AJ Odudu is currently a celeb contestant on Strictly Come Dancing and has become part of a romance rumour herself. Odudu stands tall at the perfect height of 5 feet 7 inches. It comes after the TV presenter was forced to pull out of the show's live TV final. Her first TV role saw her fronting BBC Two's The Almost Perfect Guide to Life back in 2009 and she shot to fame after co-hosting Big Brother's Bit on the Side with Emma Willis and Rylan Clark in 2013. 2:15. . The television presenter has said that she hopes Kai will stay in her life "forever." Related articles "I've had two incisions to drain the inflammation around my ankle. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. Express. On previous TV shows, AJ has opened up about previous relationships and the fact she has been cheated on by previous partners numerous times, which has left her with a lot of trust issues when entering new relationships. ", AJ is currently resting, but sadly was not recovered enough to return to the show for the grand final. Kai and AJ appeared on BBC's It Takes Two following rumours that their relationship had been confirmed but they didn't admit to anything. Strictly Come Dancing finalist AJ Odudu has dedicated a touching Instagram post to her dance partner Kai Widdrington, a day after dropping out of the grand finale of the popular BBC dance show due . From September 2021, Odudu was a competitor on the nineteenth series of the British Television Dance contest, Strictly Come Dancing. AJ, meanwhile, recently shared she tried out the dating apps after struggling to meet a partner. The TV presenter is still unmarried, and it seems she has no boyfriend as well. AJ admitted she had been struggling with self-doubt this week after taking to the stage, saying she really wanted to execute the dance well. AJ Odudu has pulled out of the Strictly Come Dancing live tour on medical advice, it has been announced. The Strictly star is dating a TikTok star, Strictly's Gorka Marquez and Neil Jones tell HELLO! Shes a dream partner and its my pleasure to dance that dance with her, the pro dancer added. Visit our Entertainment hub for all the latest news. But the fact is I cant stand on my feet, let alone dance.. In June 2013, Odudu started presentingBig Brothers Bit on the Sidewith Emma Willis and Rylan Clark. The star, 33, sparked a frenzy among her fans when she posted a snap of herself and Kai, 26, all glammed up, with some of her followers claiming that the picture was giving off "wedding vibes". But were getting to know more and more about each other. She continued: "Learning to dance over the last 13 weeks has been an incredible honour and to do it alongside someone as special, patient and devoted as Kai is something I'll treasure forever. I will be cheering you on (on one leg!).". "Thank you to the Strictly family for the experience, the medical team for trying to get me back on my feet and mostly, to everyone at home for watching and supporting. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. (BBC) AJ Odudu has had to pull out of the Strictly Come Dancing final after suffering ligament damage to her ankle. ", MORE: Has Strictly star AJ Odudu danced before? "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Not just one, but three and one was even sleeping with her best friend. "I mean, at the end of the day, me and Kai are just focused on the Strictly experience as a whole, and were just focused on dancing and putting our best performance forward each and every week. I want to wish good luck to John & Johannes and Rose & Giovanni for the Final. Here's what she's said, MORE: Strictly's AJ Odudu admits 'worry' about being paired with Kai Widdrington. Strictly Come Dancing final is on BBC One on Saturday, 18th December. We've done some digging so that you don't have to read on to find out more about the stunning star, her big family, and how her upbringing has made the multi-talented AJ who she is today, WATCH: Strictly's AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington spark romance rumours with hidden mic clip. Read more: Richard Arnold makes tearful confession on GMB. Her mothers name is Florence. Ive done all I can possibly do to get back on my feet for the @bbcstrictly Final, I even asked the docs if I could perform in a medical moonboot! Viewers got a glimpse of the star's sister last weekSaturday as co-host Claudia Winkleman showed a video of AJ's sibling, who teaches in Brazil, wishing her good luck with the scores for her Salsa. "I want to thank AJ for being the absolute best partner I could ever have asked for in my first year on the show and I will always