I was wondering what the average life expectancy is on the 3.8L engines. Looking back, foolish. It fits perfectly in the trunk 2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A) 24 of 25 people found this review helpful We bought this car with 136000 miles and had it 2 weeks and took a 4300 mile trip to Florida. For some sound insulation, a new sound-absorbing material called Sonosorb was encased all through the cabin. Above importantly, it boasts higher front seating for a better view of the road ahead. When we first bought it the truck was loaded with water and the only thing we needed to do was pull the plug and it drained out. It is very powerful and easy to dive.. I was bought at 123,000 & sold at The Ford Mondeo and Mercury Sable are slightly lower, with three-year resale values of 54.4% and 48.1%, respectively. every oil change. Learn more about the 2008 Ford Taurus. If you can avoid buying a retired rental car, and if you can keep it in shape, you may be surprised at how much value you can get out of a two thousand dollar Taurus. Install a set of wheel nuts behind your wheels. miles are on your car At 80,000 it's harder to back pedal. It is a comfortable, smooth-riding vehicle that has plenty of trunk space. Does the 2008 ford taurus x have any problems? Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. Compare With Another Vehicle 185 Total Ratings Is your car worth 5 stars? fluids on it. I'm considering the purchase of a 2000 Taurus with 100K miles on it. taurus, is it a 24 valve 3.0 v6 I have not had to have it serviced. How reliable are Ford Taurus with high miles (100k+)? This is mine. I do not like that it has rust. Thisblogwillgiveyoucomprehensiveinformationaboutthe2008FordTaurus. Edmunds praises the safety equipment and crash protection, but notes the rental car stigma. Thats worth notice if youre buying used. . Backup or other camera/sensors. running like new. The engine light stays on and the air conditioner needs antifreeze again and the car uses a lot of oil. Doesn't feel like I am driving a little car. Had to replace the fuel pump twice and it could get better mileage. it to 300,000 miles. leaks. at all and am using it in extremely hot area in middle east. .more Dislike Kelley Blue Book. if any parts or components, including wiring, hoses, or spark plugs, are damaged, they will need to be replaced. It could get better gas mileage. Safety technology is pretty good for 2003, featuring traction control, full airbags, and a fuel shutoff switch to deactivate the fuel pump in an accident. No it is very reliable. paint blistering and peeling in the 2008 Taurus X. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',164,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Ford Taurus models manufactured after 1996 tend to last the longest, thanks to their updated engines and improved design. I just How Well Does The Ford Taurus Hold Its Value? 328,000 miles, runs like its brand It's been serving my family very well for the past 5 years. went in 100 miles of buying This will produce 155 horsepower and 185 lb.-ft. of torque. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'motoranalyst_com-box-3','ezslot_3',102,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motoranalyst_com-box-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'motoranalyst_com-box-3','ezslot_4',102,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motoranalyst_com-box-3-0_1'); .box-3-multi-102{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}At a relatively cheap price, the 2008 FordTaurus offers class-leading protection, a large cabin, and excellent fuel efficiency. My trans has had zero trouble and minimal sediment in the trans pan. The Altima wins on fuel efficiency, the Impala wins on horsepower and engine options, but the Taurus is hard to beat when it comes to bang-for-buck. currently in the shop. This might be hard to believe for some, but the evidence is forthcoming. The Ford Taurus is the finest its been in a long time, thanks to a substantial performance boost, the addition of crucial safety and convenience features, and selectable all-wheel drive. I've owned 4 of them, and have been happy with all of them. I have so much confidence in it, that I would drive it LOVE THIS We keep fixing it because we like the windows and visibility as well as we like station wagons. Body does not hold up, engine problems, and easily rusting. recommends 60k. Cleaning engine must be done with care, do not high pressure spray, especially on electronic components and wire harnesses. I traded it in at almost 250k And, like the Impala, is usually listed at around a thousand bucks more than the Taurus. bump results in a rattle/knock. Only changed starter, alternator and ABS control module and all done by DIY. but she has far excessed my expectations. I've seen several(no rust) with under 150k for about 2500. Had a 1997 that I drove into the ground! engines. The Taurus has a total life expectancy of around 175,000 to 200,000 miles. I don't like that it has 3 catalytic converter, It's a very reliable car just recently the back window stopped working and it needs some brake work but other than that yes. I used the Amsoil in a 1999 Sable 3.0L DOHC, sold at 155k ran like a top and also got 28-30mpgs. I am able to listen to podcasts and audible books using my Bluetooth device. which strips and won't run the tranny fluid pump. I have have 03 Taurus wagon w/127000k. I have had problems with in interior of the vehicle. My Ford Taurus constantly has an engine light on. Had loan. If not, you might want to look for something else. Since 2004 I have very comfortable vehicle. (Turbo charging is also considered severe service). mass backing in interior and got some new door panels off a 2007 Taurus at a salvage The ford Taurus runs really hot so it uses lots of oil and antifreeze. If properly maintained, My vehicle has 93,000 miles on it. I've used Amsoil in Honda Civics, Toyota RAV 4, '68 Chrysler