s on 7. Listen to music, live sports play-by-play, talk & entertainment radio and & favorite podcasts. Visit our, Beasley Appoints Mike Cutchall As Las Vegas VP/Market Manager, Ramona Halloway To Move From WLNK Mornings to Radio One Charlotte Community Affairs Manager, Cort Johnson Joins 98.1 The Breeze For Mornings As Jack Kulp Retires, Christen Limon Rises To KYSR Music Coordinator, WKHX Launches Amanda & Garrett In Middays. Perry Como, Queen's unique ability to blend baroque pop and opera . I did my first break on WORC in Worcester, MA playing Vehicle by The Ides of March. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Swedish Egil, Britney Spears, The actual hands on writing started in 2010 but the real focus kicked in this time last year. You'll find audio of many radio personalities who have passed away. Def Leppard, Kristine Stone, [1] Chosen by her peers as the Massachusetts Broadcaster of the Year in 2015, she is the recipient of 42 national and 23 local awards for excellence as an interviewer and host. There never was and never will be a frontman quite like him. Pink Floyd, May 15, 2018 Episodes Dan Thibeault. My favorite part of WROR in Boston is being on WROR in Boston! Fallon teases New York; Kimmel and Conan poke fun at LA. Brad Paisley, The lesson Our Spiritual Muscle: Like after a big work out, our muscles pump up, then diminish, leaving some growth on the muscle. Connectingwith key decision-makers? Waylon Jennings, JayBeau Jones Afternoon Host WROR Boston and 70's on 7 Mid-day Host Sunday to Friday 12n-6pm at Sirius XM Radio Inc. Boston, MA. Fox and Kirk Cameron TV characters, a kid that was more of an adult. Matchbox Twenty, Tim McGraw, Technology helps.' Les Brown, Welcome '22 with @70sOn7 on the @AllRequest # NewYearsEve LIVE! Luc Carl, Rant over. Blink-182, Arcade Fire, Reality TV. He was theatrical, lavish, tortured, free, berated and beloved. listen!' Also, it's awesome and encouraging to see the commitment that Beasley EVP/Programming Justin Chase has made and to see the continued success of WROR since Beasley took us over. The Cars, Of course, the obvious change is the addition of social media and video content to station brands. Find accurate personal and work emails for over 250M professionals. During checkout, youll provide the details the celeb will need to make the perfect personalized video. j****[emailprotected], His successful career has paved the way for him to meet some wonderful people through the years. TEDx Speaker | TV Host | Radio Personality. Oh boy did I get to have some fun with Jack Hopewell talking ALL THINGS theater. . The Beatles, Alan Hunter, Led Zeppelin, Alabama, You can check the status of your Cameo request through the link provided in your confirmation email. He was a very powerful influence. Pantera, Jones, previously programmed CBS Hot AC Mix 98.5 WBMX and Classic Hits 103.3 WODS in the market along with long runs programming in Chicago, Hartford, and Worcester. You can check the status of your request in the Cameo app or through the link in your confirmation email. He's also worked in Chicago, Philadelphia, Hartford, and Worcester. When its ready, well send it directly to you. I also have to mention Dick Smith who gave me my first break at WORC-A/Worcester and my good friend and mentor Mike Waite, who gave me a shot at JB-105 in Providence. Im blessed to have so many that Im humbled by your question. . Can you briefly summarize how you got to that point in your life? Eddie Vedder, When the Talent fulfills your request, you'll receive a notification and email with a link to view the completed personalized Cameo video! By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. ", And I loved listening to WRKO/Boston, WABC and WLS. Of course, Premiere aired 9/4/71 last year, so those of us that recorded that show can take a week off from SXM. Carol Miller, Elvis Presley, Stone Temple Pilots, Creators. Mix, of course, is a female-targeting station. For twenty-five years the radio and record community has known John Dowd Jr. as Jay Beau Jones, veteran programmer and air personality in such markets as New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Hartford. For 25 years John Dowd Jr. has been known as Jay Beau Jones, a respected radio programmer and on-air talent. 1 other named JayBeau Jones is on LinkedIn . Van Halen, The listeners here have so much passion for everything, from food to music, to Sox, to Pats, to Celts, to Bruins and everything in between. Dolly Parton, For more information, please see our Nat King Cole, Following. To work with our morning show, WROR's Loren and Wally, is an amazing experience and honor. Bobby Darin, So I wonder, does she do her stuff from a studio somewhere in Maine? John Mellencamp, Brooks & Dunn, Each day, I still, get lost in the fun. Im a big believer in the concept of synchronicity. He's also worked in Chicago, Philadelphia, Hartford, and Worcester. Do I need to say more? Argo, 188 plays 188; Followers. Those who were not affected got to witness it through media and social networking. It's all how you frame it. The podcast got front and center homepage placement on wror.com and a jock liner that was promoted on WROR. JayBeau Jones. Coming Monday 6/4/12 at Noon ET: We would like to welcome our newest full time 70s on 7 DJ, a radio veteran of New York, Chicago, Boston, Philly, and Harford.Jaybeau Jones! We are on a journey to discover thattrue peace comes from within,not outside. Green Day, Mariah Carey, Pixies, What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson Jaybeau Jones , I have the greatest programmers to learn from and work with each day. They are all very talented and work hard! Nirvana, 2 . They are market legends and great guys. Find your groove today! Events. Mark Strigl, Motley Crue, It also takes a look at the journey of who we are on the inside, helping us enrich our lives on the outside. We need a book that salutes radio greats.