Make this even simpler by using pre-made store-bought mashed potatoes - don't worry, I won't judge! Sear the meatballs for about 8 minutes, until golden brown and barely pink in the center. I used GF flour instead and added 1/2 tsp of xantham gum as per suggested. Mix until fully combined, cook for. Drain and allow to cool. Hob-to-table moussaka 157 ratings Try this rich, hearty and quick variation on the classic family favourite DIY kofta burgers 51 ratings Season to taste. Add the tomatoes, sugar, water and sea salt to season. make a cauliflower mash with cream and butter and spread over the top like you would with traditional mashed potatoes. Meanwhile, once the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pan, off the heat. With a surprising amount of greenshidden in the pilaf, this is a complete meal made in one pot with an A Grade nutrition rating. This recipe is gluten-free and can be made ketogenic see below. You could also use a bit of stout beer in place of some of the stock. Let the meat mixture cool slightly. e) Other meats this dish is just asfabulous made with beef mince (ground beef). Great vegetables to add are: grated or diced carrot, zucchini and eggplant. This tried-and-tested pan review reveals my findings, which I hope youll find useful! Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2015. Stir until incorporated. . today for just 13.50 that's HALF PRICE! Whether you're having a quiet night in or need something comforting to take the edge off a bad day, shepherd's pie is the perfect meal. Try this rich, hearty and quick variation on the classic family favourite, With these quick, easy and cheap koftas, there's no excuse for hitting the kebab van. 3 In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and water for the breadcrumbs (see pantry for both amounts), then add the lamb mince. This easy one-pan Lamb Keema Curry is so packed full of flavour, yet is probably the easiest lamb mince recipe youll find anywhere. You make my life so much better Nagi! In a large skillet, preheat olive oil over medium-high heat. Amazing! a) Once the lamb has browned add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 mins. Silverbeet cooked with the rice tends to turn brown. Up to 4 days if stored in an airtight container. Repeat with remaining dough pieces. This recipe was delicious, thank you! I plan on making gozleme soon, thank you! If the casserole was warm, let it completely cool, then cover with a lid, foil, or plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. 2 Add lamb, garlic, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, half the rosemary and half the shallots to a large bowl. Saut for. I am going to attempt this tonight but with brown rice. Toast the pitas in the oven for 3 minutes, until heated through. Patience will be seriously rewarded, however, as the Spaghetti and meatballs gets a makeover. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if youre short on time and cost conscious. If youre only looking to make them a few days ahead, feel free to store in an airtight container in the fridge. This pilaf is so aromatic that plain slices of tomato are the perfect accompaniment to bring a burst of freshness to this meal. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! The first time I had this, I knew I was going to need to eat it again that week. Hi Nagi, do you think I could directly substitute frozen spinach in this dish, if I defrost and squeeze out the water? 3 Push the veggies to the side of the frying pan and add the lamb mince to the empty space in the pan. You know, the kind of garlic pre-minced from the store? Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Will be definitely cooking it again soon Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and cook gently for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, coriander, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. I used turkey mince instead of lamb these were amazing !!! The recipe doesnt call for curry powder. Through Jo Cooks, I invite you to join me in my kitchen as we explore delicious recipes from around the globe, celebrate the joy of cooking, and make every meal a memorable one. If you are looking for more fantastic lamb recipes, check these out: If you tried Lamb Mince Shepherd's Pie, let me know! 7. This is clearly a miracle dish . Spoon about 3 tbsp of the lamb mixture in the middle of the rectangle and spread it out a bit. Lamb mince is also divine so Im very happy Ive found an easy way to introduce it to our meal planning. I use Pataks Rogan Josh Paste for this one, but if thats too spicy for your family, go for something milder. In a bowl, layer Turmeric Rice, then top with some of the spiced ground lamb, tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus and feta. Cook lamb mince using our best recipes. Your email address will not be published. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations. Sabrina Ghayour shares her recipe for spiced lamb Make budget-friendly lamb meatballs with half a packet of lamb mince bulked out with filling bulgar wheat. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Created especially for children to follow, the recipe features easy-to-follow instructions, Try serving this with a simple cucumber raita or tzatziki and a crisp green salad, A wonderfully aromatic North African lamb casserole with a citrus tang - great for dinner parties, These budget-friendly, Middle Eastern-inspired lamb meatballs make a simple yet tasty supper, served with fruity chutney and crisp wholemeal pittas, Soft, caramelised, oven-roasted onions stuffed with minced lamb and creamy Greek yogurt, a main course with a difference that's delicious with vegetable pilaf, Lamb and mint is a classic flavour combination, made even better with contrasting beetroot relish, Get a quick fix of spicy, fruity flavours with these simple-to-make, Moroccan-inspired lamb burgers. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top and bake! Made it tonight and the other half loved it, think its gonna be a regular feature . Hungry for more? Saute until tender. Cook the lamb mince, breaking it up with a spoon, until just browned, 4-5 minutes. Wilt the spinach in a pan with some oil and drain after removing. so planning to work my way through it this year! Fry the mince for 5 mins or until cooked through and starting to char. I just sent my littlest to school this September and although I have done it before with my eldest, it didnt make it any easier <3 And overnight he went from picking at dinner to eating every last mouthful. Just 10 minutes of active effort, afabulous midweek meal to add to your rotation! Give the humble lamb pasty a spicy makeover using harissa. please click this link to activate your account. You can easily make them veggie too, This flavourful lamb keema curry is packed with spices and we've added peas for a vibrant twist. Carrots - I love the color and freshness that carrots bring to this dish, don't you? Add garlic to the skillet and saute 2 minute. Yes, instead of mashed potatoes, make or buy a buttered mashed cauliflower. Saut for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and translucent. Heat the oil over a high heat in a large deep frying pan, or saute pan, and add the lamb mince. Rosemary - same as the thyme, use dried or fresh. Tomato Paste - is used as a thickener and adds a nice tang to the gravy which offsets the richness of the lamb. 2. I find the smell and flavour of Middle Eastern spices irresistible. Use spatula to break mince up and cook until browned. Cook Vegetables and Lamb Preheat oven to 400F. (loosely packed) spinach or silverbeet/chard, roughly shredded, , or cayenne pepper or other hot chilli powder (not American Chilli Powder) (optional). Add the tomatoes, sugar, water and sea salt to season. I didnt have mint, so I left that out altogether. Turn down and add the onion, garlic, ginger, curry paste and tomato puree. Love your recipes. Leave a comment below, and tag me, Omnivore's Cookbook: Make Chinese Cooking Easy, How to Make Chinese Dumplings The Ultimate Guide, How to Make Steamed Dumplings from Scratch, Crispy Tofu with Garlic Sauce (without Deep-Frying), https://omnivorescookbook.com/steamed-dumplings/, Chicken and Broccoli (Chinese Takeout Style), Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce (), Add salt if you like a strong flavor. Ahh! Before You Begin! There are many praises I can sing about this delicious one-pan Lamb Keema Curry, but lets start with how flipping EASY it is! Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Those that arent interested can skip right over it and get to the recipe! If you find the finished dumplings are not salty enough, add a few drops of. Substitute the lamb with more vegetables (follow d) above) or just omit altogether. Your email address will not be published. Turn up heat to high and add lamb. It should have a gluten replacement such as xanthan gum. Add the garlic and Italian herbs and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. If you dont mind that, then include the stem but I recommend slicing it finely. These Turkish Gozleme with Lamb are savoury homemade flatbreads made completely from scratch filled with ground lamb, spices, herbs and feta cheese. Its kind of sharing my lessons learned from all the attempts and failures making this over the years. Season with salt and pepper. Experiment with this tasty pilaf - a winner for any meatball fan, Enjoy keema pav, a favourite Indian street food. Add the ground lamb to the skillet and break it up with a wooden spoon. Reheat fully before serving, either in the microwave, hob or oven. I will definitely make this again. The strength of the spice flavour is the reason why I dont think chicken mince is suitablebecause you just wont taste any chicken at all! 3. Hope you enjoy my recipes! Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on theprintablerecipe card at the bottom of the page. Everyone I have made this for loves it. By far the best lamb keema recipe I have ever had, absolutely amazing flavours, definitely a keeper . I serve it with my take on tabbouleh. Thawed frozen spinach can bring a lot of liquid to this dish so be sure that its been completely drained before incorporating. We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this classic family recipe here it is! 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Delicious magazine is a part of Eye to Eye Media Ltd 2023, Find it online: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/paccheri-with-lamb-anchovy-and-rosemary-ragu/. Add onion and carrots. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium heat. In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Love this garnished with fresh herbs such as parsley or chives. So if you serve this witha few juicy slices of tomato (just plain, no dressing), it brings it up to A. It makes the mince so fine and wonderfully crumbly. 2. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them in airtight containers or in freezer bags. Meanwhile, make up the couscous following the packet instructions it will take about 450ml boiling water to give it a nice fluffy texture. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced to about 20% and starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. But of course the filling is the star of the show. Sprinkle with more fresh mint and parsley if desired. Did you know know that when using beef, it is typically called a cottage pie? . If the dough is too dry adjust by adding a bit more water, start with a tablespoon at a time. just cooked it , enjoyed it very nice flavours . Simply put, lamb mince is ground lamb. Using a masher or a handheld mixer, mix potatoes until they start to get smooth. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Trying to save myself a trip to the shops just for rice :-p. Rita, did this work with brown rice? Design by Cooked Creative. So if you make this with dried lentils, cook them separately first then drain, then use per the recipe. Transfer to a small bowl. Drain the potatoes then transfer to a bowl. There's nothing quite like a hearty lamb shepherd's pie recipe to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 6. It goes grey and resembles brains but it makes the difference!! Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. This is a staple in our house now. Magazine subscription your first 5 issues for only 5. In a large skillet, preheat olive oil over medium-high heat. Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan, add the onions and cook gently for 5 minutes until they soften. b) Spinach spinach leaves are more delicate than silverbeet, so it is best added after the rice has cooked otherwise it wilts so much that it almost disappears and also turns a bitbrownish. I used combination brown and white rice and just added a bit more liquid and it worked! I used canned lentils and they are already cooked. You can prepare the casserole a couple of days ahead of time. In the fridge You can keep this recipe in the fridge for 3 days. Lamb mince is cooked with vegetables and spooned over a baked potato along with grated cheese. Worcestershire - adds a powerful salty umami flavor. If using silverbeet (chard) which is what I did for this photo, tear the green leaves off the thick part of the white stems. Keep them coming. Fried Asian Crunchy Shallots (Scallions) - I've repeatedly professed my addiction to these. Learn how your comment data is processed. I would love to know! Add Spice Mix and cook for 30 seconds until spices are fragrant and mixed through the mince. The residual heat wilts the spinach while the rice is resting, then stir it through. Once cool enough to handle, cut the boiled potatoes into thick slices. Made this today, it was soo good! They different ones like madras, rogan josh, jalfrezi etc. Slowly add the warmed butter and cream mixture to the potatoes and continue mixing until fluffy and smooth. Who here likes stewed mince? I also found it delicious even though I cant stand cinnamon in meat. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture (you should get about 20 meatballs). Method STEP 1 Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan, add the onions and cook gently for 5 minutes until they soften. Its a great recipe for batch cooking and freezing for another day, and you can adapt it for a beef mince curry if youd prefer. Lamb Mince (Ground Lamb) - I love using ground lamb, but you could also certainly go with ground beef. In the meantime divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Subscribe to delicious. How exciting that your little ones are now at school . Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced to about 20% and starts to thicken about 10 minutes. Surprisingly easy to make as well! Youll be surprised at the quantity of greens hidden in this pilaf. Easy Fish Pie {with Crunchy Cheese Topping}, Steak Pie Really Easy Recipe with Rich Gravy, The BEST Meatballs with Rich Tomato Sauce, Lemon Drizzle Cake {Easiest Ever Recipe! (NOTE: for 4ppl make two meatloaves). Lamb is best because the flavour of lamb is quite strong which goes well with these aromatic spices. Thank you so much for this, My pleasure, so glad you guys liked these. 4 In the meantime, heat a large frying pan over medium high heat (no oil). You first 5 issues for only 5 and never miss our best recipes. While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a small skillet. Classic shepherd's pie is a healthy homemade dinner recipe that's chock full of vegetables, tender lamb, and delicious gravy! can you help. 2 a) Pour the boiled water into a large saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat. Rest rice for 10 minutes. c) Add the water (see ingredients for amount), chicken stock powder and tomato passata and stir together. Unsubscribe at any time. This hearty lamb mince recipe is full of tender ground lamb, a rich herby gravy, and tender vegetables - all topped with fluffy garlic mashed potatoes then baked until golden. Get 6 issues for 9.99 + a copy of Good Food's Vegetarian Summer! Its the spices that does it for me. What's the hardest and most frustrating part? Receive our 5-Day Chinese Cooking Crash Course & Recipe Updates! Less work than traditional moussaka and gluten-free, our Greek-style bake of potatoes and aubergines layered with lamb mince is topped with crme frache. You'll This Lamb Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. This post may contain affiliate links. Lamb mince recipes. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used. Choose the type of message you'd like to post. Serve and enjoy! You first 5 issues for only 5 and never miss our best recipes. Get 6 issues for 9.99 + a copy of Good Food's Vegetarian Summer! Easy dinner ideas sent right to your inbox! Weve got ground lamb thats seasoned with lots of spices such as cumin, coriander and smoked paprika and cooked together with spinach making for an irresistible savoury filling. Cover with a lid and leave to the side until ready to serve. Youll need 1 1/2 to 2 bunches of spinach, or about 1/2 3/4 a bunch of silverbeet (leaves only).