X or Professor Y unless they tell you otherwise. I hope your weekend was good too, what did you spend your time with?, Now that you know about my weekend, tell me about yours!, Did you have fun this weekend? The simple phrase "thank you" is definitely the most concise response that you could give to such a comment. "@type": "Answer", We hope everyone is staying safe while enjoying the rain We've had." Studio X on Instagram: "Happy Weekend everyone! If youre trying too hard to be personable or clever, your recipient will almost always see through your attempts. Im keen to find out whether youve started working on that project yet.Yours,Howard. You can respond to these statements in various formal and informal ways. It shows that youre a compassionate boss and would like to find out what your employees get up to when theyre not at work. So, you can try using it when talking to your boss and showing a keen interest in their life outside of work. This should cheer your workmates up. No matter how much wed all like to tie up our loose ends before leaving the office on Friday, that doesnt usually happen. "I hope you're staying healthy.". Do you find yourself as stumped as I do? 5. After all, it is polite and shows that you appreciate someone checking in with you. they love. You can check out the following email sample to help you: Dear Michael,Thanks; I hope you did too. 3. I realized two very important (and slightly embarrassing) things. You can say I hope you had the best time away instead of, hope you had a great weekend. It works well when you know someone went away for the weekend. Ive put together some tips for starting your email and rounded up lists of greetings and opening lines you can use to kick start your message. If the sender included a greeting in their email, respond to that. I mean way too many. I hope you have n't been watching me. Expansions would be more like: Bye, I hope each of you has a good weekend; Bye, I hope you all have a good weekend If you want to adopt a more neutral tone when telling someone you hope they had a good weekend, you can send them this line. The show was great!, My husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner out at the new restaurant downtown. You can also ask did you get up to anything over the weekend? when you want to find out about someones weekend plans. Heres a tip: Want to make sure your writing shines? You should use it to show that you did have a great weekend. Anna: You're welcome. I hope you had a good one as well. alternative to I hope this email finds you well!, 27 Great Ways to Respond to Feedback (Positive, Negative), 11 Great Ways to Respond to a Canceled Date, 13 Great Ways to Respond to Hows your day?, 24 Ways to Say Wishing You the Best in Your Future Endeavors, 57 Great Ways to Reply when Someone Compliments Your Looks, 23 Great Ways to Request Politely in an Email, 15 Ways to Wish Someone a Speedy Recovery, Cover Letter for an On-Campus Job Examples & Tips, Fumbled the bag Meaning, Context & Examples, Accented e Everything You Have to Know About , 209 Awesome Business Conversation Starters for any Setting, Formal Letter Format How to Write a Perfect Formal Letter, Musical Instruments Vocabulary from A to Z Examples & List, Address Line 2 Heres What to Put When a Form Asks for It. Heres how to start any professional email: Once someone opens your email, the first thing theyll see is your greeting, also known as a salutation. for more exciting stories next week. Did you get up to anything nice?Kind regards,Kim. This article has gathered the best polite responses to help you. After all, I heard you had a blast with your family.Yours,Mr. Read more about Martin here. The email app Boomerang conducted a data study and found that emails between seventy-five and one hundred words in length had the best response rates. Did you get up to anything over the weekend. }. It works well in business contexts because it shows that you hope someone had a good time over the weekend while remaining polite and respectful. We all love weekends because we dont have to set our alarm for the next day when they come. We hope everyone is staying safe while enjoying the rain We've had a a great response to the studio reopening and know that many of you are eager to get back! I was able to get some good rest. Actually It was a sleepy weekend. Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. This says you took it easy this week and provides an optional reason for doing so. In many business communications, addressing someone by their first name is usually appropriate, but if they work for a more formal company you may want to go with their first and last name or a Mr. or Ms. (not Miss or Mrs!) Reply to questions or concerns in separate lines As you begin to draft the body of your email, try to keep each topic you address separated. Im so glad that you are interested in learning more about our outreach tool. Technically "Bye. Though have you thought about any of the plans for the new project?Kind regards,Summer. You may not have the time for more than that in passing. I hope youre keeping cool during the heat wave. That said, sending