treasure the memories of dancing in the Strictly ballroom with her. The TV presenter revealed the injury on Wednesday when she discussed it on the spin-off show Strictly: It Takes Two. I want to say a big thank you to every one on the show, from my fellow professionals, the celebrities, the judges, production, the costume, lighting and design department, the dance team and all the amazing people that work behind the scenes who help make Strictly the show it is. AJ went on to gush over her partner Kai, adding that she'll treasure her Strictly experience forever. AJ was finalising terms of her deal with ITV back in November. Good luck to my partners in dance, John & Johannes and Rose and Giovanni. ", This then led to one of her nephews saying: "Why dont you just kiss him?". AJ Odudu and dance partner Kai Widdrington were subject to quick-spreading rumours that the two seemed to have a romance blossoming. Picture: Getty AJ Odudu is a well known TV presenter and is also contributing editor for Grazia UK. "But the fact is, I can't stand on my feet let alone dance because I've torn my spring ligament.". Following the end of her Strictly journey, here's everything you need to know about AJ Odudu. ITV have confirmed that AJ Odudu and Will Best have signed on to front the new series of Big Brother. Who will be appearing on Strictly Come Dancing 2023? Until next time, keep dancing x He added. AJ Odudu is a television presenter famous for co-presenting the Channel 5 reality show spin-off Big Brother's Bit on the Side, alongside Rylan Clark and Emma Willis, in 2013. "I've injected local anaesthetic directly into my foot, I have been strapped up to an ice compression machine for days. Strictly Come Dancingstar AJ, 35, will front the reboot alongside former T4 presenter Will, 38, when it returns on ITV2 this autumn. I will be cheering you all on (on one leg). She added. AJ and Will did a brilliant screen test together and their chemistry was brilliant. TV presenter AJ Odudu has been wowing the Strictly Come Dancing judges. The pair never confirmed if they went further than the show but Timini also posted a sweet snap of the two of them on his Instagram. 7 stars rumoured to star on Strictly Come Dancing 2023, Strictly's Nikita Kuzmin dating sex podcaster Charlie Backshall - exclusive first photos, Exclusive: Strictly's Gorka Marquez and Neil Jones reveal they're swapping baby tips, Susanna Reid 'devastated' as she shares emotional tribute to late Strictly star, Big Brother confirms two new hosts for 2023 reboot and fans have same reaction, Strictly Come Dancing stars share heartfelt tributes to Len Goodman, Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman dies aged 78, Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's relationship timeline. Odudu withdraws having finished the previous week in joint first place on the leaderboard with Ayling-Ellis as well as landing her first perfect score for a quickstep routine. AJ approached the rumours as she said: "Its all just a bit of fun, isnt it? Sword swallower lifts Amanda Holden up by his eye sockets with blade down his throat in most terrifying audition in Britains Got Talent history, Rylan Clark suffers most chaotic train journey trying to get to Liverpool for Eurovision amid rail disruption, Bobby Davro in absolute agony after revealing fiancee is battling pancreatic cancer: Its extremely, extremely, extremely painful, Britains Got Talent judges Amanda Holden and Bruno Tonioli break down in tears thanks to Welsh choirs emotional audition, Katy Perry to be replaced by big-time star on American Idol while shes in UK for coronation, Do not sell or share my personal information. Pair withdraw from show on Saturday night after medical guidance on her foot injury. "Although this is not how we would have wanted her Strictly journey to end, AJs health and wellbeing come first and everyone involved in the show send her all our love and wish her a speedy recovery.". Hes helping her get over any previous issues. Ive injected local anaesthetic directly into my foot, I have been strapped up to an ice compression machine for days, Odudu said on Instagram. The Manchester Evening News reported that the star said: "I find it exciting that everyones interested in us enough to take note of all of these things. The TV presenter was one of the first names to be announced for the 2021 series. She also posted social media photos of herself on a crutch and released a statement saying the pain was so acute that I projectile vomited and currently I cant put any weight on my right foot without agonising discomfort. Strictly host Claudia Winkleman also