JavaScript is currently disabled. you will have instant access to your previous versions. Wikidot.com Terms of Service - what you can, what you should not etc. Thankfully, without Baba Lysaga to worry about, we were able to finish them off in a couple of rounds. However, Baba Lysaga had now taken a lot of damage and was looking weak. sword. and our The Sunsword Flip over card 3, and read: This is a card of power and strength. Three magic missiles shot from Kosefs staff, striking the witch; she then resisted Victors Confusion spell. Every player who has wandered off alone has learned the inevitability of being alone in the darkness of Ravenloft. It tells of a . The zombies were now fifteen feet away. You should check them out. The Sunsword is a sentient chaotic good weapon with an Intelligence of 11, a Wisdom of 17, and a Charisma of 16. you will have instant access to your previous versions. https://ddowiki.com/index.php?title=Item:Sunsword&oldid=526647, Striking Strahd with this weapon is required to make him, This page was last modified 07:02, October 14, 2022 (Update 56.3.1) by. For more information, please see our 2023 Wizards. ), so I volunteered to scope out the building, leaving Gimble and Victor to watch over Barsh and Ireena. He pushed again. Thankfully it was a cantrip so he could repeat the spell moments later on our Dragonborn friend. Ascendant campaigns can view previous versions of their pages, see what has changed (and who did it), and even restore old versions. As long as all three hags of the coven are within 30 feet they can use their shared spellcasting ability, but as soon as one is dealt with or moves away, this ability ends. All hail the Sun Sword! We think you'll have a much more enjoyable experience. View and manage file attachments for this page. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. The source of the underwater glow is a sentient lawful good +1 shortsword (Intelligence 11, Wisdom 13, Charisma 13). Game mechanics Newbie guide In development DDO Store Social Media, Challenges Classes Collectables Crafting Enhancements Epic Destinies Favor Feats, Glossary Items Maps Monsters Places Quests Races Reincarnation Skills Spells. Sensing the adventurers clustered together beneath her, she a twisted, warty finger downward. They grasped, clasped, grappled, and crushed the adventurers, clubbing and . You should check them out. You should check them out. We are ending an Out of the Abyss campaign, which introduced a side-quest where a Sun Blade could be found early on. Jonathan H. Liu, Patricia Volmer, Sophie Brown, David Michael, Gerry Tolbert, Andrew Smith, Ray Wehrs, Joel Becker, Scott Gaeta, Beth Kee, Joey Mills, talkie_tim, Danny Marquardt, Adam Bruski, John Bain, Bill Moore, Adam Frank, Lacey Hays, Peter Morson, James Needham, Matt Fleming, Adam Anderson, Jim Reynolds, Seiler Hagan, Bryan Wade, Petrov Neutrino, Jay Shapiro, Paul Benson, Darren Blankenship, John Booth, Jenny Bristol, Rory Bristol, Robin Brooks, Tom Fassbender, Whit Honea, Rob Huddleston, Will James, Joey Mills, Brad Moon, Anton Olsen, Skip Owens, Mariana Ruiz, Derrick Schneider, Tony Sims, Dakster Sullivan, Mark Vorenkamp. Don't be afraid to use them to aid the story you are trying to tell. Meanwhile, Ireena cast a Mass Healing Word on the party (the word was melon), giving us all 10 HP, Barsh then returned the favor giving Ireena 20 points of health (always heal the healer first), and Gimble Timbers began attacking one of the hags who had crept up behind him. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. Then Baba Lysaga began casting a spell at Victor and, as she did, she raised her skull another 100 feet in the air, well out of our reach. The Sun Sword. Strahd employed a powerful wizard named Khazan to destroy the weapon after Sergei's death. Striking Strahd with this weapon is required to make him vulnerable to damage for a short period of time. Privacy Policy. 3. Feel free to ask more questions here. Shoving his hand into the dirt where the stone had stood he clasped something warm. The first part of the process required the hilt and the blade . In our case, Barsh, when hes not stunned and useless, can offer his allies the benefit of his Aura of Protection. Obsidian Portal has a lot of really cool features that use JavaScript. I have an idea for the party to meet Exetanther to meet them in the library, being as helpful as possibly imaginable, and holding the sword in the library, perhaps in a display case, or somewhere in the bookcases. Obsidian Portal has a lot of really cool features that use JavaScript. We were told we could find the Sun Sword here, but first had to deal with the swamps current caretaker and general cackling mad-person, Baba Lysaga. Sentience. The first part of the process required the hilt and the blade