Eve is. [16], On April 7, 2015, the band released their twelfth studio album, Blow Up the Moon which peaked at No. [8][24][25], In August 2016, he announced a pending surgical procedure to repair collapsed vertebrae in his neck, necessitating the postponement and cancellation of some Blues Traveler shows.[26][27]. He attended Davenport Ridge School, Stamford Catholic High School (now Trinity Catholic High School), and Princeton High School, from which he graduated in 1986. The bands biggest hit Run-Around, which reached #8, spent nearly one year on the charts, won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance, and helped the album Four sell 6x platinum. his bed at 11 a.m. by two friends who had been spending the night. Share. Popper played trumpet in the Princeton High School Studio Jazz Band and convinced the teacher to let him play harmonica instead, after an in-class solo on the song "She Blinded Me with Science. the band's tour bus crashed on an interstate. Popper is an avid collector of weaponry, including firearms, swords, and a working $10,000 American Civil War cannon. Harmonicist, singer and guitarist John Popper and drummer Brendan Hill formed a group they called The Establishment (later renamed Blues Band) with Hill's brother on bass and a rotating roster of guitarists. festival as an alternative to others such as Lollapalooza, along with other bands such as Phish and Spin Doctors. RELATED: Jesus Lizard to play Metro's 35th anniversary celebration , Tom Petty: 10 songs you should know, but probably don't , Bobby Narangs girls soccer rankings and player of the week for Lake County, Aerosmith announces farewell tour starting in September, Review: The Porch on Windy Hill at Northlight Theatre explores family and folk music, but has a long way to go, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. sleep at 4:30 a.m. and was discovered in an unresponsive state in 9. The band's music has been used in video games (NASCAR 2000) and commercials (Busch Beer). The 2003 Independence Day concerts were recorded for a home video and a live album release. On the show, he plays himself and befriends the band, ZO2, helping them get a record deal. Art Neville played only a cowbell. Police Department said an autopsy was pending. Popper was a passenger in a Mercedes pulled over on Wednesday night for driving 111 miles per hour in eastern Washington state. One such belt later sold for $2,700 on the History Channel series Pawn Stars. But this time was different. But for health reasons, I'm glad he trimmed down. The subsequent tour was canceled midway due to poor ticket sales, and Popper instead took the time to focus on his health. Auditions for a new bassist were held in concert, and included Chan Kinchla's younger brother Tad, who was unanimously determined to be the best choice for the role. "If it was 20 or 25 years ago, I don't think I could do this solo performance that I'm doing now," he says. Their bassist died a few years ago of an overdose, but Popper is most definitely still alive. [5] He took lessons on the piano, the cello, and the guitar, but none of those instruments appealed to him, and he hated being forced to practice. MTV, EMA and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. The album, which features a guest appearance by Bruce Willis in the track "Free Willis (Ruminations From Behind Uncle Bob's Machine Shop)", released in August 2008. According to Popper, he's already making changes in his daily life. The group recorded the Johnny Rivers song "Secret Agent Man" for the film Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls at Icon Recording Studios in St. Louis, Missouri and the Bob Seger song "Get Out of Denver" for the film Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, as well as Fats Domino's "I'm Walkin'" for Rebel Highway: Cool and the Crazy. [38], Popper has said, "I was a bleeding-heart liberal, until I got a job,"[38] and describes himself as "a libertarian who is a Republican when pushed". She didn't feel the same way, and it forced me to look at my life. [22] The album Hurry Up & Hang Around was released on October 12, 2018, through BMG. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! He was born on March 29, 1967, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. The band sometimes plays two consecutive nights, starting on July 3. Popper has provided narration for art projects produced by his friends, including Das Clown, an award-winning short film in slideshow style that was screened at the Sundance Film Festival.[16]. Hey there! Who is famous for playing a 12-string guitar. "I call it my torch song," Popper says about the tune. All further information about where the band is going to go Who gives the best guitar lessons on YouTube? "A song like 'Once You Wake Up,' is about that realization about finally wanting to live," Popper said of the ballad. 