Posted June 9, 2020. If you're planning to buy Carnival stock to get free OBC, at least make sure you receive confirmation from Carnival that your credit was issued before you sell. Applying for Carnival shareholder stock is simple if you follow these steps: Youll need to mail, email, or fax proof of your shares to your specific cruise line at least three weeks before your sail date. Carnival Corporation employees likely already know that theyre not eligible for onboard credit for owning Carnival stock. But trust me, it only takes five minutes, and youll earn between $50 and $250 (or a similar amount in other currencies) to spend on your next cruise. So if you have multiple shareholders in the same cabin, only one can get the free OBC. Unfortunately, free onboard credit for Carnival shareholders is limited to one credit benefit per person per sailing. 15. I booked Cunard for my 40th birthday.I will travel in August 2022, Southampton to NY.So far the customer service US has been a real nightmare . Although it would be nice to be able to save your unused onboard credit to use on a future cruise, your OBC expires at the end of each sailing. In prior years, the IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. Trying to get them to return it is proving impossible. Whilst we aim to do that straight-away, it can take up to 14 days from when we receive the money from our partners in busy periods. All bookings affected by changes due to coronavirus are entitled to a cash refund either after the expiry of the accepted Refund Credit Note, within 14 days of requesting a refund if you have requested a refund for an ATOL protected package operated by Planet Cruise or when we have received a refund from our suppliers if you you booked a holiday provided by one of our cruise partners. Guest Relations Cunard, Email: guestrelations@cunard.com. Maybe the best solution is avoiding a refund request in the first place, said Thomas, the travel advisor. This is per the latest advice from ABTA. Along with the drinks, like three glasses of small standard white wine was $45. 16. To amend an existing booking - for example, to add an additional stateroom or to upgrade - please contact either your travel agent or our Customer Contact Centre, if you booked directly with us. I have paid a great deal for this cruise and I am concerned about the poor quality of Cunard's offering. Why does it take so long to get a passport? toggle button. Extra processing time may be necessary. You can use your Refund Credit Note immediately and up until 31st January 2022, following which it shall expire (the Expiry Date). WebHow long it normally takes to receive a refund e-file: Up to 3 weeks Paper: Up to 3 months Some tax returns need extra review for accuracy, completeness, and to protect taxpayers from fraud and identity theft. Final payment was made Feb 22. After sending another refund form which was also not acknowledged and a further email also unacknowledged I finally got to speak to a person by telephone. WebHow to check the status of your refund: Go to Your Orders. Claim your profile to access Trustpilots free business tools and connect with customers. Two weeks ago, I had to cancel two voyages in August 2022. I called my T/A on a Monday and by Friday I had a refund on my Visa account. One of the P&O - cruise cancelled/refund requested 23 April (cruise 27 June). My thanks to all who replied and encouraged persistence. OBC is awesome! Until a refund is actioned any Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will remain on a customer's account, should a customer change their mind and make a booking using the FCC they are no longer entitled to a refund. For fly-cruises, departure day is the date of the flight departure. For further information, please seeTemporary flexible booking terms from Cunard. Just an update on my previous review, after sending numerous emails to get my refund back and no response whatsoever i am now taking legal action against Cunard though Resolve and i urge anyone else to do the same, i can actually charge Cunard 8% daily until my refund is issued, it might be helpful if you all do the same.How this company is still in business is beyond me, hanging on to customers money is not only illegal but also unethical. If they tell you to stop sending in multiple applications, you will know you have achieved your objective. You will receive your refund credit note by email. Their "Cunard Care" ionsurance also turned me down. You can also use your FCC to pay for other guests on your booking or to pay for any flights or hotels that have been booked with Cunard. **Please note that FCCs issued as a gesture of goodwill cannot be used towards flights using Cunard CompleteAir or hotel stays. Web site takes you in loops to pages but impossible to get a clear answer. The sales rep told her the same payment that took a Generally, tax software automatically enters the information for returning customers. Per the State of California Franchise Tax Board, you can expect your 2022 California refund as follows: Within three weeks for personal returns filed electronically Within three months for mailed personal returns Within five months for electronically filed business returns Within six months for mailed business returns Make Your Money Work Im Carrie Ann, the writer behind Should Be Cruising. I have booked a Cunard cruise. The Fine Line, absolute joke! Taxpayers who are using a software product for the first time may have to enter this information. Depends on the country I think. macsford, November 1, 2021 in Cunard Line. ago Thank you! Your refund should only be deposited directly into U.S. bank or U.S. bank affiliated accounts that are in your own name; your spouses name or both if its a joint account. shares of Carnival Corporation stock, youre probably wondering if you can get more free onboard credit for each block of 100 shares you own. I was supposed to go on my first cruise on January 10th with Cunard. The internet was poor years ago it as bad if not worse. But if you want to get creative, you can sometimes work around this policy. Please seeour helpful guidefor how to use your FCC. For frequently asked questions relating to our ships, life on board and more, visit our main FAQ page. Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 31-Jan-2023, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification, Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation, Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), News Releases for Frequently Asked Questions, Validating Your Electronically Filed Tax Return, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, Reasons why some tax refunds filed electronically take longer than 21 days. Sign-up. Wine ridiculous prices. Read on to find out how many shares you need to own, how much credit youll get for each sailing, and how to let your cruise line know youre eligible. If you have several hundred (or more!) 50% of full fare. Other returns can also take longer to process, including when a return needs a correction to the Child Tax Credit or Recovery Rebate Credit amount, includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit, or includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process. If you had booked one of these now canceled cruises using an FCC from a previously canceled cruise, you will receive the same value of that FCC back. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'shouldbecruising_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_11',605,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-shouldbecruising_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');Proof of shareholder status could include a copy of your shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher, or a nominee statement with both your mailing address and brokerage account number blacked out. Your original booking with us will be cancelled; The value of your Refund Credit Note will be the sum you originally paid to us less the price of your cruise; and. For new bookings, you can redeem your FCC online at cunard.com: full details can be found inour guide to using FCC online. tool on IRS.gov. We will process all refund requests as quickly as possible. From the date of booking until 91 days before departure. When booking online, please either log in to your account or input your CWC membership number where indicated and the FCC will automatically be applied. Any shore experiences, dining, gifts or drinks packages you purchased for your voyage via My Cunard or our Customer Contact Centre will be automatically refunded back to the payment card you used to make these purchases and there is no need to contact us. We booked a cruise from Southampton to Venice departing September 2022. Where your holiday is protected by Planet Cruise guarantees*. All my cancellation I had a refund cheque from P&O today, so much quicker than Cunard. Unlike the way I felt two or three years ago, I have no fear that Im going to die of this thing, he said. The terms "stateroom" and "cabin" can be used interchangeably. Whilst FCCs issued prior to July 2021 by ABTA, and January 2022 by ATOL, are protected under ABTA or ATOLs scheme of financial protection, both organisations will have withdrawn protection for FCCs across the travel industry by 30 September 2022 (if they remain unused and not applied to a booking). Cunard are virtually impossible to communicate with, hang onto the funds that they owe you and are very very disingenuous about the covid restrictions that you will find aboard when you travel with them. So up until covid no systems in place for refunds , a rare one off. Its true! Carnival Corporation offers free OBC to shareholders on all of their cruise lines. so many complaints from so many people. If you booked one of our ATOL protected package holidays we will endeavour to process your refund within 14 days of us receiving the refund request notification. 8. Hi Butch, yes, you can use your Carnival shareholder benefit for shorter cruises. No more than three electronic refunds can be deposited into a single financial account or pre-paid debit card. Next to the relevant order, select View Return/Refund Status. Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features. However, a new destination may be permitted**. For the last two weeks I have been trying to contact customer services to extend our stay in the disembarkation port. Cancellation charges (percentage of fare). Can you apply the Stock ownership for OBC on shorter cruises? With any luck you will receive mulitple refunds! She just dealt with a client who was looking for a $4,800 refund for a deposit on a luxury cruise. You may also use your FCC to upgrade your Cunard fare type or stateroom on an existing booking. Also, when self-preparing a tax return and filing electronically, taxpayers must sign and validate the electronic tax return by entering their prior-year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or prior-year Self-Select PIN (SSP). July 23, 2003. You may also like: Cruising with Kids: 19 Essential Tips. For help during the online booking process,refer to our Future Cruise guide. Three months later May 31st 1,078.00. Do we all get free onboard credit? The current shareholders benefit letter indicates that OBC are available through July 31, 2023. If you own Carnival stock (or youre planning on buying some), its super-easy to get your free shareholder OBC. Where the cost of the new holiday is more than the FCC value, guests simply pay the difference. An official website of the United States Government. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. People who write reviews have ownership to edit or delete them at any time, and theyll be displayed as long as an account is active. For a holiday provided by one of our cruise partners we are acting as a travel agent and you enter into a contract with the supplier(s) of the package holiday or travel service(s) you have booked through us. But if you want to share your credit with friends or family, you can always use it to buy a gift on board for a friend or loved one. From the date of booking until departure, including failure to embark. What cruise lines offer free onboard credit to Carnival shareholders? If you do not wish to accept the Future Cruise Credit (FCC), you can request a refund, unless otherwise stated, via our online refund form. Unlike the way I felt two or three years ago, I have no fear that Im going to die of this thing, he said. You will also have to select arrangements which correspond with the terms and limitations of any vouchers or free amendment options provided by the suppliers in relation to your original booking. You can also contact your Travel Advisor or call our Customer Service Department to use your Future Cruise Credit as payment across multiple Cunard voyages. A manual review may be necessary when a return has errors, is incomplete or is affected by identity theft or fraud. please bear with us and rest assured that your refund will be paid to you in due course, Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to recover the money we are owed by our suppliers in order to be able to refund our customers as soon as possible. I found that no automated message was ever forthcoming, and I certainly have experience in this!Take a screen shoot of the form you have complete You can use your Refund Credit Note to choose holiday arrangements which depart anytime between 1st November 2020 and 31st December 2022*. If you requested a refund of tax withheld on a Form 1042-S by filing a Form 1040NR, we will need additional time to process the return. Three months later May 31st 1,078.00. There has not been anything. Or??? The value of the Refund Credit Note shall be equal to the value of all payments you have made to us as at the date we issued your Refund Credit Note.