told the couple, after they received positive comments from the judges for their Viennese waltz to Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande, that if there was a time . He wrote: " Congratulations @ajodudu #ManhuntingWithMyMum premiered on Channel 4 'channel4 last night and it was amazing. Who will be appearing on Strictly Come Dancing 2023? Theyre always laughing and flirting romance is 100% on the cards., The source added to The Sun: Kai is totally AJs type. All rights reserved. August 7, 2021 by Neelam. And finally the biggest thank you to everyone who voted for us throughout the series, your support has been unforgettable.". Rwiddringtonx wrote: "Wedding vibes wishful thinking maybe. Net Worth, Salary, and Income Ive used Raya in the past and apps like Hinge, but no I just dont meet anyone, aside from TV programs Ive done, I just dont bother, she said before making her Strictly debut. It was a no brainer. AJ said via her Instagram, How it started. AJ went Keele University, where she studied English and Politics before starting her career at Radio Lancashire. It was an incredibly strong start in the competition for AJ as not only did she get the highest score of the night, but she also got the first-ever nine from Shirley Ballas in Week One. OtiMabuse to leave Strictly Come Dancing after seven years, Strictly: sign language interpreter to be projected on to big screens at live shows, Strictly Come Dancing 2021 final watched by 11 million people, Why cant I give it a go?: How Rose Ayling-Ellis Strictly success is inspiring deaf youngsters, Craig Revel Horwood to miss Strictly after positive Covid test, Robert Webb withdraws from Strictly Come Dancing due to ill health, Reports of unvaccinated Strictly dancers spark privacy debate, TomFletcher and Strictly partner test positive for Covid, discussed it on the spin-off show Strictly: It Takes Two. So proud of you both. about how they are sharing AJ Odudu and her partner, Kai Widdrington, have pulled out of the Strictly Come Dancing final on Saturday night after consulting medical professionals regarding Odudu's foot injury.. Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time. She had an impressive dance again in Week Two and managed another top-three finish. Game Of Thrones star Maisie, 26, donned a Prada . AJ Odudus net worth is estimated to be $2 Million. Onatejiro "AJ" Odudu (born 12 February 1988) [1] is a British television presenter from Blackburn, England. She took a dip in Week Eight, but bounced back to a stellar score of 39 in Week Nine, and managed to finish in second place on the leaderboard in Week 10 with 36 points. Thank you to the Strictly family for the experience, the medical team for trying to get me back on my feet and mostly, to everyone at home for watching and supporting. Her parents had an arranged marriage, which has lasted for over four decades. That felt really special.. In view of her 206,000 followers, the TV presenter posted a snap of herself and Kai taking a cheeky selfie from backstage at last weekend's Strictly semi-final. You know who you are. Kai said. Watch this space! ITV have confirmed that AJ Odudu and Will Best have signed on to front the new series of Big Brother. TV star AJ Odudu is currently competing on Strictly Come Dancing with professional Kai Widdrington and the pair have earn some impressive scores. Theyre both single and have really hit it off and everyone on the show is saying its only a matter of time. Rumours have been flying around of the possibility that Kai and AJ, HEIRS TO YOU BOTH: William to pay 'loving, heartfelt' tribute to King and Camilla at Coronation concert - as pictures reveal huge stage where rock royalty will perform, Voters back striking nurses as NHS staff begin biggest walkout yet, TV star unrecognisable as she shows off dramatic 'hair transformation' on hen do, Graeme Souness QUITS Sky Sports after 15 years as he fights back tears in studio, Britain's Got Talent viewers think they have worked out the real identity of CGI cat, Rapist who forged 2.5million Lotto ticket may LOSE 700,000 home and luxury cars after dramatic court battle to keep hold of swindled fortune, Meghan Markle's friend urges her to 'do the right thing' as dad's health worsens, British gardeners are being warned not to mown their lawns during May and June, Kate Middleton could ditch tiara for Coronation - and wear FLOWER crown instead, 'I've waited five months for chemotherapy, now I'm scared my cancer has spread', Mum has 14 tattoos on her face and even inked her own leg despite being 'wimp with pain', Bank Holiday Monday scorcher as temperatures forecast to hit 19C, Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers. I truly have made a friend for life in her and cant wait to take to the dance floor with her again when she is fully recovered., It has always been a dream of mine to join the the amazing cast of Strictly Come Dancing every since I was a kid, but to come in on my first season and be partnered with an amazing person like AJ and have the experience I have had is more than I could have ever imagined. Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for AJ and Kai for comment. Grinning for the picture, a dapper-looking Kai wrapped his arm affectionately around her waist as he posed with a thumbs-up. Currently, she is competing on the 19th season ofStrictly Comes Dancing,partnering with professional dancer Kai Widdrington. I was literally living the dream, she said. But Kai is a really nice guy. AJ Odudu and her partner, Kai Widdrington, have pulled out of the Strictly Come Dancing final on Saturday night after consulting medical professionals regarding Odudus foot injury. AJ and her partner Kai Widdrington could be more than just friends. "We cannot thank her enough for fully embracing the experience and being a total delight both on and off the dance floor. "I couldn't have wished for a better partner to embark on my dream journey with. This is just one chapter in your journey. Her Strictly Come Dancing partner is Kai Widdrington. The couple received 35 points from the judges during Saturday nights Movie Week show with their epic American smooth to I Have Nothing from The Bodyguard. Big Brother's new hosts are AJ Odudu and Will Best, ITV has announced. Here are the full Strictly Come Dancing 2021 winner odds going into this weekend's quarter-final, according to BetVictor: Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice favourites 1/5 AJ Odudu and Kai . I want to say a huge thank you to the Strictly family for the experience, the medical team for trying to get me back on my feet and mostly, to everyone at home watching and supporting. The TV presenter and pro-dancer Kai were paired together on last year's. Strictly's AJ Odudu reacts as Kai Widdrington shares first picture with new dance partner. Sparks are said to be flying between Strictly Come Dancing's AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington. Meanwhile, AJ's devoted dance partner Kai commented: "Ive been absolutely honoured to get to dance with the incredible AJ Odudu for the last few months and although neither of us wanted our journey to end this way, AJs health and safety are by far the most important things. Humor, information and rumors. AJ and Will are going to be formally announced by ITV really soon and they cant wait to get stuck in.. Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Youve made this experience one to remember and I couldnt be more grateful for your well wishes. The Strictly Come Dancing final airs tonight at 7.10pm on BBC One. A source said: AJ has known since last year the Big Brother job was hers but shes been waiting for her co-host to be confirmed. Meet AJ Odudu, who has been confirmed as a contestant for the Strictly Come Dancing new series (19th Season). She is one of eight children born to her parents. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. The 33-year-old is dancing with Kai Widdringtron on Strictly, She said: "Theres be a lot of rejection, a lot of setbacks, thats both societally and professionally. pic.twitter.com/CrUueempaa. Their close partnership sparked the rumour mill that they were more than just good friends, however neither party ever confirmed there was romance between them. Her parents are from Nigeria. Ive had two incisions to drain the inflammation around my ankle. Its very passionate and intense whenever theyre together. she was a competitor on the 19th series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2021. The TV presenter had been unable to rehearse with partner Kai Widdrington. She became the winner of the second series of ITVs Celebrity Karaoke Clubin July 2021. At the end of their dance Kai was heard telling TV presenter: "Aww I I love you, I love you so much," as they hugged. about how they are sharing I will be cheering you on (on one leg!).". I am absolutely gutted that AJ and I wont get to finish our journey on Strictly the way we wouldve wanted to. Hes got loads of banter and hes been blown away by her, too.. I couldnt be more proud of what we have achieved over the last 13 weeks and at times I really felt like I was dancing with a professional dancer.. Like this story? Lastly I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported AJ and myself week in and week out, your support has been amazing and truly unforgettable. Learning to dance over the last 13 weeks has been an incredible honour and to do it alongside someone as special, patient and devoted as Kai is something Ill treasure for ever. I couldn't have wished for a better partner to embark on my dream journey with. . A source claimed that the presenter was 'falling' for Kai,. 