to be separated, which Khazan accomplished. My particular take on it is not very closely aligned with the standard rules and I have a house ruleset that fills several pages. Strahd employed a powerful wizard named Khazan to destroy the weapon after Sergei's death. It has, however, gained the properties of a sun blade. While the blade persists, you can use an action to expand or reduce its radius of bright and dim light by 5 feet each, to a maximum of 30 feet each or a minimum of 10 feet each. Well, when I pregenerated cards one of the treasures was in the amber temple. That is a *really* interesting point. My Ravenloft is particularly deadly - not because I make the encounters harder than normal (or even as hard as normal) - but because I run the game where the world really is, literally, out to get you. Then the tome describes in more detail the events of the wedding and pulls back the veil on Strahd's lies (and mentions the sun sword). Sorry for any confusion. Its a spell that compels you to follow instructions which, if you refuse, causes massive psychic damage, as Victor found out. There followed a tense standoff between rogue and ghost. The Sunsword is a unique blade once possessed by Strahd's brother, Sergei von Zarovich. For more information, please see our Kosef darted around a corner following Ulrichs directions. My name is Lazlo Ulrich, what are you doing here? Now that we have the Sun Sword we can head straight to Ravenloft and challenge Strahd once and for all. We hadnt encountered Geas before, and are in no hurry to do so again. Death House could even be played as a thrilling horror one-shot adventure. The weapon secretly fears its own destruction. He felt the stone shift. Read the boxed text . Alternatively, the sword could activate on its own - and Strahd will definitely be forced to drop it. Gimble Timbers Gnome Fighter, numb on his left side, has a pet dog Kevon; The Durability is 390 maximum but it comes with 100 damage, so it is effectively 290. Her magical energy was fading. This was the first time Gimble Timbers has cast Spare the Dying since he learnt the ability last level-up. Owner: LadySamantha. His fingers pulsed with energy and he pressed gently on Ireenas heart. I give my players plenty of options to resolve encounters based on what they need to get out of it, and never punish them for failing to gauge the level of threat. The weapon communicates by transmitting emotions to the creature carrying it or wielding it. - I put the Sun Sword with the Hag since she is one of the hardest things to battle and hence I figured she would be protecting the sword. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Ravenloft is my favorite game setting by far, and I have run it many times. They met Ismark and Ireena, buried the Burgomaster (but didn't interact with Doru - which was a pity) and started making their way to Valaki. He jumped to his feet with 1HP and ran to help Ireena. Curse of Strahd borrows a lot of advice from older editions of D&D . While the blade exists, this magic longsword has the finesse property. So, hoping to find shelter, we headed there. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. Victor Human (Teenage) Wizard-in-Training, NPC; JavaScript is currently disabled. The characters gain a level when they obtain the Tome of Strahd, the, Symbol of Ravenkind, the Tome of Strahd, and the, Treasure Locations The cards of the common deck determine the locations of the Tome of Strahd (card 1), the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind (card 2), and the. END. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Plus, you have our DriftingInLifesRiver 3 yr. ago. Change the name (also URL address, possibly the category) of the page. Players will have to battle the remnants of Vampyr's essence and learn of the pact it made with Strahd. Finesse. There's also a plot seed from Kasimir (N5a), though the PCs probably aren't high enough level to have a chance in the amber temple when they reach him. He had been trapped here for hundreds of years by Strahd for preventing the vampire from turning and marrying his daughter Marina. The Sunsword is a unique blade once possessed by Strahds brother, Sergei von Zarovich. For example: one of my friends was eyeing up the Aarakocra race, who can fly. Watch headings for an "edit" link when available. Hearing those words, Kosef hastily thanked Ulrichs ghost and dashed out of the mansion. It has hearing and normal vision out to a range of 60 feet. View User Profile View Posts Send Message . I made it so that the Sunsword is inside the broken Sarcophagus downstairs, it contains a sliver of the dark power Vampyr. It communicates by transmitting emotion to the creature carrying or wielding it. One more push. And totally agreed @Pantagruel666, I'm already