4.92 (24) Highly responsive. It has also provided a place for artists like the Dave Matthews Band and Sheryl Crow. As Blues Traveler celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, frontman John Popper wonders where the time has gone. It has always been a tight race at the top of the MLFFGTD list, but in recent years some of strongest contenders fulfilled their destiny even earlier than many health experts would have predicted, leaving Popper the leading favorite. It's all fun! Blues Traveler is a jam band formed in Princeton, New Jersey in 1987 and primarily known for its two 90s hits "Run Around" and "Hook" (both from the album Four) and for the band's lead singer, John Popper, appearing on Roseanne as Dan's best friend. "You see so many people (at band shows), it can get overwhelming and distancing," he says. A prolific songwriter, he has composed the majority of the lyrics and music of Blues Traveler's songs. View all concerts. Popper underwent successful angioplasty surgery, but the band was [43][44], No charges were filed for the weapons, as they were all registered and securely locked away, and Popper was licensed to carry them, with the exception of the brass knuckles and switchblade knife, which he agreed to surrender. "At night, we would go out to these clubs and learn how to play live music, get people dancing and sell booze.". John Popper (born March 29, 1967) is an American musician and songwriter, known as the co-founder, lead vocalist, and frontman of the rock band Blues Traveler . Group formed by Popper and Hill as the Blues Band, 1983; moved to New York and changed name to Blues Traveler, 1987; signed contract with A&M Records, 1989, and released self-titled debut album, 1990; founded H.O.R.D.E. Soundtrack: The Truth About Cats & Dogs. [45] Popper and the driver had been driving back to Washington from Austin, Texas, and Popper likes to visit gun ranges during long trips.[46]. From L-R: Ben Wilson, Brendan Hill, Chan Kinchla, John Popper, Tad Kinchla. Who Is The Lead Singer Of The Steeldrivers? [6][7], He originally wanted to become a comedian, finding he could use humor to make friends and avoid bullies,[8] but when he and a friend performed a routine as the Blues Brothers, he found that he enjoyed musical performance. From the [20], In October 1992, Popper was involved in a traffic collision on a motorcycle while traveling to a studio to record for Blues Traveler's third album. Obsessed with travel? The 1996 comedy film Kingpin featured the group playing their song "But Anyway" during the closing credits. How to Choose the Right Guitar String Gauges? (Horizons of Rock Developing Everywhere) music festival, 1992. The band made an appearance performing as themselves in the 1998 movie Blues Brothers 2000 and the 1999 independent film Wildflowers, which had been filmed a couple of years earlier. Popper attended for three years but devoted himself to the band full-time once they signed a record contract, in 1990.[6][9]. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); It could be that you are wondering whether you are in the right place. I will not be 400 pounds and not be able to do what I want.". 5.00 (2 . The vehicle was equipped with flashing emergency lights, a siren and an external public address system. 34 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. A bus carrying the well-traveled rock band Blues Traveler was involved in a one-vehicle crash early Thursday in Wilson Township in Winona County. The sheer amount of weapons and the modifications to the vehicle are not something we see everyday, said Washington State Patrol spokesman Jeff Sevigney, who added that none of the guns were illegally acquired. [33] He said that his Bucks County, Pennsylvania property had 32 acres (13ha) on which he built a private gun range. The number was a muted departure from the band's trademark punchy blues-rock. [citation needed] Popper played the harmonica on Hanson's album This Time Around in 2000, for which he performed on "If Only" and "In the City." A black cat happened to be nearby, and the group took this as a sign and adopted the Black Cat as their mascot figure. "I fell in love with somebody, and there was no way it would work. The group recorded "Rag Mama Rag" for the 2007 tribute album Endless Highway: The Music of The Band, as well as "Free Bird" for Under the Influence: A Jam Band Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Other players included Trey Gunn, Bernie Worrell, Marc Ribot, and Vernon Reid. He appeared on episode 30 of Space Ghost Coast to Coast as a musical guest as well as featuring as a guest on the IFC television comedy series Z Rock. As friends awaited an explanation of what they called a shocking loss, the three surviving members of. In the