This is a review for halal restaurants in Athens, GA: "Im originally from NYC so I know how an authentic halal food would taste like. CrescentRating: Not . Your tastebuds and your wallet will thank you. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Greece also has an amazing Mediterranean diet full of fresh fish and delicious vegetable dishes and fresh fruit from the market. Showing results in neighboring cities. "I love hot curries, and they provided an entire menu where you decide the heat.". I know thatGreeceis working on this and there will be in the future no doubt a lot more options and choices forHalalfood inGreeceand even inhotels. Find on the map and call to book a table. As a result, it was later decided that a new and larger space will serve better for the purposes of the museum. 2. The 10 Best Halal Restaurants in Athens - Tripadvisor As someone who speaks fluentGreek, I just love the confusion on their face when they see my name, my passport photo and my hijab. There are a few unofficial mosques and underground prayer rooms with prayer facilitiesin Athens. I would love to see where you have been in Athens or Greece in general. If youre craving for Indian food, you cant go wrong with the highly-rated Namaste Indian Restaurant. 5. Find Halal Food and Restaurants in Athens, Greece Guide to Halal food places, restaurants and buffets in Athens, Greece. "I got the chicken kabob and it was cooked to perfection. Overall, it was pretty good, but If I have to choose between this or NYC's halal food, I would pick NYC's halal. Of course, it is highly recommended to take photographs of these extraordinary landmarks as they are well preserved, even today, giving you a feel of how the city used to be almost 3,000 years ago. halal food restaurant in Athens area. The hub of the original Greek culture, Athens is a great place to visit. If you want to get to the top of the hill, you can either go on foot or take the funicular (cliff railway) all the way up and admire the panoramic view of the city! The National Archaeological Museum and the New Acropolis Museum are interesting and must-visit places. Don't miss the margaritas (especially . Why eat meat in the heat. The space is unpretentious, the service is commendable, and the food tastes homemade. I also noticed thatGreekshave become a little more at ease with Muslims especially in the North ofGreekin cities such as Thessaloniki, which is close to the Turkish minority area of Thraki. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Acropolis and Parthenon Temple. ButGreecealso has an amazing Mediterraneandiet full of freshfish and delicious vegetable dishes. Halal Food and Restaurants in Athens , Greece | Halal Trip Votanikos Mosque Address: Iera Odos, Votanikos I have embedded the Google map link as it is easier to find. Excellent food and good service. Halal food in Athens, Kallitha, Greece. This small Indian-Pakistani restaurant is a little walk from the heart of the city but its definitely worth the effort as they serve great food at affordable prices. Colombo. It is one of the most visited locations in the evening, even by locals. Its the closest cousin in terms of food will be the kebab, which many say was influenced by the Greek souvlaki. No-meat options include dal tadka, which comprises lentils simmered with onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes, and shahi paneer, which is cottage cheese soaked in a thick gravy with tomatoes and spices. Ioulianou 81, Athens 10439, Greece +30 698 590 0073. USA Alabama. Dina is one who is constantly dreaming of elsewhere. But I do wanna note that, by far, this place halal food taste is the closest to NYC's halal food. My go-to choice for enjoying dinner in a Taverna by the sea is a good company, calamari, fries and Greeksalad. 310. The portions are huge and definitely worth the money! This restaurant differs from other fast food restaurants in that the dishes it serves are healthy and prepared using fresh and high quality products. Address: Menandrou 13, Athens. No-meat options include dal tadka, which comprises lentils simmered with onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes, and shahi paneer, which is cottage cheese soaked in a thick gravy with tomatoes and spices. The samosas are highly recommended! Lets explore Athens (Greece) with our ultimate guide to 9 of the best halal restaurants, or uncover Athens (Greece) s hidden halal restaurants with 9 must-visit places. All-year-round. Join us on a journey to uncover Athens (Greece) s best-kept secrets with our list of 9 halal restaurants. I always find it fascinating and it makes my heart full. Greeks know that you need customers to make the numbers work and it is our responsibility as travellers to let them know this is what we need. You can enjoy with your friends and family in this restaurant with a comfortable environment, which provides its customers with delicious dishes at affordable prices. 