Baking soda: Just a little, apparently to balance out the acid in the yogurt and make sure you get a good rise and colour on your muffins. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until JUST combined. Another oil such as melted coconut oil would work, as would melted butter. Melt butter on stove top or microwave and set aside to cool. Combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, and milk in another bowl or jug. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. How would you adapt the timing on these for mini muffins? It is a more nutritious alternative to an egg, and it contains the same amount of protein. Sugar: For me, just half a cup of plain white sugar provides the perfect amount of sweetness. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Dont worry too much. This is now one of my oldest and most successful recipes! Before freelancing, she worked on the Allrecipes team as a content producer and Regional Content Manager for the European sites for 15 years. And heres the AWESOME news. can I use natural yogurt inplace of greek yogurt? Incredible! I made these last week and they were so soft and moist! Do you use yogurt at room temperature ? Gently stir in blueberries. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to curdle. Love your healthy remake and will be adding into our rotation soon! They're pretty low in calories, and they couldnt be easier to make just throw the wet ingredients into the dry, stir, and bake! Spread the greek yogurt mixture evenly onto the parchment lined baking sheet. I baked for 6 minutes at 425, and 12 minutes at 375 and the tops were a light golden brown. I usually lightly spray them with oil to help prevent sticking. Thanks! In the mood for a slightly sweeter treat? I doubled the mix and halved it, then added banana and choc chips to one half and the blueberries to the other half. In a food processor, combine 1 apple with cinnamon and honey. Thanks for the comment! Cool on a wire rack, then store in an air tight container. Kids love these moist banana and pear muffins made with vanilla yogurt. Defrosting frozen muffins is easy and there are a few different ways that you can defrost muffins. American, Baking, Brunch, Cake, Comfort Food, Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins, Greek Yogurt Muffins, Old Fashioned Cinnamon Sugar Baked Cake Donuts, No-Knead Cranberry Walnut Bread with Honey, Crock Pot French Onion Soup With White Beans. Because they were smaller, the cook time was about 18 minutes or so. 608 views, 8 likes, 2 loves, 1 comments, 8 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Martha White: Greek yogurt truly serves so many purposes! We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize content, and serve targeted advertisements. Just make sure you cool them completely, then store in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Use 6 oz lemon yogurt, 2 T. oil and 2/3 cup water or buttermilk, then add the eggs called for on the box. Used 1/4 cup coconut flour, 3/4 cup ap flour, taking 1 tsp flour out and substituting cornstarch, added 1 extra egg white my eggs were small. I hope so its all Ive got! Defrost at room temperature. (Followed all directions to a T using metric units), Im so happy you liked them! Set aside. Then add sugar and whisk vigorously until well combined. I hope you try them again! It isnt listed in the recipe. These healthy blueberry muffins are bursting with flavor, are moist and soft, and so delicious! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW AND DONT FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL! I love these muffins and Ive even managed to get my sisters to love them they dont know about greek yogurt which they dont like. Oil: I use either canola oil (or another vegetable oil), light olive oil, or a mixture of the two. You do not want to over fill the muffin liners. If I havent mentioned the particular substitution that you want to try, I highly recommend browsing through the reader comments below. My kids thoroughly enjoyed these. Delicious recipes from my kitchen to yours. What a great comment to get Im thrilled these are the perfect blueberry muffin for you! The look phenomenal, Chels! I thoroughly loved this recipe, thank you! I used 3/4 cup AP flour, 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour and 1/4 cup Oat flour. . So good! Needless to say the 9 mini muffins have been inhaled by hubby and 2 munchkins and myself. Our nutritional data is calculated using a third-party algorithm and may vary, based on individual cooking styles, measurements, and ingredient sizes. In a large bowl beat milk, oil, yogurt, and egg. Theyll keep well for up to 5 days. Greek Yogurt makes for perfectly moist muffins. Brilliant result! Do not overmix. So happy you liked them! These homemade blueberry muffins are just 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points per muffin. My timer quit working about half way through the baking process, which is just my luck LOL But, i think i did 20 minutes at 375. 