films final scene, Poppers band Blues Traveler perform their song But Anyway while dressed in traditional Amish clothing. "I always wished I was a heroin addict, because it's cooler," he joked. Little did he know he was also killing himself. [37], Popper (with and without Blues Traveler) has played at conventions, fundraisers, and ceremonies for both Republican and Democratic politicians. What Happened To The Lead Singer Of Blues Traveler? scene. Because each individual diatonic harmonica is tuned to one particular key, he fashioned belts with enough pockets to hold harmonicas in all twelve keys (plus extras) and wore them as a bandolier, or slung over his neck. Bandleader John Popper called. April 13, 2022 by Joe Nevin On August 20, 1999, Bobby Sheehan was found dead in his New Orleans, Louisiana home, where he had been recording music with some friends the night before. He has a powerful voice that can range from soft and gentle to intense and passionate. He wrote the song "Trina Magna" as an exploration of his religious views. Blues Traveler begin their more than two-decade long residency playing Red Rocks every 4th of July. Or go to the main page. Blues Traveler appeared at the 2008 Lollapalooza festival. The band has also given permission for live fan-made recordings to be hosted on websites such as Live Music Archive and eTree.org. [citation needed]. The remaining members of Blues Traveler convened and agreed that Sheehan would have wanted them to continue as a band. An acronym that stands for "Horizons of Rock Developing Everywhere," the rootsy multi-artist summer tour featured legendary heavy-hitters like Neil Young and popular young jam bands Phish and Spin Doctors. John Popper. Musician - Blues Traveler. [28] He cites a fascination with their aesthetic of being "life-savingly efficient" machines. They were also developing a grass-roots base of devoted fans. Attendees can pre-purchase a copy of the show until 30 minutes into the performance and then pick up the CD after the show. in his New Orleans home. Over the years, he's learned to adapt to the changes that come with aging. Blues Traveler began recording their third album, Save His Soul. The album produced the hit "Run-Around," which reached No. "[53] Since 2015, he uses mainly his own signature harmonicas, manufactured by Fender. That's a big change from the mid-80's, when Popper and Brando took a back seat to heavyweight favorites Sam Kinison and Jerry Garcia. Top 5 Embedded C Interview Questions For Beginners. In 1990, Popper began to perform occasional solo concerts in addition to touring with Blues Traveler. [8] Two singles were released from the album, "Defense & Desire" and "Conquer Me", which reached No. Blues Singer. The next studio album, Straight On till Morning, also produced by Barbiero/Thompson, was released in 1997. You're about to have a heart attack,'" Popper said. Blues Traveler lead singer John Popper is still a master at the harmonica, but his voice has slipped some, and it showed especially on the band's two biggest hits "Hook" and "Run Around.". Popper feels he has now accrued the maturity and seasoning to interpret his own material in fresh new ways. Over time, Blues Traveler found itself collaborating and sharing stages with some of the biggest names in music. The album charted at 49 on the Independent Albums, and a live EP of songs from the album was released to independent record stores. His powerful vocals and incredible harmonica playing help make Blues Travelers live shows unforgettable. According to a The pains landed him in a Los Angeles hospital for a procedure to unblock one of the arteries to his heart. The car was registered in Poppers name. Music. This run of intimate shows includes a stop at City Winery on Friday. The tour will begin Sept. 1 with a show at the Bottle & Cork in Dewey Beach, Del. "It's really exciting," Popper says. At one New York show they were discovered by an A&M Records talent scout, Patrick Clifford, and the band signed their first recording contract. 47 on Top Rock Albums Billboard charts. "This is a big victory for me. VisitSingerbioand read everything about the singer. If interested in music and guitars, then you are in the right place and will learn a lot. (RealAudio excerpt of interview). He has fashioned a number of floppy-brimmed hats with flattened harmonica cover plates on the band, which he almost always wears during appearances with Blues Traveler. Sheehan had his own group of fans called FOB (Front of Bob) who would always meet in front of him during live shows. ", Tickets: $55-$68; 312-733-9463 or www.citywinery.com. As the overweight frontman for Blues Traveler, Popper composed and played the harmonica in Run-Around, a song that won a Grammy Award in 1996. Soon enough, Blues Traveler break into a fantastic groove, and a now