167 $$ Moderate Persian/Iranian, Halal, Kebab . Karamanlidika The Byzantine Karamanlidika Restaurant is located in a modern classic house, and provides a rich menu with selected types of delicious and popular Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, and it is also worth noting that it has several halal options as well. Another lunch stop for Indian food, this restaurant has been reviewed by past customers as the best Indian food in Athens. Halal-friendly holidays in Greece 2023 - HalalBooking It also uses fresh and high-quality products to prepare its dishes. Halal Food Alcohol-free Areas Leisure for Ladies and Family Location Review Score Stars Meal Plan Property type Airport transfers Other popular filters We Price Match Greece Attica Central Greece Central Macedonia Crete East Macedonia and Thrace Epirus Ionian Islands North Aegean Peloponnese South Aegean Thessaly West Greece West Macedonia " Whether you're digging into a substantial salad, steaming bowl of soup, or an epic "pizza boat," Feyrouz is definitely an outstanding gastronomic experience of Greece and the Middle East right in the heart of Athens. Muslim Friendly Villas Santorini with Private Pools, Why having a baby travel routine makes it easier for you to travel. Tip: If you are staying in a villa or somewhere more local as for the weekly farmers market. "Delicious food a must try.". Please either remove it or start serving halal food." more Athens is one of the most well-known cities in the world where millions of tourists visit per year. Other Muslim-friendly restaurants: Makkah Restaurant: Address: 13 Anaxagora Athens Green Garden: 10 Geraniou Athens Noors Restaurant: 43 Deligiorgi, Athens Dhaka Palace: Geraniou 26, Athens Pera: Aiolou 57, Athens 0 Dina Malyana Dina is one who is constantly dreaming of elsewhere. For you pizza folks, you've gotta try this. What I liked the most compared to other calzones is the thinness of the dough, and texture wasmore, Ordered and didn't even have time to use the restroom before it was ready. Mediterranean Grill. Do note that the area is considered to be a sketchy neighbourhood; with this in mind, you can decide whether or not to journey there. to Halal restaurants & markets. Every single day I will see at least one Muslim couple exploring the city or enjoying a walk on the promenade. The airport is situated about 27km from the city center and features excellent facilities. Find Halal Food and Restaurants in Athens, Greece Guide to Halal food places, restaurants and buffets in Athens, Greece. A few blocks down the Namaste Indian Restaurant is Indian Chef, another spot for Indian food thats been described as authentic by Indians themselves. The samosas are highly recommended! There is a good range of Halal restaurants in Athens where visitors can relish a wide range of cuisines. Even if yourhoteldoesnt offerhalalfood I am sure they will have tavernas offering choices that you can enjoy and taste a littleGreekfood option. Last time I went to Vouliagmeni beach which is paid about 10 euros per pay but you get sunbed and umbrella. O Thanasis is also the go-to spot for souvlaki, a Greek dish with meat chunks grilled on a skewer. You can, of course, use Airbnb as well, you get 15 discount on your first stay if you sign up via my link. Namaste Indian Restaurant Namaste Indian Restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, distinctive Indian dcor and friendly staff, and its menu contains many dishes with strong and delicious flavors. It is surrounded by the neighbourhoods of Zappeio, Monastiraki, Makrigianniand the centre of Athens. NEAR ME. Quality, friendly service and a great taste, prices are really cheap, a decent environment to go with the family Own or manage this property? Showing results in neighboring cities. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. You can enjoy the traditional Greek cuisine served, serving pasta, boiled eggs, cheese omelet, sandwiches, chicken fillet, pasta, burgers with french fries and much more. Both were excellent with plenty of pork and fresh vegetables. You can buy so many souvenirs and gifts to take back home. 7 Best Halal Restaurants in Athens for a Delicious Meal Zabihah - Find halal restaurants near you with the original Halal Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Personally, I am not a fussy eater and I will eat sometimes the chicken (there I said it) if I feel like it. . Athens is famous for its rich history and culture dating back centuries. So do plan accordingly. Currently, you can find a few restaurants mostly in big cities offering Halalfood choices and there are noHalalhotelsinGreecethat serve food. Also, do order the mouthwatering feta cheese naan to complete your meal. I have embedded the Google map link as it is easier to find. Athens is easy to explore with the metro, tram and local buses all connecting into various parts of the city. Its a basic restaurant layout with a grocery store in the back. Athens Tourism Athens Accommodation Athens Bed and Breakfast Athens Holiday Rentals Athens Holiday Packages Athens Flights Athens Restaurants Athens Attractions Athens Travel Forum Athens Photos Athens Map Athens Guide All Athens Hotels . Description: Our restaurant is a Turkish restaurant serving Halal Food . Muslims are different and many travellers have a different preference and understanding of theirhalal food needs. In addition to the delicious dishes offered by the restaurant, it is also characterized by its great service and low prices. Great restaurant with simple and yet elegant interior. Press | Send us your Press Releases & Media Invites. I personally go for the fresh option even if its a little more expensive. content enquiries. It is the perfect destination for all Indian food lovers, so do not hesitate and take a break from your tour and enjoy eating the most delicious Indian food in the heart of Athens. Ranked #933 of 3,460 Restaurants in Athens. Share your Halal dining experience. Athens - Menu & Hours - International Grill And Bar - Athens Great selection of food, my family love this restaurant. 4. It is definitely a must-see landscape, even though not many tourists know about the place. -Stefanos Papaioannou, Urban Adventures feyrouz_athens 129 Looking for a taste of the Middle East in Athens? This restaurant is known to serve a fabulous selection of delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian Pakistani cuisine. I know it is a very popular destination for Muslims or not and I have seen some amazing photos. Also, a halal Indian restaurant is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. You wont be disappointed with the chicken tikka, lamb curry or the mutton karahi, especially when you realise that your meal costs as little as 5 Euros! Now, while there is no idea of the time Halal Friendly Hotels & Serviced Apartments, New Exciting Luxury Cruise Ships Set to Sail in 2023, Top 10 Budget-Friendly Destinations to Travel to in 2023, Top 10 Must-Visit Destinations for Solo Travelers in 2022, 10 Mosques to Add to Your Bucket List in 2022, Top 10 Muslim Friendly Destinations To Travel In 2022. The locals and tourists adore the charming and ancient neighbourhoods of Plakaand Monastiraki. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 MuslimTravelGirl | Bamboo on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. "Some of favorite dishes are Lamb Biryani, Garlic Naan and Saag Paneer.". This huge restaurant serves hearty kebabs at good prices. The marinara is the perfect blend of spice and tartness. HOME - Feyrouz Levantine Street Food more. California. Get directions. Restaurants in Athens Greece caf bars restaurants with Acropolis view Enjoy! "I ordered the mixed grill which includes a ground beef kabob, a minced chicken kabob and grilled." more. "Great food, the best street falafel in Athens.". I had yet to find a place other than this spot.". There are supermarkets selling halal meat in the ethnic areas near Omonia, Psiri etc. Milan Sweets & Bakers offers a selection of fresh and authentic Pakistani dishes, as well as a variety of mouthwatering sweets. Being under the Acropolis hill, it is known as The Neighbourhood of the Gods. These are the best halal restaurants that offer delivery in Athens, GA: People also liked: halal restaurants that offer catering. CrescentRating. My most favourite order while on holiday at home. Pay by credit card to make the checkout process easier. A one-way metro ticket per person to the city center costs around 8 Euros. The space is unpretentious, the service is commendable, and the food tastes homemade. There is also a wonderful selection of salads and Arabic appetizers that appeal to you. Place address: Zaatar FALAFEL KEBAP, Sofokli Venizelou 1, Dafni 172 35, Greece.