positive weekend wishes to the people we care about has become a usual practice whether at work, at school, at home, or anywhere else. Asking, how was your weekend? is a great way to ask an informal question about what someone got up to. I hope you did too. It is fine to share what you wish, but make sure you leave time to ask them what they did t the end of the conversation They will enjoy being able to share that with you. To help forge a stronger relationship with someone, ask what they did over the weekend too. It was good, I highly recommend it., We picked out the colors to paint our house inside. Just like Have a pleasant weekend! earlier, Have a wonderful weekend! also comes with a polite and warm tone. There are always at least one or two things we dont get around to doing before leaving work at the end of the week. If youre writing a high-stakes email that needs to get results, it never hurts to do your homework. You can read our guide of words and phrases to leave out of email for examples. It shows you would like to turn the sentiment of hope you had a great weekend around on the recipient without using too many words. If you dont hook your reader right away, they might not get to the middle or the end of your message. Regards I would like to answer with something like this: Dear XXXX I have had a nice weekend, thank you for asking and for keeping me updated. In the event of a negative conveyance, dont reply. Another pretty casual way of wishing someone a good weekend is to say Have a great weekend ahead.. Therefore, we had better pay extra attention to the expressions we use when wishing someone well. Therefore, context will be king. This should help convey the writers heartfelt response. The use of the rather longer adjective "wonderful" suggests a higher degree of formality, which is great for work-related settings. too. Happy weekend! is a great phrase. "@type": "Answer", Is there anything youd like from me, though?Best wishes,Yuri. I hope you have had a great weekend 597,000,000 results on the web Some examples from the web: I hope you have had a great weekend I hope you have not many sins left to be forgiven. Of course, this phrase works well in most professional emails. "name": "Should you use “weekends” for multiple people? { Though, I can see we have a lot of projects to work on now were back.Best wishes,Stanley, Thanks for saying that is a great formal alternative. Even if the recipient seems unlikely to remember, the fact that you. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right At The Weekend vs. On The Weekend vs. In The Weekend, 12 Better Ways To Say Have A Great Weekend, 9 Best Answers to What Did You Do This Weekend?, Is Dear All Appropriate In A Work Email? When she manages to escape from behind her computer screen, she's usually babying her two rescue mutts or continuing her search for the perfect taco. It is Monday, once again, and you are about to write hope you had a great weekend. However, its starting to get quite repetitive to use this phrase over and over again each Monday. While your initial reply may be to complain about your weekend, try to avoid doing so. When shes not writing, she can be found wandering through nature or journaling at a coffee shop. Its a polite and friendly way to make conversation via email. APRIL 29 ROSCHON TO BEARS The Cowboys want to take a running back somewhere in this Day 3 of the NFL Draft, but that guy won't be a favored Longhorn. Yes, thank you Bill, it was great.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',153,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4','ezslot_5',153,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4-0_1');.medrectangle-4-multi-153{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Perhaps you connected briefly at a conference. Most of the e-mails I received on Monday all started with some acknowledgement of the holiday/long weekend. Is It Unprofessional To Send An Email On The Weekend? "I did; thank you" is a great example of how to reply to "hope you had a great weekend." It's simple yet effective. The main point being here is simply that it needs to be an extended weekend. Its worth writing I trust you had a restful weekend when emailing employees. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. It allows you to answer the question without giving too much away. Do not use this phrase if you dont know what someone did. Has anyone ever been full of more hope than me? But, when you know someones being disrespectful, dont reply at all. If you met at a conference and exchanged words about marketing strategies, and youre emailing now to ask the recipient to review your new app for marketers, youre connecting the right dots. Two: I start nearly every single one with, I hope Seriously. Your enthusiasm and positive energy made the trip even more enjoyable. I hope you had a great trip. Topic Specifics Attendance: Please make sure you attend school daily. Hope you had a great weekend is grammatically correct. I hope all is well. Have good weekends" is correct in that he is wishing each individual a good weekend, using the collective noun for all of your