3. Roll blueberries in flour before adding them to the batter this will help to prevent them sinking to the bottom of the muffin cups. Ive made just 10 in big muffin cases, and a lot more in smaller ones. Light, fluffy and bursting with blueberries, these whole wheat Greek yogurt muffins are sweetened with honey and applesauce for a scrumptious breakfast or afternoon treat. Thanks so much for your feedback Vanessa!. Didnt rise at all really tiny muffins We will definitely make again. Bake and freeze these muffins for an easy treat. This will be our vegan buttermilk. In another small bowl, melt maple syrup and coconut oil together in the microwave until melted. Add in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Combine milk, egg, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. They literally are the BEST blueberry muffins Ive ever had (including from a bakery!!!). Repeat as necessary until the mixture becomes a workable ball of dough. Bake until lightly browned, rotating pan halfway . Lightly grease or line a muffin tin. Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes than move to a cooling rack. Greek yogurt: I always use an authentic style Greek yogurt made with just yogurt cultures and milk. Your email address will not be published. Healthier bakery-tasting muffins are coming your way! Im so thrilled you liked these muffins Susan!! Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden . I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback thank you again, and I hope you enjoy these many times more. "I used strawberry and plain yogurt instead of vanilla. Of course I havent tried them all. Thank you! (24 muffins) It cake out perfectly with a golden brown top. Posts may contain affiliate links. Hey There! Blueberries: Around a cup and a half of fresh blueberries makes sure there are blueberries in every bite! I woke up with an urge to eat a blueberry muffin-normal? When you use room temperature ingredients you get a smooth mixture that traps the air when mixing and then gives you fluffy muffins as they bake in the oven. Thanks for sharing your secret ingredient for muffin! I am Lauren, a short mom (4 foot 10 to be exact!) says reviewer Dparsons. im sorry but i am not seeing any mention of sour cream. Just made these muffins they are absolutely delicious thank you! Really really one-darn-delicious-muffin.. We have corrected the recipe card. Everything else was kept the same. Cant wait to try some of your other recipes. Thats how long it took for mine to bake. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Only after getting the consistency right did I fold in almost 2 cups fresh mulberries from our tree. These look delicious Chelsea! 456 likes, 27 comments - Melissa (@melissas_healthykitchen) on Instagram: "EASY BREAKFAST IDEA: LOADED YOGURT BOWL If you need a quick and easy breakfast or snack idea for." Melissa on Instagram: "EASY BREAKFAST IDEA: LOADED YOGURT BOWL If you need a quick and easy breakfast or snack idea for the week. Pour batter into the pre-greased baking pan. Then, fold in the blueberries. If you have a sweeter tooth and think youd prefer them a bit sweeter, simply sprinkle a bit of extra sugar over the top of your muffins before baking. However, readers have reported using ALL KINDS of Greek and Greek style yogurts in this recipe, even flavored versions. Thanks for the comment! Yay! I was worried about how the batter was more like wet cookie dough than batter but they came out great! In large bowl, beat milk, oil, yogurt and egg using wire whisk or fork. Since then its been my mission to get the same delicious texture + flavor, with some better ingredients. These muffins look so moist and delicious. I found that the recipe cooked better on 375 degrees, which is my go to temp for muffins. Youre welcome! And, I dont buy the explanation that my ovens temperature is off when I have baked dozens and dozens of muffins in the same oven without issue. Pinterest and THEYRE A HEALTHY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE. Added 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for a crunch. You can! Its just as phenomenally delicious as the muffins. Ty doo much. I also used plain Greek yogurt. Thanks for the review Samantha! Replace the blueberries with another berry or grated or chopped fruit. More please. Also check out this list of 25 low sugar cakes (that still taste great!). Like, Ill stick my neck out and say that these yogurt blueberry muffins are impossible to mess up. To reheat the greek yogurt blueberry muffins remove from the freezer and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. "These are delicious!" Made exactly 24 and they baked up perfectly in 18 minutes. Great idea! I sometimes make a blueberry loaf out of this recipe instead of muffins, and its just as moist, fluffy and delicious! Sorry! Required fields are marked *. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and all of your notes which were super helpful. These muffins will keep for up to 3 days, if they actually last that long in your house. Thats such a great idea with the butter! So glad to hear it! Divide batter evenly into a greased, lined or silicone 12-cup muffin pan. With amazing recipes to help the home cook become a home chef, along with fun family travel, fun crafts and More! Im happy these were kid approved! Gently stir the batter. Every time, I think to myself that this is definitely one of the very best recipes here on Scrummy Lane. Crush some granola cereal and sprinkle over the batter before baking for a crunchy streusel-style topping if you wish. So glad you enjoyed them! In large bowl, beat milk, oil, yogurt and egg using wire whisk or fork. Really big muffins could take 5 to 10 minutes longer to bake. A substitute for muffins, cakes, and cupcakes works best here. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. But other than that, I followed the recipe exactly as written. Healthy Eating Tips, Tips and Tricks, Foods to Add to Your Diet Cindy DuVall October 13, 2017 greek yogurt, icelandic yogurt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla, chocolate, pb2, dreid peanut butter, cocoa, stevia Comment Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond essence, or some lemon zest. Could I bake this recipe in a loaf pan instead of a muffin tin? I didnt have Greek yogurt either, so I used plain yogurt, and omitted the milk. In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice, and greek yogurt. Feel free to use frozen blueberries. Stir until just combined. Because of this I highly suggest that you make a double batch, or plan on making these easy homemade blueberry muffins again soon after making the first batch. Reheat slightly before serving, if desired. *Note that cold eggs or yogurt will cause your melted coconut oil to harden -- make sure the eggs and yogurt are at room temperature! =). Ive made them more times than I can count. In another large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. I would recommend reading the notes on the ingredients in the last paragraph of the post to achieve the optimal results of these muffins. Thanks so much for you feedback Melissa!!. Thanks for the feedback! These were incredible. Mix well until there are no big lumps of flour. I substituted 1/3 with coconut flour and halved the sugar for my 2yo. These Greek yogurt muffins are the most (successfully) tweaked and altered recipe on the site! "I will definitely be making these muffins again and again," says reviewer Cristina Cook. Add some lemon juice, garlic powder, dill and you've got an incredible 10 second condiment for wraps, dipping, pita platter etc. Ahhh-mazing.as usual! And making them mini sounds so fun. Ita Mac Airt is a freelance food writer specializing in global cuisine and easy-to-follow recipes. Next add the blueberries to dry ingredients and gently toss just till covered. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. This healthy blueberry muffin recipe is one of our favorite muffin recipes. Can I use frozen blueberries in this recipe? No fancy beating or creaming of ingredients. ), 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake (kladdkaka), Pan-fried Gnocchi With Cherry Tomato Sauce (30-minute meal), Best Spanish Omelette Recipe (Just 5 Ingredients). the wife and i will give them a try i think I pinned these as well . So happy you enjoyed it! With amazing recipes to help the home cook become a home chef, along with fun family travel, fun crafts and More! Many times I will make a double or triple batch of this healthy blueberry muffin recipe and keep them in the freezer for easy grab, heat up and go breakfasts. Ive also successfully substituted in a little spelt or coconut flour. Instructions Preheat oven to 350F. So glad to hear these muffins were enjoyed! leave me a comment below. Step 2: Making the muffin batter. Use either 1 cup of mashed ripe banana, 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, OR 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt in your muffin batter. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Once you have baked your muffins, remove them from the muffin tin and allow them to cool completely. Let us know how your muffins turn out! The mixture should be quite thick, but if it's dry add a little more milk.). No one will believe this. In another medium bowl whisk the egg until well-combined and light-colored, about 20 seconds. ( maybe not as sweet as yours but it was sweet enough for me) Readers have reported successfully using all white whole wheat flour, cake flour, and gluten free flour. Yum! Haha thank you, I definitely agree (I always eat about 3 in one sitting :/) ! 203 likes, 162 comments - Maddie Ireland (@munchinwithmaddie_) on Instagram: "hello yogurt bowl, meet my favorite muffins i made a fresh batch of my apple carrot muffins . Theyve been happy with the results! They browned up just fine and were moist & delicious! Made these last night and they were so easy and so good! (Or you can use muffin liners). They came out like you would expect from a gourmet bakery. "The blueberry skyr and lemon zest take these muffins to the next level. I actually havent tried it, but I have been baking a lot more with coconut sugar and LOVING it! EASY MEAL SECRETS: These muffins are more on the dense side as they contain yogurt, but they should rise nicely with a slight dome-shape on top. I still make these fluffy blueberry muffins regularly at least once a month. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil, lemon juice and zest, almond milk, and vanilla. The step-by-step guide below should help you make the recipe perfectly first time. Follow the directions for the specific muffin recipe, if the recipe doesnt tell you how full stick to the 2/3 full rule. Replace some or all of the blueberries with different fresh or frozen fruit. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. You may be wondering why someone would use Greek Yogurt in a muffin recipe. I used 2% milk, a sugar substitute, and vanilla low sugar Greek yogurt. Mash bananas and add milk if needed to make 1 cup.