even better electric chord progression. King; singer-songwriters Jason Mraz and John Mayer; saxophonist Karl Denson; San Francisco's Culann's Hounds; heavy metal band Metallica; rock trio ZO2, and even with the Hungarian Ambassador to the United States, Andrs Simonyi. Blues Traveler crossed over into mainstream pop/rock radio success with their 1994 album, four, which garnered the group extensive media exposure. Popper's own admittance that he has been unsuccessful in dieting in any way or exercising at all ever, makes him a close favorite over the next most likely famous fat guy to die, Marlon Brando. "We can't believe we've gotten to this point.". with Chris Farley gone: Several songs that originated as Popper's solo pieces have become part of Blues Traveler's repertoire, and vice versa. The band played with guitar virtuoso Carlos Santana and opened for the Rolling Stones. John Popper Is Now the Most Likely Famous Fat Guy to Die. He's enjoying the intimate audience experience that comes with a solo show. Louie Anderson, who has lost weight in recent years, might lobby to be removed from the list entirely, as Drew Carey was this past summer. before that to work on a solo album. Lead Singer Of Blues Traveler. Popper was inspired by Jimi Hendrix's guitar playing to make his instrument sound however he wanted. He's . Other famous fat guys who died without being on top of the Famous Fat Guy list: comedian John Belushi (actor/writer/director Orson Welles was top of the list at the time), alleged rapist/film star Fatty Arbuckle, television actor Alan Hale, ("The Skipper" from Gilligan's Island) and former president William Howard Taft. The song has some great attitude. status of those plans now remains up in the air. Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, anger management student, in "Dark Phoenix." Blues Traveler's latest album, Traveler's Blues, was released in July 2021, and has been nominated by The Recording Academy for Best Traditional Blues album at the 2022 Grammy Awards. He was 31. Popper is also performing a number of solo dates. Those hits are great! everybody being there for each other, theres probably no dialogue The Grateful Dead's maiden run at Red Rocks came on July 7-8, 1978. . Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! The original song "Christmas" was included on the benefit album A Very Special Christmas 3. He switches keys multiple times within one song, and this arrangement has allowed him to quickly trade one harmonica for another without looking. Letterman's band leader Paul Shaffer has played on a number of Blues Traveler recordings. John Popper is his name, and he is not dead. Popper is known to be a gun enthusiast and told troopers he was a collector of weapons. Farley's death might be an opportune time for other list members to ask for the panel which puts the list together to reconsider their position. The biggest hit for Blues Travelers was "Run-Around," which peaked at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1995. SPOKANE, Wash. " Blues Traveler singer and harmonica player John Popper was arrested after the vehicle he was riding in was clocked going 111 mph, the Washington State Patrol said Wednesday. The album included Joan Osborne on backing vocals on two tracks. Soft Science extends that legacy on its third album, Maps (Test Pattern), and adds its own twists. Police and medics were summoned, but he was pronounced dead at the "This was the first time that I really felt pains that I couldn't focus out of, and I had to stop what I was doing," he recalled. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Blues Traveler is an American rock band that formed in Princeton, New Jersey in 1987. 3 Min Read. The album was nominated for "Best Traditional Blues Album / Best Traditional Blues Recording" at the 64th annual Grammy Awards. Everyone loves Blues Traveler! He has described himself as a "recovering Catholic". [23] The album features covers of classic blues songs and features Crystal Bowersox, Wendy Moten, Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, Rita Wilson, John Scofield, Warren Haynes, The War and Treaty, Mickey Raphael, and Keb' Mo'. In fact, never tweet. The crash put him in a wheelchair for several months, but Popper continued touring with the band performing in a wheelchair. As some of the Marvel Universes most accomplished combat fighters have found out, what appears to be a thick, blubbery layer of fat, is actually a dense layer of muscle. Speaking from his Pennsylvania home, Popper said he had initially dismissed his chest pains as symptoms of his already-diagnosed diabetes or circulatory problems. [10], Popper has co-written songs with Trey Anastasio, Warren Haynes, Chris Barron, and Jonny Lang. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. Doctors at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center performed an emergency angioplasty which saved Poppers life; he had 95% arterial blockage. Sheehan's death and Popper's struggle with obesity put a damper on the group's success, and A&M dropped the band in 2002. I dont know Chris Farley - dead Read the review. He has. >> Click to read more << Now a music veteran himself, Popper has been busy marking his band's anniversary with several projects. George Couri, a manager for Blues Traveler, said Popper was driving back to western Washington from Austin, Texas and likes to visit gun ranges during long car rides. The band has since made more appearances on The Late Show than any musical artist. Johns musical journey started when he was a child, and he began playing the harmonica at a young age. This track is as great at encouraging you to keep moving forward as it is by reminding you of the mountains. Also know, did Blues Traveler lose weight? As Blues Traveler celebrates its 30th. Who Is The Lead Singer Of Stone Temple Pilots? By 1990 all members had dropped out of college classes. Bop Shop: Songs From Thundercat And Tame Impala, Aiza, Honey Revenge, And More, Jessie Ware Understands That Dancing Is Freedom, On her new album 'That! Popper endorsed George W. Bush in the 2004 U.S. presidential election. trauma. "Run-Around" won a Grammy Award and broke a record for most weeks on the chart.[10]. Book a personalized video $200. Spin Doctors released their debut studio album Pocket Full of Kryptonite in 1991 and it reached #1 in Australia and New Zealand, #2 in the UK and Norway, #3 in the US, #4 in Sweden, and #5 in Germany. [18], Since the success of Blues Traveler, Popper has lived in various locations, including rural Pennsylvania and New Orleans. @fart @katienotopoulos dude def runs twitter searches on the regular too, speaking from experience, @karengeier @katienotopoulos I really am getting turned on by U girls researching the subject so "thoroughly" though ;), @mynameisaverb @karengeier @katienotopoulos nope&neither was the man who impregnated Ur mom,he just lived on an actual subway This harmonica is a extremely popular favorite among professional artists and musicians. [1] His father was a Hungarian immigrant who left Budapest in 1948. Every year since 1994, with the exception of 1999 (due to John Popper's health) and 2020 (due to COVID-19), Blues Traveler has headlined a show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado on the American Independence Day, July 4. Much like a Sumo wrestler, the Kingpin is remarkably powerful, with surprising speed and agility. Bobby Sheehan (musician) Robert Vaughan "Bobby" Sheehan (June 12, 1968 - August 20, 1999) was an American musician and songwriter best known as a founding member and bassist of Blues Traveler . [17], In 2018, Popper appeared in the "Fully Vested" episode of Pawn Stars. his solo tour to begin writing the next Blues Traveler album, and [17] As part of the album's promotion album, Blues Traveler released a music video using Rockstar editor in Grand Theft Auto V on September 14, 2015. --------------- Blues Traveler have been featured on VH1's Behind the Music, A&E's Private Sessions,[12] and Austin City Limits. Popper has toured with the USO, both with Blues Traveler and solo. By the end of 1998, the band had prepared a concept album called The Sun, The Storm and The Traveler, based on Aesop's fable of The North Wind and the Sun, and they planned to record it after a recess in the fall of 1999. Blues Traveler whose hits include such harmonica-fueled songs as "Run Around" (RealAudio excerpt) were forced to cancel their annual July 4 show at Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheatre due to Popper's health problems. 29 on Independent Albums and No. John Popper. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. Blues Traveler Bassist Dead at 31 By Richard Skanse August 24, 1999 Blues Traveler dodged tragedy earlier this year when frontman John Popper underwent successful angioplasty surgery, but the. "The album is so new we haven't even decided on a definitive title yet," he laughs. "I told him [my doctor] about the frequency I was having [the pains], and he said 'You've got to get into bed right now. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. John Popper (born March 29, 1967) is an American musician and songwriter, known as the co-founder, lead vocalist, and frontman of the rock band Blues Traveler. [29] The singer summed up his political position by saying, "I believe in freedom for markets and freedom for individuals, so I guess that makes me a libertarian."[29]. 