1 /2 AJ Odudu pulls out of tomorrow night's Strictly final AJ Odudu pulls out of tomorrow night's Strictly final The TV presenter paid tribute to her professional partner, Kai Widdrington The relationship was never confirmed but when a fan commented 'your man?' Yesterday, AJ confirmed that she had been forced to drop out of the final after injuring her ankle. While AJ has quickly become a popular participant in the BBC show, you may not know as much about her background before she joined Strictly including her early years and her family life. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Will and AJ were confirmed as the hosts of the show, Strictly star AJ previously hosted Big Brother's Bit On The Side, Big Brother hosts confirmed with Strictly star and cheeky TV host to front return of reality giant, I lost two stone thanks to weight loss jab - celebs that take it for vanity need help, says I'm A Celeb's Shaun Ryder, Olly Murs breaks down in tears on stage as he reveals regret over Caroline Flack, Two campmates are faking it in Im A Celeb, hints Shaun Ryder after eviction, Iconic BBC kids show is being rebooted for TV, Amanda Holden slams Britain's Got Talent 'fix' claims after fury over meeting her golden buzzer act before the audition, Strictly star's unborn baby is being trolled by sickos online, Popular Sky crime thriller axed after just one series leaving fans gutted, Towies Dan Edgar and Amber Turner spark split fears again as he unfollows her and she holidays without him. The presenter, 33, and her professional partner Kai, 26, danced an American Smooth to the . Big Brother will be back on-screen on ITV2 and ITVX this summer with housemates moving into a brand-new pad in London. Your email address will not be published. Leave us a comment onour Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFixand let us know what you think of this story. AJ Odudu, 33, announced last week that she was taking part in Eurovision as the UK spokesperson to present the UK's points live from the North West. The Blackburn, Lancashire native attended St Bedes RC High School and St Marys College. Check out our full TV Guide. They are great friends too so to be able to work together is really exciting. Speaking to the Daily Star, she said: "I met Kai's mum and had a conversation. It's hard to believe the pair were romantic together as since that series, Kai has confirmed his relationship with fellow Strictly professional dancer, Nadiya Bychkova. "Strictly Come Dancing has been a lifelong dream and I'm glad it came true. She began her presenting roles on the BBC Two series The Almost Perfect Guide to Life and on The 5:19 Show, an online show on the BBC website. I just spoke to Kai yesterday and he was like: Oh my god, you smashed it on Eurovision, she revealed. Good luck to my partners in dance, John & Johannes and Rose and Giovanni. has had its ups and downs - get the latest, The Strictly Come Dancing couples who survived the so-called curse, Has Strictly star AJ Odudu danced before? Week 11 was not great as she finished bottom, but she climbed all the way back to the top in the semi-final. Something went wrong, please try again later. . AJ Odudu has told her Strictly Come Dancing partner Kai Widdrington how much she misses him. AJ,. I've met them all now. In a candid post, the "gutted" star told how she could "barely stand" after tearing her spring ligament. takes a closer look, WATCH: AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington spark romance rumours with hidden mic clip. The broadcaster revealed the news in a video clip, which showed the pair alongside the reality show's iconic eye logo. The pair have certainly been getting on well on the dance floor as just last ween the pair scored 39 out of a possible 40 points. Every year the 'Strictly curse' gets mentioned and the latest rumour is that AJ and her partner Kai Widdrington could be more than just friends. The Ballroom and Latin champion split from his dancer girlfriend and fellow Dancing with the Stars professional, Giulia Dotta, last year. The Blackburn native has earned most of her fortune from her TV presenting career. The determined star also shared with the newspaper that she could cope with any negative feedback on her dances because she's had to develop a thick skin to succeed. In July 2021, Odudu won the second series of Celebrity Karaoke Club on ITV2. Every year the 'Strictly curse' gets mentioned and the latest rumour is. AJ said in a statement: "I'm deeply upset that I am unable to perform in the Final due to a torn ligament in my right ankle. Published: Friday, 17th December 2021 at 12:30 pm, Meet AJ Odudu: Strictly Come Dancing 2021 contestant and TV presenter, AJ Odudu has had to withdraw from the competition, Strictly Come Dancing 2021 live: All the action from Week 9 as it happens. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. AJ is already a renowned name in the UK's showbiz especially the TV industry. She is best known for co-presenting the 2013 Channel 5 reality show spin-off Big Brother's Bit on the Side, alongside Emma Willis and Rylan Clark and the 2021 Channel 4 reality show spin off Married at First Sight: Afters. By Michelle Marshall 22:35, Thu, Mar 17 . "I know we will be friends for life and I will be there for her through her recovery in whatever way I can. parenting advice, Susanna and Ed Balls paid tribute on Good Morning Britain, The new series will arrive on ITV and ITVX, Craig Revel Horwood, Tess Daly and more have shared statements, The professional dancer was also a judge on Dancing with the Stars, The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star and Astroworld rapper's relationship In 2018, Odudus mother, Florence, took her on a trip to Nigeria to find a husband for her daughter. Strictly Come Dancing finalist AJ Odudu is on crutches after sustaining a foot injury ahead of Saturday's final. Meanwhile, Kai and Nadiya went official with their romance last month after 32-year-old Nadiya split from her fianc, Slovenian footballer Matija Skarabot. Speaking to the Lancashire Telegraph, she said: "I'd never change it. And she's had a busy 2021 so far, appearing as a guest on Would I Lie To You?, Celebrity Karaoke Club, The Wheel, Cooking with the Stars, and Rolling In it as well as presenting BDSM game show Apocalypse Wow. With just hours to go, film fans will soon watch AJ Odudu and Tom Allen join forces as they hit the red carpet as this year's EE British Academy Film Awards presenting team. Then the following week, host Claudia Winkleman asked Kai to give his partner a kiss as they were interviewed after their performance but he just gave AJ a kiss on the hand instead. She admits she was really angry at her ankle for the injury, but that the show was a hugely positive experience in her life. However it seems that the romance didn't last. Earlier on in the series last year, the Strictly contestant was quizzed by BBC Radio 2 DJ Zoe Ball if she and Kai were more than friends following their passionate routine for movie week, which was based on the hit film, The Bodyguard. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. The news was confirmed in the clip posted to social media by ITV, which showed the pair posing while the Big Brother theme tune played. You've made this experience one to remember. Learning to dance over the last 13 weeks has been an incredible honour and to do it alongside someone as special, patient and devoted as Kai is something Ill treasure forever. By entering your details, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. parenting advice, Susanna and Ed Balls paid tribute on Good Morning Britain, The new series will arrive on ITV and ITVX, Craig Revel Horwood, Tess Daly and more have shared statements, The professional dancer was also a judge on Dancing with the Stars, The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star and Astroworld rapper's relationship Talking to The Star newspaper before the start of the series, she revealed that her mum was excited for her to appear on the show as the pair are huge fans. . See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. Finally, Strictly Come Dancing's executive producer Sarah James said: AJ may not be able to compete in the Final but she is and always will be one of the most brilliant Strictly finalists we have ever had. Could another Strictly romance be on the horizon? Her partakes in journalism as a contributing style editor for womens fashion magazine Grazia has also supplemented her income. AJ Odudu and her Strictly Come Dancing partner Kai Widdrington sent their fans into meltdown on Friday after they were pictured paying a visit to the TV presenter's hometown, Blackburn, and. Strictly Come Dancing airs tonight at 7.10pm on BBC One. The pair finished the previous week in joint first place on the leaderboard.