Newport, '69 Dodge Charger 383 Magnum - countess other cars. For those unfamiliar, I believe there are six coils. My blog http://haunted505.blogspot.com. 2005: Ford streamlined the trim list for 2005, cutting it down to just the base SE and the top-tier SEL. The car ride not bad but very bumpy at times. After further research, it appears this is fairly common. Nothing flashy, it just does the job. It has held up fairly well and has never completed broken down thankfully. much weight in the trunk for too long, my fault again). Water That is when it Buying a used car more than 10 years old might sound like the worst possible scenario if having a limited budget. Leaks or Low Fluid Levels: Low amounts of transmission fluid are mainly caused by leaks in the transmission system. VehicleHistory.com Your 2008 Ford Taurus transmission is one of the most crucial components of your vehicle, and transmission issues can render your 2008 Ford Tauruscompletely undrivable. I haven't had a car payment for years, best car-- evah. Don't think previous owner took as good care as he should have. Of course each occurrence is a different coil! I am not an Amsoil dealer. I've had some problems since I gasped. :( (gotta check wiring) The 2008 Ford Taurus receives great grades for safety from reviewers throughout the board, while some would want to see the available vehicle stability technology made standard. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. 200K miles and at 340K miles. And I thought it valve dohc, but it has many anyway. go to.) Never a problem. An SE with around 130,000 miles might go for as little as $1,857, which sounds like a bargain, until you consider that not every Taurus makes it past 150,000 miles. They were less impressed with the underpowered engine. I'm still going to follow that schedule on my In the last 10k miles she has saved 3 oil changes and 12L of oil going to recycling. I am ready fault sign on the fault device. new, has a bad strut or something in the front right, every big wondering about the engine The only problem I have ever had with it was the heat/air conditioning acting up. 2008 Ford Taurus SEL. The car is sufficiently roomy for five or six average-sized adults, and the seats are pretty comfortable. A lot of different car brands have long been underrated, sometimes holding up for a couple of decades without many issues after basic maintenance. Yes it is, it's easy to work on and the parts are not too costly. really started costing money. large trans cooler on mine after l do a trans flush you can find older taurus's(vulcan engines) without a boatload of Runs great. The Taurus has a total life expectancy of around 175,000 to 200,000 miles. $3000. same topic. keep up the maintenance and who knows how long they will last, by the way we have 123457 miles on our 97 taurus. five years, 70 miles per day, to and from work, over 100000 miles needed something with lower miles. The latest price of the 2008 Ford Taurus at present times is around $6,000 (excluding repairs). Oil has also made its way into the vacuum lines. According to online data available, the 2008 Ford Taurus appears as the most reliable and most affordable used car you can find in the U.S. The 2003 Ford Taurus is not a good vehicle. The Duratec engine was designed by Porsche. Just make sure you get all old out first. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Some of the leather has started to come peel and come off. I have a 2008 ford taurus x limited v6 3.6l and it currently has 291,868 and the transmission finally went out :( but i loved it and it served us well!!! you can easily get 500K miles out of them, if not more. It has motor problems and doesn't want to run right all the time. Essential safety elements include the following: Wheel bearings are components that enable your vehicles tires to spin smoothly and with the least amount of friction possible. alignment, etc. Otherwise it is a great car. 10 complaints. 2018 with 80 or 90k might mean that you will need to have these services (suspension parts, ball joints, tie rods, engine mounts, sway bar 2008 delivers a vamped engine to the Ford Taurus, but it only takes pace up to satisfactory in the eyes. valve 3.0 v6 vulcan engine?) Over the years I have owned this car I have put about 200 dollars into actual repairs that werent just things that naturally go bad. Trusted company. Across the board, a more snappy six-speed automatic eliminates the slow,continuously variable gearbox (CVT). $2,600 to BEST motor I've ever seen by far!! Yet, the car shifts fine in Drive. not going to lie its been to the shop once or twice. However, I do not like a color. . Can't beat that with I've only had to do the regular maintenance on it. Drain, How do I remove the radiator from the 2008 ford taurus x? Made sure to keep up w/ oil changes and maintenance and it ran like a charm. It was effortless to maintain. I like that it is a station wagon so i have plenty of room. It has a hood release that protects children. but the same problem is happening. There is very little surface rust and the frame is stable. Also, if you smell coolant upon startup it is a good sign there is a leak because it appears to drip down onto the manifold, which after heating up burns the coolant, thus producing the smell. a month ago (owned a 2002 went south. Lots of miles and it still keeps going. The backseat can be folded. I think the timing chain cover gasket is going bad on my car. It is one of the safest cars on the road. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); MotorAsk is trusted by more than 3 million people every year. Yes, I believe my 2003 Ford Taurus is a good vehicle, its great on gas and I haven't had any major or expensive issues with it, witch is amazing because I bought it used. Did do valve job at 175k. findable, would have the same # of miles. I have own other tauruses and also was as pleased with them. station it recommends "BP". 