weekends. Yes, its totally fine. Its great to include when emailing employees. When you use the phrase in an email you are showing concern and interest in the other party. There are differences here between American and British English, in that American English tends to use the . Referring to a specific experience that someone has had, rather than just using a generic line, will grab their attention and may make them pay more attention to the content of your email. Hey, its Friday! This week has been really productive. Continue with Recommended Cookies. I hope you had a good weekend. Introduce yourself. Then the rather formal expression Have a restful weekend is right for you. Knowing which expression matches the context of the conversation is a good skill to have. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Anyone who gets a lot of emails is familiar with the classic "I hope you're doing well " and its related family of phrases. I hope you did too. Its a good formal option because it shows appreciation towards someone while turning the message around on them. Instead, it shows that you are emailing someone on their first day back to work. When you know someone has a sincere interest in your experience of something, return the sentiment with a reply of gratitude. Its best to use it only Mondays and especially mornings. Saying you read an article is one thing, but mentioning the beach vacation photos you saw on Instagram will come off as creepy. Usually, a thank you and a brief rundown of your experience will suffice. It is an excellent alternative to I hope this email finds you well!, Example: How to use I hope you had a nice weekend in an email. The same goes for you is very effective when trying to sound polite via email. With the 115th pick, the Chicago Bears . remember goes a long way toward establishing a rapport. How was yours?, That is nice of you, and I hope your weekend was fun too., It was a great weekend but ended before I knew it. You may be excited about something that happened over the weekend! - Mari-Lou A. You may use Have a happy weekend! when talking with your workmates after a long day of work on a Friday. (Note: If this is a cover letter or similar, its never a To Whom It May Concern situation). Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for the body. I hope you had a great weekend. Its also a great way to remain polite in a business email. I hope you did too is another great professional response. It is my utmost pleasure to share with all of you guys what I know about languages and linguistics in general. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right At The Weekend vs. On The Weekend vs. In The Weekend, 10 Other Ways to Say Hope You Had a Great Weekend, 12 Better Ways To Say Have A Great Weekend, 11 Better Ways to Say Much Appreciated in Email, 9 Other Ways to Say Im Good At on a Resume, 10 Polite Ways to Say No Visitors after Surgery, 11 Best Ways to Say Im Here for You to a Loved One, 10 Professional Ways to Say I Am Not Feeling Well, I appreciate your message. There is so much to do but the details will all be worth it when the big day arrives., I got to go to a concert I had tickets to for a long time. Alternatively, "Thank you, I hope so too" could be a response . Its the email equivalent of small talk and is especially common when making an introduction over email. Its good to have a few options available to use in a business email. We recommend trying it in place of hope you had a great weekend in formal emails, too, if youre willing to learn about someones time away from work. It was a great summer, but in the winter I froze my bollocks off! Generally, its most common for the phrase to appear in emails or spoken English on Mondays (as this is the first day after everyone comes back from the weekend). You may want to check out the following example: Dear Timothy,I hope you are back in the flow now that your weekend is over. I didn't feel so great, actually, so I didn't do very much. Using hope you enjoyed your weekend gives you a direct alternative to hope you had a great weekend. You can use them at different times to help you mix up your language choices and keep things fresh. Dear Thomas,And you. So, if you have a friend who enjoys partying, you can simply tell him or her Enjoy the weekend and party hard!. "text": "Using a complete sentence format as in “I wish you a great weekend” or “I hope you have a good weekend” rather than shortened ones would be professional." It shows you appreciate someone for checking in and would like to return the favor. Do you know what I just spent way too long doing? Choosing the right words shouldn't be your limitation! Continue with Recommended Cookies. Did you do anything fun?Yours,Trudy Still, You can say thanks; I hope you did too, to show appreciation for someones positive words. Here is an example to show you how it might look: Dear Pablo,I hope you had the best time away. Dont hesitate to use Have a pleasant weekend! after receiving some form of help from your friend or relative. In case you want to say something a bit more easygoing, you may also just go with Enjoy your weekend!. Youre in luck. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. I smile as I write (seriously, its a little creepy) and write as though Im having a face-to-face conversation with them. { Enjoy your weekend! is something you would say to someone close enough like classmates and same-level colleagues. You do not have to say too much when replying to a kind phrase like hope you had a great weekend. A simple message response like thanks for saying that is more than enough. What company benefits are most important to you? We might be tempted to add the adverb ahead in this phrase. However, if you arent close to someone, it is an appropriate way to start an email. When we focus on the positive, we see better options. Like ahead, we may also want to include the phrase to come after weekend in this expression. Thats what makes it respectful without being rude. Communication is context-bound. And this could be the reason you are enjoying a long weekend. You should use it when youre talking to coworkers or employees after the weekend. Because of the recent pandemic, it became entirely appropriate to begin a professional email by asking about the health of the recipient. This expression is suitable when talking with someone who is not necessarily an authority figure, just like close friends and peers. ", If you want to mix things up, try using hope you enjoyed your weekend in other business contexts. all the time. Marcel. For instance, if you know that your friend will go on a nice fishing trip over the weekend, you could use Have a great weekend ahead to reinforce the fact that you know about what he has got planned for the weekend and to show that you really care. (This is just one variation, there are many ways of replying-it's just a question of opinion and style, which makes this question, regrettably, off-topic. I hope you were able to make the most of the good weather over the weekend. 10 Other Ways to Say Have a Great Weekend, 10 Other Ways to Say Have a Great Rest of Your Day, 15 Other Ways to Say I Hope You Understand, 10 Other Ways to Say I Hope This Email Finds You Well, 9 Words for Someone Who Doesnt Care About Others Feelings, 10 Words for Saying One Thing and Doing Another. So, thank you very much. Informal writing and speaking is all about adding personality to what you say. Its me, Marcel. Did you get up to anything fun?Yours,Darren. It also makes others inclined to listen to what you share with them. Here is an example to show you more about it: Dear Eileen,Much appreciated. More so, knowing how to appropriately respond to these goodwill wishes maintains our relationship with people. At times, the other person may let you know his or her weekends activity. I hope you enjoyed your time off is a great alternative to hope you had a great weekend. You should use it when you want to be friendly to the email recipient. It was lovely meeting you yesterday! They are taking the initiative to talk to you and to be positive, and your reply should reciprocate that to them. Thanks again for the lovely present you gave me for my birthday. An important client or your boss, for example, will probably require something from the formal category. Read more about Martin here. Likewise, this statement goes well with brief appreciation email messages at the end of the week to people at work. We all know that many people love parties on weekends. Jack Miller, Johann Zarco, paddock | 27K views, 777 likes, 104 loves, 165 comments, 22 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from MotoGP: Plenty of guests such. Focus on that rather than the negative elements. If you wish to elaborate, you can tell them some positive things about your weekend. I was so glad to hear that the merger went through and wanted to congratulate you on such a successful first few months at the company. Theres an old adage that says, If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. This is the best policy for these catty instances. When a boss cancels a meeting and lets his or her staff go home early, I hope you enjoy your weekend becomes highly suitable. Did you and your work colleagues have a stressful week? Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I did; thank you is a great example of how to reply to hope you had a great weekend. Its simple yet effective. I had a wonderful weekend, and I hope you did too., My weekend was fantastic, thank you for asking. It also keeps things simple. It went by quickly, but I was glad to get some quality time with the family., I enjoyed it; the weather was perfect for being outdoors., I had a nice weekend and got to spend some time catching up with my best friend., I was able to get plenty off my to-do list over the weekend, glad those chores are done!, After a long week at work, it was nice to relax over the weekend. Here are my five favorite alternatives to the ubiquitous greeting. Grammarly can check your spelling and save you from grammar and punctuation mistakes. We should have a meeting to discuss what comes next, though.Kindest regards,Jose. That being said, you do want to tell your recipient as soon as possible why youre emailingremember, you