177 talking about this. touring music festival. They were featured in an episode of the sitcom Roseanne, and later recorded the show's theme song for its final season. Not his weight. Who died from Blues Traveler? Everyone just be nice. John Candy - dead Bobby Sheehan, bassist for the rock band Blues Traveler, was found dead in his New Orleans house Friday morning (Aug. 20), the band's label said. (Test Pattern). The band signed with Sanctuary Records for their next album, Truth Be Told, which achieved number 147 on The Top 200 chart. "This is something Ben and I have always wanted to do.". [13] They did a national tour, with New Jersey-based singer-songwriter Lisa Bouchelle as opening act. Overweight singer/harmonica virtuoso, ready for September solo tour, develops health plan since dodging heart attack. He said he has hired a personal trainer and begun cutting out the fatty foods that he's craved since adolescence. At press time, Karas said he did not yet have information to pass It achieved platinum status, reaching number 11 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, but did not perform as well as four. Now Horde (an acronym for Horizons of Rock Developing Everywhere) has given his music a more prominent home. Her concert in 2019 came 50 years after her first performance at the venue, when Ross, as lead singer of the Supremes . "[35] Popper was a supporter of Ron Paul during the 2012 U.S. presidential election, even participating in phone-banking at Ron Paul's New Hampshire campaign headquarters. "I had to stop. John Popper; Genres: Blues rock, alternative rock, jam band: Occupation(s) musician, songwriter, promoter: Instruments: Vocals, harmonica, guitar: He is a charismatic performer who connects with his audience and brings a sense of energy and excitement to the stage. from here will be coming at some time in the future.. In March 2012, Blues Traveler released a double-disc compilation titled 25 on Hip-O Records; the album commemorates the band's silver anniversary and includes their hit singles, new covers, and previously unreleased B-side material. "I'd say the doom and gloom stuff was written around 1996 or 1997," Popper said. Festival in 1992. [2][3] Another bar, The Nightingale, was a regular gig, and later became the setting for the song "Defense and Desire". Popper is also known as an avid Twitter user and has caused some controversy on the platform. He originally formed a band called Mr. Did Bill Murray actually bowl in Kingpin? Blues Traveler is an American rock band that formed in Princeton, New Jersey in 1987. Bolstered by Blues Traveler's mainstream success, Popper released a solo album, Zygote, in 1999, and toured in support of it with his own John Popper Band. That's why (my style) lends itself to a nice acoustic performance.". As Blues Traveler celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, frontman John Popper wonders where the time has gone. Click here Who Is The Lead Singer Of Highly Suspect? The dark, introspective lyrics on such Zygote songs as the R&B-flavored first single, "Miserable Bastard" (RealAudio excerpt), and the '50s-style rock ballad "Once You Wake Up" seem to deal with mortality. Popper is a founding member of Blues Traveler, serving as the band's frontman with lead vocals and harmonica. The full album would be released the forthcoming month. [1] He has performed with, among others, jam bands Spin Doctors, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, and most recently, the Allman Brothers Band in 2009; bluesmen Eric Clapton and B.B. Who does the song runaround? Idk. Popper met bassist Bobby Sheehan and the two became good friends, with Sheehan becoming the new bass player for Blues Band in 1987.[1]. Its pretty amazing, says the singer-songwriter and harmonica player, calling from the road. Popper was released the same night. Associated Press SPOKANE, Wash. - Blues Traveler singer and harmonica player John Popper was arrested after the vehicle he was riding in was clocked going 111 mph, the Washington State Patrol. He also frequently appears as a guest performer with musicians both famous and obscure, from a diverse variety of genres. [1], After graduating from Princeton High School and moving to New York City, Popper, Hill, and Sheehan enrolled in the music program at The New School while Kinchla attended New York University. The vehicle was temporarily seized. Yeah, theyre both still performing. Yet, Popper said, they are mostly about a failed relationship. ", Zygote was recorded earlier this year in Hoboken, N.J., with the percussive help of Dave Matthews Band drummer Carter Beauford and Crugie Riccio a high-school friend of Popper's who provides many of the off-kilter time signatures on songs including "Tip the Domino" and the brooding ballad "Lunatic.". After graduating from high school, the group's members all moved to New York City, where Popper enrolled in the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music, along with two of his bandmates as well as high school friend Chris Barron.