thinking ahead towards ways to clue the group in on the extreme perils some locations may have. Obsidian Portal has a lot of really cool features that use JavaScript. sergei. Khazan later located his apprentice's mutilated corpse in the Svalich Woods, but the hilt was nowhere to be found. Sensing the adventurers clustered together beneath her, she a twisted, warty finger downward. #dnd #dungeonsanddragons #curseofstrahdWe take a look at all the Tarokka deck readings that will guide your players to items and talk of their impact in your. Everyone except for Kosef and Victor had to make dexterity saving throws to avoid the fireball. I never even looked at all the areas to double check their supposed overall CR, I just nodded along to whatever the book said. weapon (melee) Description: This is a standard spear with the following properties: When wielded by someone attuned to it, it grants a +2 bonus to attacks and damage. As he stepped across the threshold, a morose apparition appeared. Party found the Sunsword in the first session, do I need help? He said he must protect Baba. But we shouted him down; clearly this was the effect of his being charmed. He pulled it out. Though Khazan managed to disassemble the blade, the hilt vanished. A crude wooden fence circled the dilapidated building. 4. We are starting a Curse of Strahd campaign soon with brand-new PCs and I feel it'd cheapen the unique artifact quality of the Sunsword to have the same . They grasped, clasped, grappled, and crushed the adventurers, clubbing and slamming into them. weapon of vengeance: a sword of sunlight. While Khazan was busying himself destroying the blade, his apprentice stole the hilt and fled. The weapon communicates by transmitting emotions to the creature carrying it or wielding it. no risk refund guarantee Thick black, oily tentacles erupted from the ground. This ability allows his companions to add his charisma modifier to any saving throwas long as hes conscious and within 10 feet. The party gave it to an elven war cleric and she's been using it for about a year of real-life time. Curse of Strahd is a 257-page adventure for D&D 5e that transports players into a horrifying pocket dimension called Barovia. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Expand the Mystic Vale in Vale of Magic. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. The sun sword's location is determined by madam eva's tarokka reading. Although it really would have been useful last night too. In its original form it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as diamond. or similar are spoken, the Sun Sword flies through the air into the hand of the character. As a sentient weapon it also has intelligence, wisdom, and charisma scores, all of which are higher than the majority of our group. When making an attack with a finesse weapon, you use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls. We think you'll have a much more enjoyable experience. You must use the same modifier for both rolls. Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica; 2019. Or did it? Click here to edit contents of this page. A sword of sunlight, once wielded by Sergei von Zarovich. Curse of Strahd was released in 2016; since then, there have been many supplement books with extra races and subclasses. It's like having a rewind button for your campaign. Sentience. So I have rigged the Tarroka Deck, and it made sense to me that the Sunsword would be in the Amber Temple, in the head of the statue. I drew the 3 of Spades/Swords 'The Soldier' C9T6 for the Tome of Strahd, 9 of Diamonds/Coins 'The Miser' C4K41for the Holy Symbol, the 5 of Clubs/Stars 'The Elementalist' C13K41 for the Sunsword, the King od Diamonds/Coins 'The Broken One' for Strahd's Enemy and the Queen of Clubs/Stars 'The Raven' C4K88 for Strahd's . One of the hags ran towards us, claws raised, and hit both Barsh and Ireena with fierce attacks. (not the Sun Sword) should be located within the Castle (perhaps the Tome and the Holy Symbol, or just the tome). At the same time, arrogant or unserious players might find themselves laid low by a minor wound that resists magical healing and slowly saps their strength until they seek out the local experts who deal in the kinds of unique trauma that occur in Ravenloft. Seeing our party roused again, Baba Lysaga, who was badly hurt and out of spells, tried to escape in her floating skull. It was broken in two long ago, and the blade was lost. He stood up and pushed the stone. The hilt, which is sentient, knows that it can never be reunited with its original crystal blade. Weapon (longsword), legendary (requires attunement). Often imitated, never duplicated. The swords luminous blade emits bright light in a 15-foot radius and dim light for an additional 15 feet. After Segei'smurder, Strahd ordered the blade destroyed by his wizard, Khazan. Something does not work as expected? The Sunsword is a sentient chaotic good weapon with an Intelligence of 11, a Wisdom of 17, and a Charisma of 16. Strahd was obsessed with Marina because she appeared like the reincarnation of his lost love Tatyanajust like our Ireena. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. A quest could be completed! Last Update: August . Victors body crumpled on the ground. Thats exactly the kind of behavior that will get you demoted! Gimble Timbers called out to the crumpled deadwizard. Click here to toggle editing of individual sections of the page (if possible). The realm was a prison for its darklord, the vampire Strahd von Zarovich, as well as the entire population of the valley. I'm concerned that it is going to make some of the encounters too easy on them? Victor wasnt having any of it. Almost the . Or so we thought. Geek Daily Deals Aug. 13, 2018: Sale on Anker Charging Gadgets Cables, Batteries, Chargers, and More! Append content without editing the whole page source. It has, however, gained the properties of a sun blade. , so there's nothing to lose. Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide; 2018. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. He then told us that the Sun Sword was buried beneath a monument to Marina in the center of Berez. Sometimes a monster may have an attack or ability that requires a certain object or other monsters to be in play. Tales from the Yawning Portal [+] The Sunless Citadel; The Forge of Fury; The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan; White Plume . Monstrous Compendium Vol 3: Minecraft Creatures, Need Some Help with 'Curse of Strahd' and Location Hooks. A bolt of energy shot from his fingertip and her body bounced with the impact as she returned with a gasp. If you want the sun sword in a specific location you can just preset it. We ended last session mid-battle with the infamous swamp-witch and picked uprightfrom where we left off. Kosef smiled, he finally had a present for Gimble Timbers. Twice our DM had to reconsider their turn as he realized this limitation. I have the opposite problem: there's stuff in CoS that it's easy to hit early on that will absolutely kill lower level parties (e.g. The valley of Barovia was the oldest and best known of the Domains of Dread. He raised his fake-mannequin arm, normally used for casting Lightning Boltat things, and it glowed blue, illuminating the burn scars along it. Brundle Swash Gnome Druid, gets electrocuted a lot, ABSENT; Appreciate all the suggestions @gravedgr, I definitely love digging back into the past editions and history of the setting so I'll keep the site in mind. If you are proficient with shortswords or longswords, you are proficient with the sun blade. Kosef snuck into the house. Now we needed somewhere to rest. This item appears to be a longsword hilt. Okay so the story of the sunsword is that Strahd fears it - he knows it can kill him (as mentioned in his diary) so he had a wizard destroy it. and our and our no risk refund guarantee In particular, when I need them to divert to a camp for information gathering/sharing, it is very easy to make their trip from where they are to where they want to go be a multi-day trip that leaves them in the wilderness during the night. General Wikidot.com documentation and help section. They stopped and stayed with the Vistani overnight and had the reading, and the card I drew for the Sunsword was at the River Ilvis crossroads so they figured that out and dug it up the next day. The Sunsword is a sentient chaotic good weapon with an Intelligence of 11, a Wisdom of 17, and a Charisma of 16. The first part of the process required the hilt and the blade to be separated, which Khazan accomplished. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. But, it's a trump card that can be bypassed, diminished, or stolen if Strahd knows about it. Unfortunately we couldnt all play, so our gnome druid missed out on the epic battle, but nonetheless this was probably my favorite session so far. We had all taken damage last session too, but Ireena was on hand to heal us, although she was now running very low on spell slots. He sped past Gimble Timbers and Victor, yelling that he would return in a moment. Sentience. The players don't need to know that this is what the words will do, only that they will reveal the Sun Sword's power. For more information, please see our He held the glowing Sun Sword aloft. Make sure you present it as Strahd, not as your personal self, of course. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. There's a real wealth online, but every bit helps. The Sunsword is one of the artifacts that Madame Eva foretold in her card reading would help our heroes defeat Strahd von Zarovich. It is designed to introduce Curse Of Strahd, exploring its themes on a miniature scale, and is intended for level one players. These stories are useful for dropping clues and rumors about resources the party can use/may need, revealing potential weaknesses or diverting them from challenges they are not ready to face. This site works best with JavaScript enabled. Lastnightwe played the 66th session in our online Curse of Strahd D&D campaign and we finally managed to achieve something heroic. As Brundle couldnt play, we decided that the fireball would be enough to make him reconsider his participation in the battle. It hardly moved. Next week we embark on the last phase of our journey. Liked it? Curse of Strahd Dragon of Icespire Peak . By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Tips. If they confront the vampire too soon, without the benefit of magic items such as the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind and the, the boxed text for the appropriate card, as given in the Treasure Locations section that follows. To avoid the vampire's wrath, Khazan told Strahd that the entire weapon had been destroyed. Go away! he said forlornly. Need Some Help with 'Curse of Strahd' and Location Hooks #1 Mar 27, 2020. It was entirely possible to run a Ravenloft campaign back in the day and nobody could actually wield the thing. Nepharon and Associates: The Kosef Division: Kosef Human Rogue/Wizard, wants to be leader, played by me; The Sunsword is a unique blade once posessed by Strahd von Zarovich's brother, Sergei. We've already been saving your edits, so if you He read the inscription on the plaque, Marina, taken by the mists. Scrambling around in the dirt he found nothing. Bludgeoned and bloody, Baba Lysaga was looking desperate. An example of this is the three Night Hags we were facing last night. The Sunsword is a unique blade once possessed by Strahd's brother, Sergei von Zarovich. Secondly, do other DM's have tried and true ways of encouraging (subtly) their Players to attempt and explore (loot) Castle Ravenloft prior to any sort of final battle? weapon, pretty much ever. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. There's a real wealth online, but . JavaScript is currently disabled. Barsh rolled another death save, his fourth of the session, but his first natural 20. Cookie Notice Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Session 66: Any Given Sun Sword. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. The first part of the process required the hilt and the blade to . Bludgeoned and bloody, Baba Lysaga was looking desperate. With her last healing spell she managed to revivify Victor and he rejoined the party, alsowith 1HP. I'm looking to force those 3 but leave the final encounter random and make the enemy random but give them chances to get every single enemy because of how much stronger strahd is. Eberron: Rising from the Last War; 2020. 2023 Wizards. Baba Lysaga had taken a lot of damage but her coven of three Night Hags was still causing trouble. It had become a sentient magical sword, with a blade made of pure sunlight. Kosef raised his staff; he had just enough juice for one more spell, and cast Cone of Cold at the witch and her hags shouting, For Victor! They countered the spell and it had no effect. random63 3 yr. ago. Brundle raised his hands into the air and called out to the sky once more. This item appears to be a longsword hilt. Encounter != combat in all cases. While grasping the hilt, you can use a bonus action to cause a blade of pure radiance to spring into existence, or make the blade disappear. Take a second to support GeekDad and GeekMom on Patreon! a coven of 3 night hags (17,400 adjusted xp). Notify administrators if there is objectionable content in this page. Explorer's Guide to Wildemount; Mythic Odysseys of Theros; . It has hearing and normal vision out to a range of 120 feet. It has hearing and normal vision out to a range of 60 feet. Are there any combinations of races/classes I should advise players to take in our session 0 tonight? I hope its worth it. Bring him back! he yelled to Ireena, who had already run to Victors side. It has hearing and normal vision out to a range of 60 feet. i've had a flick through the curse of strahd book and the sunsword is obviously important but can't seem to find where its located, i know i could just be blind or just don't understand it, i'm just wondering where it is located specifically or ve im to only have a general location for it, few questions about the sun sword and its location, Scan this QR code to download the app now. Although that might not be sensible. I haven't done the card reading as of yet, though I'm thinking that one or two treasures (not the Sun Sword) should be located within the Castle (perhaps the Tome and the Holy Symbol, or just the tome). as given in the "Treasure Locations" section that follows. Although there was a real possibility he might be the only one to survive this fight. Her magical energy was fading. The mighty paladin Kevon found the blade hidden away in the Ruins of Berez. The Sunsword is one of the artifacts that Madame Eva foretold in her card reading would help our heroes defeat Strahd von Zarovich. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Old Bonegrinder), so have to figure how to direct PCs elsewhere. It crashed to the ground between him and the dead. 3. It has hearing and normal vision out to a range of 60 feet. It was covered in moss and the walls had mostly crumbled away leaving only the skeletal shell of a house long abandoned. However, having THE SUNSWORD in some statue or in the treasury seems odd to me. The zombies shambled closer. We were really on the back foot now. The apprentice's remains where found in Svalich forest but not the hilt. Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under, John Cotton Dana. 10. If you want to discuss contents of this page - this is the easiest way to do it. And considering that the creatures at that location have a very specific synergy bonus, that's pretty crazy. Wow, so we killed Baba Lysaga AND we got the Sun Sword. The Sunswords special purpose is to destroy Strahd, not so much because it wants to free the land of Barovia from evil but because it wants revenge for the loss of its crystal blade. Cookie Notice He wasnt attacking and we didnt know why. upgrade now Find out what you can do. DM Tip: Always read the applicable entries in the monster manual fully and check your monsters abilities and attacks for caveats. , so there's nothing to lose. - I put the Holy Symbol with the Knights of the Silver Dragon since it fit well with what had happened to Hornguard. The adventure is firmly rooted in the horror genre and pits the players against ghosts, werewolves, and the titular vampire himself: Strahd Von Zarovich. The weapon communicates by transmitting emotions to the creature carrying or wielding it. I was wondering what the best locations for the sun sword, holy symbol of raven kind, as well as the tome of strahd are. Monstrous Compendium Vol 3: Minecraft Creatures, crystal blade. Appellion. It has, however, gained the properties of a Sun Blade. Hed finally discovered the whereabouts of something theyd searched for. This is an in-quest item given by Rudolph van Richten to one of the player characters at the start of the raid. If it's a "big oops", the monsters will either make a mistake, lose interest or perhaps mock them as they flee, depending on the situation. Thunder rumbled all around as the witch lost concentration on her spell and the tentacles withdrew into the ground. upgrade now Our DM, Strahd simply charmed the Sun Blade's wielder and took him out of the fight So my cleric simply cast daylight, and we went to battle There are not many magic weapons in CoS, maybe like 6. We think you'll have a much more enjoyable experience. We killed him with the luck blade and spells Eventually, after hearing we were looking for the Sun Sword to defeat Strahd, the ghost calmed down and told his story. In its original form, it had a platinum hilt and guard, and a thin crystal blade as strong as steel. The three hags then made their presence known. Cookie Notice Does anyone has some good tricks to limit its power - without stealing it? Kosef screamed out in agony. :). The zombies cowered. It's like having a rewind button for your campaign. Ireena, Gimble Timbers, Brundle, Baba Lysagas hut, and the three Hags all took 21 points of damage. After the fireball, Victor and Kosef ran closer to the party to get within range of attacking Baba Lysaga. The Sunsword is a unique blade once possessed by Strahds brother, Sergei von Zarovich. Victor had spotted a ruined mansion in the last session that was only 500 feet away. The first part of the process . At this point none of us had more than 10HP and the hags were still relatively unharmed. The Vistani - there are wagon camps all over the domain, so don't hesitate to drop one alongside the road where players cannot help to find it. The Sunsword is a powerful magical relic mentioned in the prophecy told by Madam Eva as the weapon that will be used to kill Count Strahd von Zarovich. Barash took 42 and was knocked unconscious. Versatile. Although the Vistani in this camp are in league with Strahd, they attack only if the characters provoke them with threats or insults.. This subreddit serves as a helpful place for anyone running the Curse of Strahd module for D&D 5e. Would this be a bad idea. My players are currently set to finish 'Death House' today and finally begin the true adventure of 'Curse of Strahd.'