Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1955124-how-do-i-get-the-a-y-axes-labels-to-show-correctly, https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1955124-how-do-i-get-the-a-y-axes-labels-to-show-correctly#answer_1225839, https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1955124-how-do-i-get-the-a-y-axes-labels-to-show-correctly#comment_2725884. Then use dot notation to set the FontSize property. Plot both sets of data. How do I change the size of figures drawn with Matplotlib? What were the most popular text editors for MS-DOS in the 1980s? Other MathWorks country How a top-ranked engineering school reimagined CS curriculum (Ep. You clicked a link that corresponds to this MATLAB command: Run the command by entering it in the MATLAB Command Window. Other MathWorks country You're not setting all the labels for those plots, specifically, you're not setting the vertical axis label for the bottom two plots. Add a legend to the graph that identifies each data set using the legend function. Add a title to the chart by using the title function. This example shows how to add a title and axis labels to a chart by using the title, xlabel, and ylabel functions. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, I answered from a python / matplotlib perspective (didn't read clearly enough), but am not sure it's true in Matlab itself, so I deleted the answer. the labels for those plots, specifically, you're not setting the vertical axis label for the bottom two plots. What is the Russian word for the color "teal"? Specify the legend descriptions in the order that you plot the lines. Accelerating the pace of engineering and science. You must use multiple axes to achieve this effect because MATLAB doesn't provide separate TickLength properties for X and Y axes. The current lines I have are copied below. @BrendanCox Thank u, I saw your answer, but even in matplotib, I saw you still didn't hide the axes. axisLabel = dropDownItems {dropDownItems}; ylabel (app.UIAxes, axisLabel) selectedIndex = app.XAxisDropDown.Value; Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? How can I do this? Adding EV Charger (100A) in secondary panel (100A) fed off main (200A), Counting and finding real solutions of an equation. Attached below is the code for a tiled layout and the resulting figure: plot3(state_f1_storage(1,:), state_f1_storage(2,:), state_f1_storage(3,:)). I am generating a group of images with fixed dimensions to combine later into a video. This article discusses some methods by which this can be done. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. I want to make a MATLAB plot that has tick labels but no tick marks on the x axis, but does have tick marks on the y axis. Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and To be fair, you could have also written: axis (ax, 'off') (explicitly specify target axes). https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/105755-how-to-remove-tick-label-from-y-axis, https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/105755-how-to-remove-tick-label-from-y-axis#answer_114922, https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/105755-how-to-remove-tick-label-from-y-axis#comment_460235, https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/105755-how-to-remove-tick-label-from-y-axis#answer_114923. Which one to choose? . You can set Xcolor and Ycolor to none so the axis won't be displayed: I'm not sure I understood what you wanted to achieve, but if this is what you meant. What were the poems other than those by Donne in the Melford Hall manuscript? Alternatively, starting in R2022a, you can change the font size of the axes text by using the fontsize function. (You don't need the handles, I just always write them in to clutter my workspace). To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. i.e. VASPKIT and SeeK-path recommend different paths. 'Line Plot of Sine and Cosine Between -2\pi and 2\pi'. It works perfectly now. Alternatively, starting in R2022a, you can change the font size of the axes text by using the fontsize function. I'm trying to place an x and y-axis label onto the figure centered horizonally (for x axis) and vertically (for y axis). in your example code above). one. rev2023.4.21.43403. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Can you give more details of the scenario what you are facing? I understand that you are trying to create a plot consisting of 4 subplots arranged in a 2 by 2 grid and align the x-axes of the subplots on the same row, while preserving their Individual y-limits (Even though the Y- axes values are different, the subplot needs to look like the same for a visual reference). Unable to complete the action because of changes made to the page. I mostly create content about Python, Matlab, and Microcontrollers like Arduino and PIC. offers. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. matlab remove only top and right ticks with leaving box on. 565), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. Short story about swapping bodies as a job; the person who hires the main character misuses his body. title | xlabel | ylabel | legend | linspace | fontsize. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. You can also select a web site from the following list: Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. This removes the axis, but I still see ticks on the edges in 2019a! To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. It still leaves the white space around the border however. 565), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. Hide the Axis Ticks and Labels From a Plot Using the set () Function in MATLAB If you want to hide either the axis ticks or the axis labels, you can use the set () function in MATLAB. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Webbrowser untersttzen keine MATLAB-Befehle. Thank you. The correct answer for an angle: +-62.87 is -5.415+-j10.57 The issue that I am getting is the code outputs 2 different sets of intersections instead of 1 x,y group. I like it! 'Line Plot of Sine and Cosine Between -2\pi and 2\pi'. How to delete the axes coordinate in Matlab GUI? Specify the legend descriptions in the order that you plot the lines. Access the current Axes object using the gca function. You can also select a web site from the following list: Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, Note that 'box off' is also useful, especially in combination with set(gcf,'Color',[0 0 0]), For exporting frames into a video, I have the best experience with getframe(gcf), which saves the figure content, whatever the exas currently are (also extremely useful when exporting a video of rotating 3D axes! How do I fix this? Include a variable value in the title text by using the num2str function to convert the value to text. When the "stretch-to-fill" behavior is disabled, MATLAB makes the axes as large as possible within the available space and strictly adheres to the property values so that there is no distortion. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. However two of the plots (the bottom two) only show 1 axis label and not the other. Example: x=linspace (0,4*pi); y=sin (x); ax=plotyy (x,y,0,0); set (ax (1),'XTick', []); set (ax (1),'YColor',get (ax (1),'XColor')) set (ax (2),'TickLength', [0 0]); set (ax (2),'YTick', []); Access the current Axes object using the gca function. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Not the answer you're looking for? How a top-ranked engineering school reimagined CS curriculum (Ep. ', referring to the nuclear power plant in Ignalina, mean? Limiting the number of "Instance on Points" in the Viewport. You must use multiple axes to achieve this effect because MATLAB doesn't provide separate TickLength properties for X and Y axes. Sie haben eine genderte Version dieses Beispiels. Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? How do I do that? There exists an element in a group whose order is at most the number of conjugacy classes. Why does Acts not mention the deaths of Peter and Paul? Why did US v. Assange skip the court of appeal? Based on your location, we recommend that you select: . To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. set (gca, 'xticklabel', []) can hide the label, but not the axis. Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you! For example, lets plot a sine wave and hide only its axis ticks using the set() function. You can use the following syntax to hide axes in Matplotlib plots: import matplotlib.pyplot as plt #get current axes ax = plt.gca() #hide x-axis ax.get_xaxis().set_visible(False) #hide y-axis ax.get_yaxis().set_visible(False) The following examples show how to use this syntax in practice. Why typically people don't use biases in attention mechanism? MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and offers. Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you! Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Checking Irreducibility to a Polynomial with Non-constant Degree over Integer. What does 'They're at four. We can't run your code because you didn't included the state_f1_storage variable. Unable to complete the action because of changes made to the page. Find more on Scatter Plots in Help Center and File Exchange. Thank you so much! I have done it with the X axis by the following: set(gca,'XTick',x(2:end)); set(gca,'XTickLabel',x(2:end),'fontsize',14); but when I try with the y axis I get an error message as follows: Error using set Values must be monotonically increasing. Interpreting non-statistically significant results: Do we have "no evidence" or "insufficient evidence" to reject the null? How to use ticks in axes without specifying last value of tick? Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and ), How do I hide axes and ticks in matlab without hiding everything else. Deleting the axes creates different size frames that can't be recombined. Setting visible=off will also hide the title if present - Amro May 6, 2013 at 13:24 Nice. Looking for job perks? Hello James, I tried your problem statement in the following example. Looking for job perks? Title with Variable Value. Is there a generic term for these trajectories? What was the actual cockpit layout and crew of the Mi-24A? Not the answer you're looking for? What are the advantages of running a power tool on 240 V vs 120 V? See the below code. Add a title with the value of . Other MathWorks country You can use a similar approach to add variable values to axis labels or legend entries. Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you! How are we doing? Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. We can't run your code because you didn't included the state_f1_storage . Hide the Axis Ticks and Labels From a Plot Using the axis off Command in MATLAB. Sometimes it is necessary to hide these axis ticks and tick labels. Unexpected uint64 behaviour 0xFFFF'FFFF'FFFF'FFFF - 1 = 0? By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. There exists an element in a group whose order is at most the number of conjugacy classes. Plot a one variable function with different values for parameters? set(gca,'XColor', 'none','YColor','none'). Not the answer you're looking for? Looking for job perks? If you want to hide either the axis ticks or the axis labels, you can use the set() function in MATLAB. What's the cheapest way to buy out a sibling's share of our parents house if I have no cash and want to pay less than the appraised value? rev2023.4.21.43403. As to the second question, use suptitle to title the entire figure. I have a y axis with labels on the y axis -1 -0.5 0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 I want to remove the first origin label -1. See the below code. Unexpected uint64 behaviour 0xFFFF'FFFF'FFFF'FFFF - 1 = 0? And that makes a lot of sense because it is still a 3D plot even if I view it in a 2D plane view, which I didn't realize. How about saving the world? English version of Russian proverb "The hedgehogs got pricked, cried, but continued to eat the cactus". sites are not optimized for visits from your location. For example, this figure shows the same plot with and without the "stretch-to-fill" behavior enabled. xlabel ( '-2\pi < x < 2\pi') ylabel ( 'Sine and Cosine Values') Add Legend Add a legend to the graph that identifies each data set using the legend function. What is scrcpy OTG mode and how does it work? For example, let's plot a sine wave and hide only its axis ticks using the set () function. per clarification. I wasn't aware of this syntax, but now I look at type axis and recall a lot of interesting stuff :) - Eitan T May 6, 2013 at 13:46 Add a comment Your Answer Add axis labels to the chart by using the xlabel and ylabel functions. You may receive emails, depending on your. Here is how to get it: Theme selectedIndex = app.LeftYAxisDropDown.Value; dropDownItems = app.LeftYAxisDropDown.String; % Get all drop down items into a cell array. Removing Xaxis and Yaxis values - MATLAB Answers - MATLAB Central Removing Xaxis and Yaxis values Follow 1.961 views (last 30 days) Show older comments Waseem Hussain on 3 Nov 2017 Vote 1 Link Translate Commented: Paulo Providencia on 10 Mar 2023 Accepted Answer: Chenchal xx = [Mesh.xy(1, Mesh.ele(1,ii)) Mesh.xy(1, Mesh.ele(2,ii)) Mesh.xy(1, Mesh.ele(3,ii))]; yy = [Mesh.xy(2, Mesh.ele(1,ii)) Mesh.xy(2, Mesh.ele(2,ii)) Mesh.xy(2, Mesh.ele(3,ii))]; % ZI(IN) = (node_state(Mesh.ele(2,ii),k) + node_state(Mesh.ele(3,ii),k) + node_state(Mesh.ele(4,ii),k)) / 3; N(i,:) = Get_shapeN_2D_DIFFUSION (Mesh,ii,[XI(points(i)) YI(points(i))]); ZI(points(i)) = N(i,:)*[node_state(Mesh.ele(1,ii),k); node_state(Mesh.ele(2,ii),k); node_state(Mesh.ele(3,ii),k)]; % plot(sensor(1,:),sensor(2,:),'ow'); need to remove it because I should create a video with them. Optionally, specify the legend location using one of the eight cardinal or intercardinal directions, in this case, 'southwest'. Can you give more details of the scenario what you are facing? Unable to complete the action because of changes made to the page. For example, the FontSize property controls the font size of the title, labels, and legend. Answer I got (-5.415, -2.750) (-10.569, -11.710) Expected (-5.415, -10.569) Bonus points for outputting K :p 0 Comments MathWorks est le leader mondial des logiciels de calcul mathmatique pour les ingnieurs et les scientifiques. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. It removes the axis but not the blank white background! A minor scale definition: am I missing something? Based on your location, we recommend that you select: . I am generating a group of images with fixed dimensions to combine later into a video. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location. How to draw vertical line on axes in Matlab GUI? I'm coding a project and want to output 4 plots together in a tiled layout. You can also select a web site from the following list: Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. With the ylabel-command, only the name changes, the units are still visible. Can my creature spell be countered if I cast a split second spell after it? Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and Try setting all 3 labels regardless of the view, and the view should show it correctly. sites are not optimized for visits from your location. I need a plot in a different language than English, so the units have a different name. Sie haben auf einen Link geklickt, der diesem MATLAB-Befehl entspricht: Fhren Sie den Befehl durch Eingabe in das MATLAB-Befehlsfenster aus. But now, I wish to hide the axis, so I tried the commands below: axis off set (gca,'xtick', []) set (gca,'ytick', []) set (gca,'visible','off') Together they successfully hid the axis, but the grid was also deleted! How about saving the world? just removes the labels but keeps the axes, unlike axis off. Accelerating the pace of engineering and science. sites are not optimized for visits from your location. plot3(state_f1_storage(1,end),state_f1_storage(2,end),state_f1_storage(3,end). I'm coding a project and want to output 4 plots together in a tiled layout. Axes objects have properties that you can use to customize the appearance of the axes. because this would remove tick marks on the y axis. Hide the Axis Ticks and Labels From a Plot Using the set () Function in MATLAB If you want to hide either the axis ticks or the axis labels, you can use the set () function in MATLAB. This is definitely somewhere else on this website and in the matlab documentation. Deleting the axes creates different size frames that can't be recombined. It also shows how to customize the appearance of the axes text by changing the font size. Can I general this code to draw a regular polyhedron? Add axis labels to the chart by using the xlabel and ylabel functions. If you want to hide both the axis ticks and the axis labels, you can use the axis off command, which hides all the axes. Specify the legend descriptions in the order that you plot the lines. Follow 3.012 views (last 30 days) Show older comments Davide Magnelli on 8 Nov 2017 Vote 1 Link Translate Commented: Jagadeesh Korukonda on 22 Aug 2022 I have a script as follow: Theme Copy if true % Set up MOVIE object vidObj = VideoWriter ('Field_adv_diff_2D.avi'); vidObj.Quality = 100; vidObj.FrameRate = 1; Based on your location, we recommend that you select: . You can use a similar approach to add variable values to axis labels or legend entries. Web browsers do not support MATLAB commands. MATLAB Graphics 2-D and 3-D Plots Data Distribution Plots Scatter Plots. Add a legend to the graph that identifies each data set using the legend function. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Mchten Sie dieses Beispiel mit Ihren nderungen ffnen? Accepted Answer. Genius!!! sites are not optimized for visits from your location. Similar problem. How to have multiple colors with a single material on a single object? plot3(state_f1_storage(1,1),state_f1_storage(2,1),state_f1_storage(3,1). It's not them. Accelerating the pace of engineering and science. Short story about swapping bodies as a job; the person who hires the main character misuses his body. It also shows how to customize the appearance of the axes text by changing the font size. It did not give the error while setting the values as the axis YTickLabels get automatically updated when you update the YTick values. Can someone explain why this point is giving me 8.3V? What are the advantages of running a power tool on 240 V vs 120 V? fh = plot (-10:10); axis = get (fh,'Parent'); yTick = get (axis,'YTick'); set (axis,'YTick',yTick (2:end)); It did not give the error while setting the values as the axis YTickLabels get automatically updated when you update the YTick values.