want them to keep reading. Also, here is an example to show you how it looks: Dear Stan,Your weekend must have been fun, right? Not only will they appreciate your kindness, theyll also understand that you are commenting on how stressful your working weeks are. Write with Grammarly. Im reaching out to ask whether the Ford Transit you posted on oldvans.com is still available. It was great to see you on Thursday. "@type": "Answer", ; I hope you had a good Christmas vacation. I had a great time catching up with you at the party. "acceptedAnswer": { "name": "Do you say “happy weekend” or “happy weekends”? Goodbye Message to Coworkers - Best Examples, Congratulations For Promotion - Best Examples, How to inform the client that they are out of term, 30 Best Ways to Say ''Thank You for All You Do'', 20 Better Ways Than I Hope You Are Doing Well'' to Start, 50+ Best Ways to Say Have a Good Day at Work, How to say that you will get back to the client, How to say that you will prepare new quotes, How to say that you will provide required discount, How to say that you cant provide discount, How to answer when you have the signed order, How to ask the client if they accept the offer, How to chase a client for feedback on your sent offers, How to chase the client to send you back the signed order, Apology for not received expected product/service, 12 Better Ways to Say Thank You for the Reply, Can I Say Take Care in an Email? Reply to each question or concern Hi there! Hey Shelly! If it's a formal email, respond in formal language and avoid the use of slang words. I hope you had a great holiday!" "It was very pleasant, thanks for asking." Thank You. . ; I hope you had a . Notion AI Review The Best A.I Writing Tool? Just like "Have a pleasant weekend!" earlier, "Have a wonderful weekend!" also comes with a polite and warm tone. I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle work tasks again.. If you work in a stressful environment, telling someone you hope they had a relaxing weekend will be well received. Example: How to use I hope you were able to make the most of the good weather over the weekend in an email. [Survey] Is It Rude to Say Please and Thank You at the Same Time. There is no need to pluralize weekend for the sake of making it apply to each person involved. ", ; I hope you had some time to enjoy yourself. Have a wonderful weekend! Include a sentence or two at the opening of your email to show youre familiar with the recipients work, like this: I read your article about [topic] in [outlet] last week. We had a baby shower for my daughter, I am so excited to become a grandma!, We worked on wedding plans for my son. 10 Tongue Twisters to Improve Pronunciation, A Guide to Greeting Words and Phrases, With Examples. And you is a simple yet effective way to return someones kind message of hope you had a great weekend. It keeps things simple, allowing you to focus your attention on the main reason youre sending an email in the first place. (Unless maybe they write murder mysteries. The expression Have a great long weekend is a bit more nuanced. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend in the countryside. For example, TV hosts and reporters make use of this as a parting message at the end of their show. Some examples from the web: I hope you had a great weekend; I hope you had a nice night. You always want to iterate and annunciate some form of gratitude. It only works when emailing your boss or someone youre not particularly close to. You should use the same goes for you if you want a more friendly response. Reciprocating the wish for a good weekend back to them is a good way to respond. Even if the recipient seems unlikely to remember, the fact that you did remember goes a long way toward establishing a rapport. The possibilities are near endless but there are situations where it would be awkward. It was a pleasure to meet you . "acceptedAnswer": { This act is important because it strengthens working relationships. Continue with Recommended Cookies. We get better sleep on weekends because we know that we are free to do pointless things at our own pace. First, dont use a personalized opener unless it actually relates to the topic youre writing about. However, it does not directly ask how someone enjoyed their weekend. Learn more about us here. I will need them for the meeting I have on Tuesday.Thank you in advance!Regards,Sophia. And, again, for most of us, this would mean a weekend that is longer than 2 days. Your writing, at its best Because, lets face itnobody actually means Happy Monday!, Read More: How to Write Professional Emails That Get the Results You Want. Generally, a phrase like this works well in a business email to an employee. Manage Settings Using the word enjoyable instead of good gives your email an elevated feel. Example: How to use I hope you had a relaxing weekend in an email. You may also refer to the following example to help you: Dear Cole,I appreciate your message. I wish you a good weekend with your family. This makes it a great example of what to say instead of hope you had a great weekend because it shows you care about someones plans.