24 valve DOHC engine, new Kelley Blue Book users liked the handling, but one driver states that the car breaks down a lot, and others note general build quality issues like wimpy speakers and flimsy windshield wipers. needs a new mass air flow sensor, muffler and I have a 2004 Taurus SEL wagon 24V. How do I reset the anti theft system in the 2008 ford taurus? cannot put Mercon into a Mercon V system. This guide will teach you about Ford's 3.0 V6 Vulcan engine problems, reliability, life expectancy, and common issues. to my daughter using my vehicle but now It doesn't matter how expensive your car is. If you annualized my maintenance and repair costs for this vehicle since it was paid off in I do not know where it originated. Buyers can choose between front- or all-wheel drive. 110k miles is really good for a 00+ Don't It has broken down and stranded me so any times. An SE with around 130,000 miles might go for as little as $1,857, which sounds like a bargain, until you consider that not every Taurus makes it past 150,000 miles. Ford Taurus models manufactured after 1996 tend to last the longest, thanks to their updated engines and improved design. However, there are numerous complaints about the engine oil pan gasket leaking and causing the Taurus to smell like burning oil. Stay away from the 3.8. I am sure the year has some effect simply because the enginge design may have changed, but I can say that my Taurus has 131k on the Vulcan 3.0L and runs well. @med.. Ford Taurus Many Trouble Codes The Amsoil full syn ATF is good for up to 90k miles, would depend if you perform a full 14qt replacement or simply drop the trans pan and change 7qt and renew by dilution. I love my car never had any problems it's good on gas all my kids fits perfect in it I have had it for about a year now. recommends, I don't go off of what people Perfect for new teenage drivers. How much oil does the 2008 Ford Taurus take? The interior is comfortable, however fairly basic. will not roll down, the brakes need to be changed, rust(go figure) The thing about this car is it is popular for the transmission to mess up around 80,000 miles, and mine did at 83,000 miles. mileage in my 2006 isn't that great. Amorepowerfulengineresultsinbetterperformance. According to Consumer Reports, the 2008 Ford Taurus still receives a score of three on their overall ownership satisfaction surveys. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Looking back though, I would have been wise to turn loose of it at All 2009 Taurus models are powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine that's paired to either front- or all-wheel drive. The Ford Taurus is a reliable car, or else rental companies wouldnt buy so many of them in the first place. "The back up camera fails to turn on 7 out of 10 times, dealer keeps telling me nothing is wrong." Robert K., NV (2014 Ford Taurus SEL 3.5-L V6 . The interior materials do feel a bit cheap, though. Other routine maintenance, tie rods, and 390, shows almost no issues. ZIP: #1 G A Arne Reputation 3,880 #2 MrBlueOval Reputation 3,470 #3 Lanadella Reputation 3,140 No matter how much work I put into the vehicle it never rides smooth. It does not get hot when the sun is on it, which makes driving it during the summer so easy. There are two different engines for this vehicle. last trip was over 500 miles away. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. valve, as long as the previous owner took I've kept the oil changed with Amsoil every 10,000 miles and the engine still Knowing about a few of the more frequent transmission issuesmight help you identify and correct them more efficiently. It will not hold an idle. this includes following a service schedule as set by the manufacturer. Never corolla was best which I'm sure it is. Plenty of horsepower, rings are tight, valves are good. The engine produces nothing. I do love how I can move my foot pedals forward and backwards. Some of the features are not really up to date but they work perfectly fine. How to replace the 2008 Ford Taurus blend door actuator? Faulty starter ring gear at 25k - dealer warranty - cost $0. Ford Ranger Changes in Australia Foreshadow American Ranger. The cooling system on these cars a pressurized system. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-leader-4','ezslot_11',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-4-0');As such, there is a higher probability that you will run into this problem if you invest in a Ford Taurus. It can be tempting to try and get as much life out of your battery as possible, but it's smart to check it regularly and replace it before it gets too weak. runs like a dream, and have never had any problems. It is a gas guzzler; it takes $40 to fill and I am putting gas in multiple times a week. is good. with proper care and regular maintenance, you will be able to extend the years of your vehicle for as long as possible. Should I do it? maintenance (it's sealed anyway). Another place to keep an eye out for coolant leaks is the coolant reservoir itself. Ford Taurus Ratings Overview 185 car owners like you reviewed their Ford Taurus. Other than the tranny and the 3.8 you should be good. It's great to ride in and easy to fix if you know what you are doing. Taurus rear coil springs fatigue and sag. oil pump, and fuel pump. The 2008 Taurus has a stylish and practical compartment with high-quality raw material, ahuge amount ofstorage, and eight cupholders. I sure wish they still made them! compadable with 2002 ford taurus sedan engine since I bought it. how many miles their We want to know how many I can not find them. The Ford Taurus holds its value fairly well compared to other vehicles on the market. My 04 Taurus is over 300k mile now and still running good. engine. The tank is made of plastic, and with age can develope hairlines cracks that leak when the car has been running. on it works good, I like my ford Taurus. I have gone 145,000 and it is still working fine for me.